It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer: Police drop warrant after mom, son with cancer return

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminatus I

I clearly stated what I have seen (Please read my posts if you are confused) and as for the contributing to the post comment I have been. I have brought up the issue about the government now choosing the best methods for treatment.

Now you say you work in the medical field right? Would you say that makes your opinion a little biased? How high are you on the ladder??(Just in case this question confuses you I am asking if you benefit from someone choosing chemo rather than alternative medicines?)

Now lets talk about contributing to the topic, am I mistaken by saying that you called the alternative medicines voodoo, pixie dust and whatever you called it? Now is that very productive??? Open your mind up.

Oh and thank you for degrading what I have seen with the many family members that have passed on due to cancer. You're a really good person(End sarcasm)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I admit now that I haven't read all of the posts.

I must state emphatically that the government or even those people that have their calling in life to project their utopia onto others have NO right to interfere with the parent child relationship. Offspring is not only a genetic mattter, which the parents solely contribute, it is a clan type beginning. People have the right in this country..usa... at the moment to chose their religous beleifs without government interference.
When the government is determined to interfere with this BASIC principle of the USA ..then it is high time to call back all representatives. Senate and House alike should stand in front of their superiors and state how we lost religious freedom that our forefathers fought and died to preserve.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by awakentired]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

What are you implying? That the NWO wants the kid to undergo Chemo so the reptilian overlords have another body to feed on?

LOL. What? Where did I mention reptilians or the NWO? I feel like your response is weak rhetoric. Does a for profit industry working to maximize profits sound outrageous to you?

I support a system where parents aren't allowed to murder their children.

The question I asked was do you support a system where the Government is the parent of the Nations children and where the biological mother and father are only parents by proxy?

Furthermore if this child would like to spend his remaining days free of agony caused by chemo then what gives you or anyone else the right to deny the child his dying wishes? Surely the decision to fight against poor odds and possibly spend your last days in agony or not fighting and spending your last days in relative peace is one that I'm sure one does not take lightly and the decsion is each individuals alone.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
I don't like how you're passing judgment on someone you don't even know. Is this person spiritual? or religious? You have no idea, which is what bugs me.

He is 13. He has a severe learning disability. He can't read. His parents are religious fanatics.

He is 13!!!!! He is not capable of realizing the consequences of his decision. He has told others he does not even believe he is sick!

If the chemo were a longshot then I would agree, but it wasn't a longshot.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminatus I

Originally posted by Cool Breeze

Ok for one your argument on "me abusing my child" and me deciding what treatment is best for my child is moronic at best. How old are you honestly?

... and your reply is completely and utterly worthless at best. If you think you can abuse your child and withhold medical treatment from them, then I hope you have some sensible neighbors who will call HRS and put your children under proper care.

Are you the type of person who does whatever the good ol' government tells you to do huh??? Well let me know how the H1N1 vaccine works out for ya.

I'm the type of person that will take your kid away from you if you are abusing them. Just because you have a child doesn't mean it is your slave or your science experiement to try out "alternative treatments".

A parents right to care for their children and abuse are two very seperate things. I believe you are on the "high horse" and have no business in the medical or governmental fields. Simply from your demeanor and attitude presented on this site. I don't know if you forgot but 100 years ago parents were allowed to care for their children as they see fit as that is their right. People like you have no business even dreaming of working in child welfare.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by ghaleon12
I don't like how you're passing judgment on someone you don't even know. Is this person spiritual? or religious? You have no idea, which is what bugs me.

He is 13. He has a severe learning disability. He can't read. His parents are religious fanatics.

He is 13!!!!! He is not capable of realizing the consequences of his decision. He has told others he does not even believe he is sick!

If the chemo were a longshot then I would agree, but it wasn't a longshot.

We might say the same thing for his parents. Apparently they also have a severe learning disability seeing as how they think magic Indian spells are going to save their son.

They probably told him to "think it away" so he's telling everyone he doesn't even have cancer.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Looks like the family wised up and came back, hopefully they'll treat their son instead of letting him die a dog with rabies.

Weirdo cultists, thinking some Indian voodoo is going to save the kid from cancer. What a load of garbage. These parents don't have the right to breed. The poor kid is going to die now in part because his parents believe that spirits from the wind, trees, and rocks are going to kill his cancer away. What a load of garbage.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

after chemotherapy 5% of patient survives 5 years so why bother with chemo ; chemo costs 100 thous dollars so they (courts, BIgpharma, MD) are after the money not health of the boy; u usually die of chemo not cancer;doctors decisions are # 1 cause of death in States

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

They probably told him to "think it away" so he's telling everyone he doesn't even have cancer.

probably a good idea... the best cure for any type of sickness is to stay positive and optimistic. by the way, would you mind providing your credentials since you've seen 'so much.' I just think you would get the benefit of the doubt if you provided where in the medical field you work and how long you've been doing it. For some reason when i think of you i picture the janitor from 'Scrubs' who hears doctors talk all day and believes he in turn has a medical degree.

Alternate methods to cancer are not all too far fetched. Chi Gong in China is building up a following, and apparently hundreds of people a year benefit from it.

But back to the basics, if the parents don't want the treatment and the kid doesn't want the treatment then he shouldn't be forced. Chemo sucks, and the fact that this is the only reliable treatment in America just speaks wonders about the doctors and researchers in America.

