It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brighton pensioner slams "police state" after terror police tag car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Brighton pensioner slams "police state" after terror police tag car

www.theargus.co.uk

A pensioner and his daughter said they were victims of a “police state” after an anti-terror unit pulled over their car because it had been spotted at a political protest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

They had a marker placed against their car on the Police National Computer by Sussex Police after attending three anti-arms demonstrations against EDO MBM Technology in Moulsecoomb.

Months later an automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) camera in central London flagged them up as “of interest to public order unit Sussex”.

They were pulled over and searched by a police anti-terrorism unit - and threatened with arrest under the Terrorism Act if they did not explain where they were going. Neither had a criminal record.

... Mr Catt hit the headlines at Brighton's Labour Party Conference in 2005 when he was searched under the Terrorism Act on his way to campaign for the release of Guantanamo Bay prisoner Omar Deghayes.

He said: “That our participation in peaceful protest outside an arms factory led to our arbitrary stop-check for terrorist activities many miles away by another force is a very disturbing development of the 'police state'.”

Yet another sign that Big Brother is watching, and has you neatly categorized in a database. How long is it until everyone is assigned a "threat level"? Or has that already happened, and they're not telling us?

www.theargus.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
..Its pretty sad that im not surprised one bit by this,pretty soon before we know it this will just be the norm and the masses wont bat an eyelid. I want to know when will the public get some backbone in the UK, march a million man strong group down to westminster,grab every single MP by the scruff of the neck and kick them out the country via a boat in the pacific ocean and very heavy weights.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
We are living in a BB Britain now. As I said on another thread we are the most watched people in the world, more CCtV, one for every 12 people, bigger data bases, and less freedom of speech.

I learnt today that as a protester of the third runway at Heathrow my details will in all probability be handed over to the police by civil seervants who are composing dossiers on opponents of expansion.

Full story
comsecllc.blogspot.com...

I recomomend everyone to give family and friends who are complacent about this surveylance state we find ourselves in a copy of either '1984' or 'Brave New World'

new topics

top topics

join