It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea preparing to test-fire short-range missiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

North Korea preparing to test-fire short-range missiles

www.channelnewsasia.com

SEOUL - North Korea is preparing to test-fire short-range missiles in the Yellow Sea, one day after it staged a nuclear test, South Korea's Yonhap news agency said Tuesday.

"North Korea has declared an off-limits area for vessels in the Yellow Sea off Jungsan county in South Pyongan province," it quoted a Seoul government source as saying.

"The North is likely to fire short-range missiles today or tomorrow."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Looks like more posturing with short range missile tests.

Could we see a military response against North Korea for these provocative acts?

Personally, I think we are going to see a growing escalation with a final military solution against North Korea.

The UN condemnation is merely just the tip of the iceberg. US Military bases, South Korea and Japan all could be viable targets, I doubt North Korea has the capacity to nuke US soil.

www.channelnewsasia.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
NK sure is posturing a lot.

Probably trying to get this all done and ready before the airplanes and missiles arrive.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
In my opinion, if they want to solve this militarily, they have to act swiftly before more nuclear weapons can be deployed, but the real tactical challenge is, North Korea has probably already prepared several nuclear missiles that will end up in some type of an exchange.

This may be the first use of nuclear weapons on civilian populations since Japan was hit during WWII.

That is, if it comes to a military resolution.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well i think if the Chinese are now annoyed with North Korea they will take steps to regime change North Korea. I dont think the rest of the world world would mind. I think Kimmy has now seriously ticked off it's closest ally.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
They are really pushing it this time. Iran just sealed their fate with that little comment today saying they are done negotiating a deal on nukes and their wont be one. I think the wackos in NK are trying to get us looking another way again while they plan on doing something else.

Maybe the second test was for one type of bomb and now they want to try another more lethal weapon. I wish Obama would take out their whole army so we don't have to realize this wacko with many more warheads.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If we take the Bush pretext that a regime like Iraq with no WMD yet alleged to have them is a call for war, then applying this principle to a situation where North Korea does have them... one would assume that a military response is inevitable.

However, North Korea is a much more serious risk then Iraq and the outcome of such a war could be of epic proportions for South Korea.

I can't imagine much more threat then that, perhaps noting that AGEIS destroyers could theoretically shoot down outbound missiles from North Korea.

Time will certainly tell this tale.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Obama is not George Bush. he will want to go down the diplomatic route first and then he can show China and Russia that he has tried everything via the UN to get a resolution to the problem. Then who knows, he may actually get a UN Army together , blue helmets fighting under a UN flag. Though i hope it does not come to that.

[edit on 25/5/09 by Wirral Bagpuss]

top topics

join