They are not killing their kid, I bet you believe they 'killed' Terri Schivo too when they let her die naturally.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Chemo therapy can not be considered a great treatment for cancer. The side effects are horrendous. The fact that many patients experience organ failure as a result of the "therapy" should be taken into account by the people who push chemo as the end all be all of cancer treatment. Chemo therapy as most patients will tell causes brain dammage. Obviously, someone who already has some cognitive problems may not want more problems.Furthermore, the treatment costs a hundred thousand dollars and the patients are put through hell. The statists who support hunting down patients like cattle and forcing them to recieve chemo will not be the ones to take care of the patients when all their organs start failing one by one. They will also not give the people whose brains and bodies have been ravaged by chemo jobs , and they will recent former cancer patients who rely on the government for supprt. In my opinion, the only reason chemo has not been replaced by a more enlightened approach towards treating cancer is because the medical industry loves the money they recieve from chemo treatments.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by eradown]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminatus IWe might say the same thing for his parents. Apparently they also have a severe learning disability seeing as how they think magic Indian spells are going to save their son.

So what is it that you have, that qualifies you to declare alternative medicines as spells and voodoo?
Just because all you have been taught is that american medicine is the only treatment doesn't make it so. There are plenty of holistic treatments out there that work for many different ailments. Cancer is no exception.
The fact is, there is NO cure for cancer. PERIOD. Any treatment has about as good a chance of improving your status as the next one.
There is plenty of documentation that shows that Chemo is far from a proper solution. Organ failure, serious pain, its extremely debilitating, costs unbelievable amounts of money. There are plenty more reasons not to use Chemo.
On the pro side there is very little. About a 5% chance that the cancer will recede due to the treatments. Even if it does, the damage that the chemo has caused often renders people incapacitated anyway.
I've known several people that have used Chemotherapy and form what i have seen, i would NEVER take it.
Not wanting to take a debilitating treatment is no a suicide wish. If i was faced with the challenge of being a cancer patient, given the fact that the overwhelming majority barely even extend their life expectancy, i would rather spend my time doing things i want to do, rather than spend my time in pain, in bed, spending every penny i have.
My grandfather suffered from pancreatic cancer and skin cancer. He lived with both those conditions for nearly a decade. Once the doctors suggested chemo was the way to go, his health deteriorated from being fully functional to completely bed ridden within a couple of months. In his case, i am 100% convinced that Chemo killed him much faster than the cancer ever was.

so basically to sum this up: Illuminatus1. You are wrong. You have no credentials that put you in a position to state with any accuracy that the treatments that this family were seeking in mexico will work or not. Therefore you should stay out of peoples business.
It is not child abuse to explore other alternatives. As was stated by many people here, Chemo is a poison and should not be forced upon anyone. especially a child, and especially by the government.

Here is a very good article that sums up very well the exact reason that I believe that Chemo is the worst possible solution to cancer.
How toxic Chemotherapy kills both cancer cell and cancer patients

Edited to add quote

alternative therapies may pose a serious threat when a patient, if swayed toward alternatives, loses the opportunity to receive the (extremely) effective orthodox treatment? Run that by me again. Time and time again it has been confirmed that the proven medical treatments are not only ineffective but dangerous. The vast majority of patients with cancer live longer and better if left without the orthodox treatments. Oncologists will not accept these treatments for themselves. No scientific research is needed to prove that fresh vegetables, fruit, juices, medicinal herbs, vitamins, minerals, fiber, etc. are not harmful to the body. It would be nice if there were proof that surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy were not harmful.
Health In The 21st Century by Fransisco Contreras MD, page 224

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Pumcy]

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Pumcy]

Mod edit : fixed BBCode

[edit on 5/28/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WinoBot

probably a good idea... the best cure for any type of sickness is to stay positive and optimistic. by the way, would you mind providing your credentials since you've seen 'so much.' I just think you would get the benefit of the doubt if you provided where in the medical field you work and how long you've been doing it. For some reason when i think of you i picture the janitor from 'Scrubs' who hears doctors talk all day and believes he in turn has a medical degree.

I do mind giving my credentials online here, at ATS. It's obvious that a position such as mine would bring ridicule - not because of the nature of the position, but because of the allegations that I'd be lying due to the perceived... prestige and extreme... have-to-do with the thread.

Alternate methods to cancer are not all too far fetched. Chi Gong in China is building up a following, and apparently hundreds of people a year benefit from it.

That's right. Chi and good thoughts cures cancer. Don't forget to pray to god too.

But back to the basics, if the parents don't want the treatment and the kid doesn't want the treatment then he shouldn't be forced. Chemo sucks, and the fact that this is the only reliable treatment in America just speaks wonders about the doctors and researchers in America.

They should be forced...

They are not killing their kid, I bet you believe they 'killed' Terri Schivo too when they let her die naturally.

A doctor takes an oath, and so does a judge.

Parents, do not have to.

These parents are killers.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So I see you've decided to reach a new low by purposefully changing what someone wrote when you quoted them.

Way to go dude. Nice way to act like a mature adult (that is if you really are one).

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Friendly Reminder

We encourage civil discussion here at ATS....

We understand this can be a heated topic however we expect the members to talk about this in a respectful manner...

Discuss the topic and not each other...

Please remember...

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Back to the topic:

Lawyer: Police drop warrant after mom, son with cancer return

Thank you.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

They should be forced...

I am fascinated by your position. I am curious if you would support individuals being forced to undergo other controversial medical treatments or just chemo. If the latter what about chemo necessitates forcing individuals to undergo such a treatment?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join