It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Inner Worlds Of Conspiracy Believers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

A team led by psychologist Viren Swami of the University of Westminster in London identified several traits associated with subscribing to 9/11 conspiracies, at least among British citizens. These characteristics consist of backing one or more conspiracy theories unrelated to 9/11, frequently talking about 9/11 conspiracy beliefs with likeminded friends and others, taking a cynical stance toward politics, mistrusting authority, endorsing democratic practices, feeling generally suspicious toward others and displaying an inquisitive, imaginative outlook.

I'm not to sure how I feel about this study.
This pretty much says we all jump to conclusions and are the same type of people.

The study, still unpublished, shows that conspiracy believers displayed a greater propensity than nonbelievers to jump to conclusions based on limited evidence. β€œIt seems likely that conspiratorial beliefs serve a similar psychological function to superstitious, paranormal and, more controversially, religious beliefs, as they help some people to gain a sense of control over an unpredictable world,” French says.

Original Link

[edit on 25-5-2009 by seangkt]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/5/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Please delete this I have been told about it being posted already but did not see it thank you and sorry

new topics

join