It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Say to an Alien?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

If you could send a message to an extraterrestrial civilization, what would you say? This is not just some scenario I made up, it's the real thing.

SETI is taking your suggestions for what to say to the aliens, when and if discovered, that is. The new project is called "Earth Speaks," and messages are being solicited online, from people all over the world.

SETI spokesman and Chief Executive Officer of the Institute in Mountain View, California put it this way:

“By submitting text messages, pictures, and sounds from across the globe, people from all walks of life will contribute to a dialogue about what humanity might say to intelligent beings on other worlds.”

It's easy really, just go to Earth Speaks, and send in your message. But first, you have to tell us what you would say.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

ufos.about.com...

I'm curious about what folks here at ATS would say that's different from the "mainstream" messages they're soliciting. The top keywords on the SETI page right now seem to be "hope", "peace", and "friendship".

Laudable messages, but rather trite. What message would you send, that you're pretty sure TPTB would never allow?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I wouldnt want what i have to say to be taken by the aliens as being understood by everyone on earth. so i would have to make a very general statement that would solve so many problems.

I would tell them to come and kill those who seek to kill.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
"What's with the head buddy?"

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Good question and one I used to think about when I was a little girl. I wouldn't want my message to be of peace or friendship as I think if they have been observing our planet they would see that we are hypocritical. I had come to the conclusion that I'd want to have knowledge shared between us and them although I'm still unsure as to how I would say it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'd ask them to beam up to their ship and take me for a trip around the cosmos. And then I'd ask them for some technology.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I stopped, began to think, and came up with nothing.

I'm not liking the idea though.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I would tell it that it is lucky that it met a human who won't kill him in the name of science.

than I would waterboard him until I know all the secrets of the universe and sent him back home.

SARCASM OFF

I would tell it to get his buddies and show themselves to the world.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
We should pre-emptively undermine their self-esteem, so they don't get any uppity thoughts about invasion or such.

Make them baffled. Something like: "Curious Green Ideas Sleep Furiously!". Over and over again.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
We should pre-emptively undermine their self-esteem, so they don't get any uppity thoughts about invasion or such.

Make them baffled. Something like: "Curious Green Ideas Sleep Furiously!". Over and over again.

Think it would hurt to include a picture with the caption, "Hulk Smash!" ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ca6126bb5bb.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'd say...take me with you!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I would tell them it was a collect call from Earth and so they have to reimburse us for all the SETI expenses.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

"We need help. Please hurry."

That's about the only thing I can think to say.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If there is any real purpose to send such a message, I bet it would be sharing the beauties of our world - the most beautiful photos, songs, concepts (love etc.), and maybe most of all intercultural and social processes. It wouldn't make sense to just show them how we live, but to try and share what we think is essential to our lives seems to me like something that is universally interesting information.

Simply sharing what we think is beautiful and hoping they can find the beauty in it is the way to go, methinks.

Edits to add: such beauties would include our most elegant solutions for the most troubling problems, etc., and maybe the most important 'beautiful concept' would be sharing our beauties with others (that's recursion for ya!). Although an even more awesome concept would be the sharing that feeling of sharing beauties - but we would need to have established communication for such a concept.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by scraze]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
"Dinner says what?"

(or some variation of that)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I would say "eopu e u callaum inu, somo juhitec amaharab ou till saluti"

and hope they understand me!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
I would tell them to come and kill those who seek to kill.

That might be a bad strategic move. Since it's a message from the entire earth, they might interpret that as we all seek to have some people killed, via their intervention. Then, they might oblige us by blowing up the planet.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Please come and take me away from the madness is probably the first thing I would say, that then, tell me all you know about the universe

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
Please come and take me away from the madness is probably the first thing I would say, that then, tell me all you know about the universe

At least "madness" is something you can qualitatively analyse.

Reminder to all: Be Careful What You Ask For.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I'd say:
The light is my guide through the darkness - though many are my failings. Come and share with me your story and I will share with you mine so that we may begin our story gathered together as friends. And if our differences are too great for us to overcome lets agree to let live and go back to how it was before we met. Maybe in time we will grow closer so that we may learn to overcome together.

In my lifetime I've learned that the greatest gift of all is one that can be shared among friends. Because the brief happiness of many far outweighs a lifetime of being happy alone. So if you will have me as your friend I will accept you as mine. Lets take it from there. Now that we've found each other a new chapter begins. It's up to us to make sure it's a good one.

Love and light

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
How do make UFO's and what energy fuels them?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join