It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 punches that Dick Cheney landed on Barack Obama's jaw

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interryanmilan
Apparently cheney has only a 5% approval rating so i wouldn't count on it

That's impossible because Cheney's approval ratings have risen 8% since he has left office and started laying into Obama.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Heres a documentary I found on Dick Cheney, its called Cheney's Law .

Synopsis:

"For three decades Vice President Dick Cheney conducted a secretive, behind-closed-doors campaign to give the president virtually unlimited wartime power. Finally, in the aftermath of 9/11, the Justice Department and the White House made a number of controversial legal decisions. Orchestrated by Cheney and his lawyer David Addington, the department interpreted executive power in an expansive and extraordinary way, granting President George W. Bush the power to detain, interrogate, torture, wiretap and spy -- without congressional approval or judicial review."

www.moviesfoundonline.com...

Another Id recommend is Daylight Robbery

www.moviesfoundonline.com...

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Horus12]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Well, you aren't so bad yourself, even though you occasionally give in to attempts at liberal bashing, you seem to be knowledgeable, and generally try to back you opinions up with facts, which all too many do not. I try not to take things personal, and inject some humor when possible.

These points are off subject, so I will be brief.

Most do talk about the costs of nationalizing health care, as they point out regularly that we pay Far more for health care than any first world nation, and yet a huge percentage of our population has very limited access to health care.

The Gitmo problem can't just be magically solved, it is a very difficult thing, and I don't think anyone reasonable would expect that Obama can resolve this quickly. Obama is working on a plan to clean up this horrible mess left by GW/Cheney.

It is repub presidents who have borrowed future generations money to continue to be the world's only super power, and experiment with foolish free market concepts. ON this point you are way off base. $10 TRILLION PLUS in debt created by repub presidents, and you want to blame our debt on Obama? Seriously, you think that is rational, cause I think it is totally nuts. To attack Obama for deficit spending to revive our economy, which worked in WW II, after the huge un-necessary deficits created by repub presidents is pure hypocrisy.

Considering how badly GW/Cheney damaged the image of the U.S. as a nation, it will take a long time to see any results on the diplomatic front. This new situation with N. Korea will be an important test. Personally, I think Kim is just an attention freak, and a child in a man's body.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

It is repub presidents who have borrowed future generations money to continue to be the world's only super power, and experiment with foolish free market concepts. ON this point you are way off base. $10 TRILLION PLUS in debt created by repub presidents, and you want to blame our debt on Obama? Seriously, you think that is rational, cause I think it is totally nuts. To attack Obama for deficit spending to revive our economy, which worked in WW II, after the huge un-necessary deficits created by repub presidents is pure hypocrisy.

Considering how badly GW/Cheney damaged the image of the U.S. as a nation, it will take a long time to see any results on the diplomatic front.

When Bush and Cheney barged into the White House in 2000 it just seemed like a coup for big business interests. No one thought of the US as a ship on the ocean or that a bad captain could sink it.

Like him or not, Obama was handed the stewardship of the Titanic.

My fear is that he may be spending rashly as when you know your company's about to go into receivership, why worry about bills.

8 Trillion, 10 Trillion, 12 Trillion, what's the difference any more?

Mike

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Most do talk about the costs of nationalizing health care, as they point out regularly that we pay Far more for health care than any first world nation, and yet a huge percentage of our population has very limited access to health care.

Should there be health care reform sure, but it shouldn't be ramrodded through by only one side. It needs to a bipartisan effort. Our recent history shows very little promise of that.

The Gitmo problem can't just be magically solved, it is a very difficult thing, and I don't think anyone reasonable would expect that Obama can resolve this quickly. Obama is working on a plan to clean up this horrible mess left by GW/Cheney.

Even you have to agree the way that Pres. Obama has handled this has been pretty sloppy. Close Gitmo if you want, but you better have a plan on how to deal with the current people being held there and future ones. Right now it doesn't seem there is one, with even the VP saying he is out of the loop.

Deficit spending in WWII as a valid comparison? That's a stretch, but I actually agree with you on this for the most part. I blame both parties for systematically letting our manufacturing capability be shipped overseas along with our wealth. It's sad that we as a nation don't produce much anymore and we actually send our scrap metal overseas to get cheap things cheaply made for us. Anyone who thinks the trade/debt imbalances will be sustainable over the long term is quite honestly crazy. Both parties can be blamed for this. I just think the stimulus money should have been spent on other things, but we never got a chance to really debate that in the House and Senate. The Fed and Treasury basically held a gun to their heads and said "You better do this or all Hell will break loose"

Considering how badly GW/Cheney damaged the image of the U.S. as a nation, it will take a long time to see any results on the diplomatic front. This new situation with N. Korea will be an important test. Personally, I think Kim is just an attention freak, and a child in a man's body.

While he may be a child attention freak, he is also a pretty whacked out leader of a nation with a leadership that has most extreme case of paranoia around. The man kidnapped showbiz people from other countries for his pleasure. At the very least he is a pretty unstable leader with a massive military and now, once again, nuclear weapons.

Lets see, he fooled the Clinton Administration, he fooled the Bush Administration and yet we are to once again trust this man? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Fool me three times? I don't think so.

