It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Iran could have nuclear bomb in one year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
A year? Doubt it. I'm sure they already have it developed.

Anyone catch the 4.6 "earthquake" that just hit western Iran? I think they just tested one.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
BOOM BOOM BOOM, I heir those drums coming there coming around the bend. I haven't seen the sun shine since I dont know when. I'm stuck in the Afgan. Iraq, Iran and Pakistan and time keeps marching on the same ole tune down wash-ing-ton, yee haww now every body sing.

sorry but I had to say something the drums of war people the drums of war

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
20% enrichment, and we're talking about nukes? Please...

Do any of you even have any idea how enriched uranium need to get to be weapons grade?

80% AT LEAST. That was how enriched the uranium was in the Hiroshima bomb.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

The epicenter of that quake is in a region that has seen dozens of minor quakes in the last ten years - there's nothing unusual about it other than a little bit of coincidental timing.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing when i checked out the quake map... i doubt it was a nuke being tested, but it is funny that you think that...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

Its no that hard to enrich from 20% to 80% or 90% thats the problem it can take years to go from 1% to 20% but only months to go from 20% to 90% that is were all this can go wrong if they wont to stay at 20% then more power to them but when they start (if they start) enriching it to weapons grade the all bets are of

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

I hear ya on that one... I dont think this is over by a long shot... The Iran leader is a nut job and I really believe he wants nukes and he will use them....

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird
20% enrichment, and we're talking about nukes? Please...

Do any of you even have any idea how enriched uranium need to get to be weapons grade?

80% AT LEAST. That was how enriched the uranium was in the Hiroshima bomb.

So you actually believe what they tell us is what they got? You're incredibly naive. There's no way they're @ 20%..then tell us they're @ 20%.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Ear-Responsible]

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
UN nuclear watchdog to release report on activities this week; Iran has carried out experiments in the final stage for developing nuclear weapons including explosions and computer simulations of explosions. Iran is pursuing its nuclear weapons program at the Parchin military base about 30 kilometers from Tehran, diplomatic sources in Vienna say. The Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency is expected to release a report this week on Iran's nuclear activities.

According to recent leaks, Iran has carried out experiments in the final, critical stage for developing nuclear weapons - weaponization. This includes explosions and computer simulations of explosions. The Associated Press and other media outlets have reported that satellite photos of the site reveal a bus-sized container for conducting experiments.

Parchin serves as a base for research and development of missile weaponry and explosive material. It also has hundreds of structures and a number of fortified tunnels and bunkers for carrying out explosive experiments.

As far back as eight years ago, U.S. intelligence sources received information indicating that the bunkers would also be suitable to develop nuclear weapons. According to that information, Iran conducted experiments there to examine its capacity to simulate a nuclear explosion.

The Iranians rejected an IAEA request to visit Parchin, saying that IAEA rules permitted the organization's member states to deny such visits to military bases. Now, eight years later, the site is again suspected as a location for covert military nuclear activity.

Sources say that this time around, the IAEA report will contain clearer language on military aspects of the Iranian nuclear program. The report is in the final drafting stages and will need the approval of the IAEA's director general, Yukiya Amano.

According to information leaked to the media, the report will include a 12-page appendix with details including documents and satellite photos that support the contention that, in violation of its international obligations, Iran is covertly developing nuclear weapons.

The report is also expected to detail Iranian's progress on uranium enrichment at its Natanz facility and state that the Islamic Republic still refuses to disclose information on various aspects of its atomic program. This in turn arouses suspicions that Iran is hiding information and is indeed developing nuclear weapons.

Previous IAEA reports have said Iran already has four and a half tons of uranium at Natanz that are enriched at 3.5 percent. If such a quantity is enriched to 90 percent, something Iran has the capacity for, it will be enough to produce fissile material for four or five nuclear bombs.

The report is expected to state that Iran has also begun to install centrifuges at a facility near Qom that is built underground to shield the site from an air attack.

Both the Natanz and Qom sites, however, are subject to regular visits by IAEA inspectors. Any decision on moving to the final stage in a nuclear weapons program would largely be up to Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, with the assistance of two military advisers.

In any event, diplomats say it is unlikely the IAEA's governing board will condemn Iran when it meets on November 17 and 18. It might take months to convince China and Russia to support a board resolution that could be the first step toward additional UN sanctions, they say.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Iran continued working on nuclear weapons at least until last year, including efforts to shrink a Pakistani warhead design to fit atop its ballistic missiles, a report from United Nations inspectors said.

The International Atomic Energy Agency, drawing on evidence collected over eight years, reported yesterday that Iran carried out “work on the development of an indigenous design of a nuclear weapon including the testing of components.”

The document shows that Iran worked to redesign and miniaturize a Pakistani nuclear-weapon design by using a web of front companies and overseas experts, according to the report and an international official familiar with the IAEA’s probe. Such a warhead could be mounted on Iran’s Shahab-3 missile, which has the range to reach Israel, according to the IAEA.

The report adds to international pressure on Iran to answer questions about its program. It was released amid reports in Israeli media that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is pressing his Cabinet to support possible military action to halt Iran’s nuclear program.

The U.S. and European nations may pursue additional sanctions against Iran following the report’s release and are waiting to see how Iran responds, according to two U.S. officials who briefed reporters on condition of anonymity. Iran already is under UN sanctions and the U.S. has imposed sanctions on Iranian government agencies, financial institutions and government officials.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Wow, I heard this kind of stuff back in 2003, and it turned out to be false. The profiteers need to dip into the last remaining bits of cash that us tax payers have left.

I don't even care if they get the nuke, if they are foolish enough to use it they will die. Simple as that. If Israel feels threatened, let them handle it by themselves, they have a horde of nukes. They don't do anything for us.

Support this war if you want, just don't be upset when you realize how you've been played...AGAIN.

edit on 9-11-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
Wow, I heard this kind of stuff back in 2003, and it turned out to be false. The profiteers need to dip into the last remaining bits of cash that us tax payers have left.

I don't even care if they get the nuke, if they are foolish enough to use it they will die. Simple as that. If Israel feels threatened, let them handle it by themselves, they have a horde of nukes. They don't do anything for us.

Support this war if you want, just don't be upset when you realize how you've been played...AGAIN.

edit on 9-11-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

You didn't hear "this kind of stuff" from the UN's International Atomic Energy Agency in 2003.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join