It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland about to be "problem,reaction,solution'd" I'm afraid...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hello friends,

There's a news item making its rounds today (www.breitbart.com...) from Northern Ireland reporting about protestants slaying a catholic man at a football game.

Why this is a religious issue verses a team loyalty, crowd control issue? It WREAKS of "anger installment". A little tinder to get the real fire going.
The catholics are just a bit beyond tired of the treatment they've received over the years and are (to say the least) a little tender in the wounds still.
An easy target for incitement.

If you know ANYBODY AT ALL in Ireland, warn them now to NOT FALL FOR INCITEMENT.

Problem: The Irish resist the EU / TPTB incite violence & riots.
Reaction: The Irish cry out for help / TPTB in the EU ignore the pleas.
Solution: The Irish are easily sold into the EU / TPTB secure (stop the violence) Ireland.

If you are in Ireland, spread the word that they are probably inciting unrest. I feel a BOATLOAD of crap coming down the pipe.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Northern Ireland is in the UK which has already ratified the Lisbon treaty..

The Republic of Ireland is a completely different country altogether..

Sorry for ruining your thread lol - I had to point these out.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I know what you mean but this is a supposed Scottish born influence.
It wouldn't take long for things to spread to the South.

Unification of the North & South is the goal, thence grandfathered in to the EU.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Its going to get a yes vote because..... ( and this is from my local politician )

" Sure the EU are after helping us alot money-wise "

Unfortunately it is this mentality which will win out in the Lisbon Farce! -

Also as much as I personally hate to back Dermo on Anything!!
He's Right!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
I know what you mean but this is a supposed Scottish born influence.
It wouldn't take long for things to spread to the South.

Unification of the North & South is the goal, thence grandfathered in to the EU.

Believe me.. there is no way and hard core sectarianism would ever spread south past the border areas of the Republic. I know this for a fact..

While most Irish people would like to see the country united after centuries of ethnic cleansing but after decades of terrorism and freedom fighting - peace and massive economic growth has changed the attitudes of 99.9% of us towards religious sectarianism. Believe me.. I know, I live here

It is still rife in SOME areas of Northern Ireland though... and by some, I mean housing estates in towns and cities.. There's probably only a couple of hundred hardcore republicans left and the same amount on the other side.

Anyway, the EU will get their Lisbon treaty passed because of the economic difficulties that Ireland are suffering at the moment. The EU made it clear that they would not help the country in any way because we voted against ratification in the last referendum... thats their version of 'Problem, reaction, solution'.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It happens every 'Old Firm' (Rangers v Celtic) game in Glasgow. This time Rangers won the league. There's still folk stumbling about in blue shirts now. Nothing new really. You just learn what days to stay inside.

It's more of an alcohol/testosterone issue than a religious one.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ivycutler

Yea, the Republican/Loyalist thing fizzled out and became the Celtic/Rangers problem.. still sectarian.. Its all a load of rubbish IMO. Catholic vs Protestant... Whats the point?

Just scumbags looking for a reason to hate someone.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
My question with "problem reaction solution" in Northern Ireland is that the UK had plenty of chance to do a reaction-solution before right now. There was a lot of terrorism and streetfighting up until just a few years ago. Why didn't Thatcher just "solution" it back in the 1980s? Or when the IRA shot a bloody RPG at the Mi-6 building? There was much more political support back then.

On top of this the Republic of Ireland has far too much to loose by any of the violence slipping over the boarder, not to mention there really aren't too many Protestants in Ireland proper. The Old Free State is much more interested in extending their role as an economic player in the EU, and as the westernmost EU nation, as a gateway to North America. The last decade was the first time in ages that Ireland had net immigration, they want to keep on the upward motion after the current recession is over.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ni ceart go cur le cheile
Tiocfaidh ár lá

join