What exactly are the common interests that Iran and U.S. have to work together towards? Have they (Iran) show any receptive overtures to our new engagement policy? You do realize they are following the NK example of how to become a nuclear club member? They will delay and delay, they haven't shown any inclination of abandoning their nuclear ambitions and yet we somehow think that we can magically get them to change their mind? The point is rather moot since soon Israel will take matters into their own hands, unless some miracle of diplomacy comes out of Tehran very soon.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Horus12

Very nice find, thanks for posting a link to this documentary. I rarely watch videos posted on here, as most of them seem more concerned with grabbing attention, and tend to be all fluff and no substance, but this video really goes at the heart of all that was wrong with the GW/Cheney admin.. These people were trying to take over our country.

Cheney is essentially the heir to Nixon, and Nixon's paranoid way of running the government, abuse of power, secrecy, and just plain dirty politics. I think this video is something everyone should see. Something needs to be done to publicly denounce the actions taken by Cheney in his abusive efforts to break the balance of power in Washington.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

You have made some pretty good points.

I would like to add

Considering that most repubs completely oppose any reforms to our health care system, unless they benefit insurance companies, why should there be bipartisan agreement. While workers in the rest of the first world nations get nationalized health care, U.S. workers have to pay for it on their own, in the most expensive health care system in the world, which greatly increases the cost of labor in the U.S.. In addition to this, U.S. workers are also expected to pay for the biggest military, which eats up more money than all of our closest competitors combined. How are we supposed to compete while providing all of this corporate welfare that the repubs prefer?

And Counter

I agree Obama hasn't figured out how to clean up the Guantanamo Bay mess created by the GW/Cheney administration, BUT that doesn't change the fact that the GW/Cheney administration created this mess, which you want to ignore.

The Guantanamo Bay prison facilities is one of the greatest messes ever created by an executive administration, and its legacy will continue to haunt our country for decades, if not centuries. GW/Cheney administration can add it to their legacy of failure. Just because Obama can not wave a magic wand and make this mess go away, doesn't mean he deserve any of the blame for this mess, or any other mess created by the most incompetent administration in U.S. history, GW/Cheney administration.

I think we see things pretty much the same with out current state of the economy. I would add these points that I think all true conservatives should consider. The Fed Res is a private entity, not part of the government, but with considerable privileges granted by the government, which are loosely regulated by some congressional oversight. Gingrich and his fellow repubs de-regulated banking and investment after they took over in 95, and by 97, decreasing th ability of congress to have oversight of banking and investment. Shortly after deregulation we entered the tech market bubble followed by the real estate bubble, Enron, and a great many other scams that have lead us to our current predicament. It isn't government that has created this huge mess, it is private industry, specifically, the banking and investment industry.

The banking and investment industry created this mess, and they should pay for the costs of cleaning up this mess. Within a decade after the huge WW II deficit that was far greater than our current deficit, our government had gotten its financial house in order, bringing national debt down to a reasonable level. We did it then, we can do it now, and applying the same solutions would be the way to go.

The answer to Kim is to treat him like the child that he is, flatter him, stroke his ego, seduce him, and then one day he wakes up and finds out that he is no longer in power. China is already starting to turn their back on N Korea. The success of S Korea has obliterated any dream that communism is a valid system when it is compared to N Korea.

We can't put the nuclear genie back in the bottle. Our only answer is deterrent capabilities, and technology that prevents those who obtain nuclear weapons from ever delivering such devices. Investment in the space program is a good way to go. Greater technology is the answer.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
the 11th and 12th punch

11) Bush: [ in a seemingly spontanious statement, a look of retardation contorting his facial features, then shifting to a look of perplexity]

“If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier... (Chuckles) (laughter) ...just so long as I'm the dictator.” (Laughter)

12) Cheney: [ (camera pans from left to right 15FPS, slowly zooming in, out of focus, zooming tight and coming to focus a face shot. Stop pan.
scene shot for facial expression during non-verbal script, voice overdub of thoughts unspoken, with heavy ambient reverb for added effect]

"If only that damn Congress hadn't repealed the Sedition Act of 1918, none of this S*&# would have been released. I wonder if I tell them otherwise, they will take my word for it...."
[ pause in overdub voice (4 seconds) ]
"Maybe if I invite those meddlers on a hunting trip I can shoot some sense into them."
[Evil grin manifests on face with noticeable supressed laughter body movements, drool begins oozing from mouth] [ lose focus, fade to black ]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
This is a good example however of the vast difference in the way Liberals see the world as opposed to Conservatives. Liberals react with emotion on every front, Conservatives are rational and see facts.

Much like Cheney..

I respect conservatives but not thiefs.

Having 100% blind faith in your party or elected official, whomever it maybe, without investigating facts is truely wrong. You should judge people with their actions, not what they say.

1)The bush administration said iraq had weapons of mass destruction and posed an imminent threat to its neighbors; I assume israel! Where is the evidence??? To date NOTHING has been shown to ANYONE! Everything is still classified or doesn't exist. Which is true?

2)Most people think 9-11 was an al-queda plot but to date there is little to no evidence to conclusively prove that. In fact, most of the evidence points to US involvement in some way or another, nevermind gross negligence.

I have no real way to express to you how very successful I am and how this STILL great country has been good to me. I have of course paid it back at every turn. Having served in uniform for the past 29 years, my dues are paid. Unlike most of the liberals that post on here, I don't want a hand out.

Every liberal is on welfare? Talk about stereo-typing people! Are you also a racist?

Fighting for your country is honorable but having blind faith in republican administrations, while totally disregarding any evidence to the contrary, is not only naive but extremely dangerous.

Wake up man! Even moderate republicans are calling them out for treason!

Dick Cheney and George Bush, (both) are shining examples of all that is right with this country. The current administration is showing us all that is wrong. We can only pray something changes before it is too late.
Semper

I could not possibly DISAGREE MORE!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join