It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin's Take on Homelessness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

(There is profanity)

I learned a lot from this video =D: the reason why we have war on drugs and poverty but not homelessness is because helping the homeless does not have profit included.

He actually convinced me that a jail in town would be nice and golf really is a sport that wastes water and land with nothing good in return.

[edit on 5/25/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
George Carlin really had great insight and could put things in perspective like no other. I miss him.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I have to admit I love George Carlins pragmatic views of things...And I sit here laughing after watching that video. I do like some of the logical thoughts. But his anti American sentiment kind of annoys me...Yes I know the U.S. has done some stupid things but damn it we've done a lot of good in the world to all in the name of freedom...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixDemon
I have to admit I love George Carlins pragmatic views of things...And I sit here laughing after watching that video. I do like some of the logical thoughts. But his anti American sentiment kind of annoys me...Yes I know the U.S. has done some stupid things but damn it we've done a lot of good in the world to all in the name of freedom...

All in the name of freedom? Are you kidding me. While it may have been done "in the name of", it certainly wasn't done in the spirit of it.

If we can not see and admit this, then what good is this country?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

OK, I'll grant you that "all in the name of freedom" may be a stretch. But to deny that the U.S. has done a lot of good in the world as well is equally as foolish.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixDemon
OK, I'll grant you that "all in the name of freedom" may be a stretch. But to deny that the U.S. has done a lot of good in the world as well is equally as foolish.

I suppose if you consider someone who robs you for $20 and gives you back $5 as good then I can see your point.

I'm all for freedom and such, but what has been going on during my 30+ years is hardly anything I would consider good. Sure, the rest of the world is worse in many ways, so I'm not in a hurry to move or anything, but that doesn't give them a free pass in my book.

The way I see it, if freedom and such is their concern and goal, then they would welcome my criticism. If it is not, then I am completely right in criticizing. So no reason not to critisize IMO.

new topics

top topics

join