It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: North Korean nuclear test 'a grave threat'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Obama: North Korean nuclear test 'a grave threat'

www.cnn.com

North Korea's actions "pose a grave threat to the peace and stability of the world," Obama said at the White House.

Obama promised that the United States and the international community would strongly respond to the test.

He added that North Korea's actions have "flown in the face of United Nations resolutions" and were inviting deeper international isolation for the communist state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
dun dun duh... Don't mess with Barry, he knows how to use his words to strike like bunker buster. I don't know, I always try to look at from the other sides point of view and why shouldn't NK be allowed to have nukes. We, the US have more nukes that anyone in the world. I would want to protect myself too. This will just come down to more war posturing and tough words. If NK was such a grave threat to the world they would have been dealt with long ago... Just ask bush jr..

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

I don't think we should insult the man for using words, I mean that was one of the main reasons people wanted him to be President, to have talks with other countries instead of you know *blowing them to bits and kiling innocent children, men and women then bring them back here and torturing them*.

Although it seems that the rest of the world no longer is fearful of us, who can blame them, because all the blame is on us, everything wrong in the world, down to the swine flu, has been proclaimed to be our fault, yeah my bad guys.

He does need actions to cooperate with his words, if he thinks they are a serious threat, then do something about it, I don't want to hear their a threat and then end up dying! Though I don't believe they could reach here, I feel for the families just trying to survive over there getting caught in it inevitabley.

You wanted a president that wouldn't fight, was happy, courteous and friendly as all hell, you got him!

This is really in all seriousness a big moment for Obama to man up to the plate, this is his shot to show what kind of President he is going to be, the defining moment if you will.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I heard a discussion on coast to coast radio a couple of weeks ago with some guy who believes the powers that be will be kicking off WW3 soon and it will begin with North Korea. He believes it is all pretty much planned out and a way to lower the population and bring in the NWO soon! With most of the world practically begging to be included in the new system just to make it stop!! Anyone know more of this?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tompdx3
I heard a discussion on coast to coast radio a couple of weeks ago with some guy who believes the powers that be will be kicking off WW3 soon and it will begin with North Korea. He believes it is all pretty much planned out and a way to lower the population and bring in the NWO soon! With most of the world practically begging to be included in the new system just to make it stop!! Anyone know more of this?

Do you have any podcasts of this or maybe a youtube of it? Would really like to hear that, i've honestly never listened to C2C.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well Obama certainly can't "win". A new general was picked to look over the operations in Afghanistan and people cry that we are getting more of the same old polices from the last administration. If Obama decides to talk or do anything less than getting a war started then he is going to be called weak.

It's quite the tough situation.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tompdx3

i've been saying that for a long while mate,

they are setting up the world,Iran,Israel,North Korea, Pakistan,Afghanistan,Iraq,Russia,Georgia

they set it up so they have different options to play out.

this North Korea Nuclear test is all about conditioning of the people, make the people want war, make them think we need war, its the "cause" that Obama said he would only send people to war under..

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I think this is a link to the discussion. I hope this works. Let me know!
www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Now that the USA is committed to talks only with those whom were formerly called terrorists, I thought the rest of the world was supposed to respect that we are heartily sorry for former harshness and will treat us kindly. There really should be no danger to anybody. The world has changed. We talk things over now instead of fight.If something isn't going well, obama takes it over and reconditions it. I'm sure this test is just left over some old plan where they didn't understand they have nothing to fear from us or indeed from anyone. Isn't obama about to start another world tour apologizing for World War II or something? that should catch everybody up to our fully chastened status and they can all cancel their plans for warlike actions. silly them, not to realize it's all different. we've got a black president who is a rock star and worshiped by the media. what more could anybody ask of a transformed world?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

didn't someone say once: "walk and talk softly, but carry a BIG stick!"

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tompdx3

yes they did say that, and it's always been the way of the world. but obama doesn't want to carry a stick of any size as far as i can tell and wants to talk not softly but a lot.

i hear rosy reports of how popular he is, what a great job he's doing, how inspiriting he is to not only americans but the entire world. none of it makes any sense to me any more. either the mainstream media is lying about it all or everything has changed completely. which is it?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

Well I am at the point of not trusting the MSM at all. Just with the way the blew the entire swine flu out of proportion just proves to me they are mouthpieces of the gov't. What else can I say we live in a fascist state.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

No one said we wanted a President who wouldn't fight. We just didn't want to fight meaningless wars, like the one in Iraq.

North Korea deserves a regime change and I stand behind that in totality. Give it to South Korea and get out.

Although, as I think about it... the only thing separating SK from China is NK. So level NK, give it to SK and put a DMZ between China and the new Korea.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Obama promised that the United States and the international community would strongly respond to the test.

So what do you suppose this means in reality/action?

maybe this?

deeper international isolation for the communist state.

So the world is going give NK the silent treatment?

Sounds like a strong response....

What do people really think should be done then? Anything? Sadam did not test fire a nuke and Iraq was invaded, this seems much worse and yet I don't hear any "force" type language. Not that I would condone that, just seems to make the Iraq thing less about crazy dictatorship and more about oil? geographic location? or maybe Archeological reasons for the far fetched.......... perhaps all of the above.

What does NK offer in return for invasion?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave

What does NK offer in return for invasion?

Probably a nuclear detonation slap bang over the american eigth army and 7th air force stationed in south korea.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Started a thread here: ATS Thread

As this one seemed to get a bit off topic.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
To be honest...
i think nothing to this how many countries have most likely tested nukes without anyone knowing mainly loads of countries specially america.
Well at least korea are telling people they tested the nuke.

this won't go know where the only concern i have atm is outer this planet everyday a hostil race could just wipe us out.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

North Korea provides us absolutely nothing. What resources do they have that would benefit us? none. They are a threat to SK and Japan but to the US there is no concern.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
the strong action this country will take is obama will make speeches about how the republicans ruined the country and he's trying to fix it all. we don't fight for no purpose or to any purpose. was there ever a defined mission for the new troops sent to afghanistan? what's the point of fighting. let them test all they want. let them do what they want. it's now all in the hands of somebody. don't know their names. whoever obama consults with. it's got nothing to do with the citizens of this country or probably north korea either. we're the audience. this is the latest reality show, except there is no audience vote. they could note down our reactions for laughs before changing them to fit their "vision". then they do or not do whtever and we watch. lots of talk. we have another thing to be scared about. maybe war. the only certainty is that it will cost money. a new emergency that requires funding. get out your checkbooks.

cynical? oh yes.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join