It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people have same ideas at the same time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That's it.

My idea was to re-publish a book... but I was a bit slow and then BAM, someone published it first.

That same "dupe idea fenomenon" happened with my friend, then with my teacher.

How two people from different parts of the world can have the same idea in the same week?

Beyond the 100th hundred syndrome, any ideas?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
happened many times to me as well

sometimes its a few months, sometimes a few years

shared subconscious mind?

perhaps

everytime I think I have another piece of life's puzzle solved, another missing space appears; ready to be filled

and the puzzle is just that, puzzling

nothing makes sense, at least based on the learning methods and information we've been given since birth

[edit on 25-5-2009 by warrenb]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Go ahead and write your book. If your ideas are credible you might even challenge the other one.

If you view the universe as one in which everyone is linked subconsciously then I would say everything has it's time and destiny is pregnant with possibilities.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

profound

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't know, I suppose they are thinking or presumably looking at or doing the same thing at the very same time. Just a coincidence I suppose.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
There is a term for that, a real good one too and I have been wracking my brain for the last ten years trying to remember what it was. Hopefully someone will say it in this thread. It's a well known phenomenon nonetheless.
Someone remember? It's a two word phrase.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
100 monkey syndrome, I think it's called, based on a scientific myth, about a 100th monkey who learns to do something in a certain way, like wash potatoes or some such thing, and then, suddenly, monkeys of the same species everywhere, are also doing it, though they had no direct means of communication.

Ruppert Sheldrake(Google) has a theory about it he calls morphic resonance. It's a fact that certain crystal formation which is very hard to achieve, once done, is easier everywhere else.

This would suggest that evolution is a non-localized phenomenon, which leads to a conception of platonic forms operating as a catalyst for evolutionary growth or what might be called a "formative causation".

We are also into something Pierre Teilhard de Chardin referred to as the "noosphere", which is an globalized instantaneous medium of information exchange enveloping the earth.

I noticed that when I started making posts in this forum about the holophraphic universe, non-locality and God, that there followed an eruption of threads about variations of the same theme.

People are seeking hard, and what we seek, we find. It's all available, just awaiting discovery, or re-discovery, since there's very little that's new under the sun.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Thank you, thank you, thank you OmegaPoint. Morphic resonance was the one I was thinking of and I really appreciate your post. I will definitely have to look into some of those things some more...it's a really compelling phenomenon.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Syncronycity....

C. G. Jung explained it in his theory of the collective unconscience.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I made the connection to this article by Sheldrake Morphic Fields and Morphic Resonance. Quite interesting.

top topics

join