It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investors in UAE and middle east rapidy selling properties and liquidating assets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Part 1:
I was reading this article, "Israel to ignite all-out regional war?," and couldn't help but notice one of the user added comments:

"Urgent Breaking News...There is a big news recently Investors and residents in the UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudia are selling off their properties and disposing investments very rapidly. Foreign workers are leaving the country fast. There is a an indication of a war coming. An American economist says the impact will be more on the Arab countries than Iran."

Now I'm wondering if this is true. I haven't seen any news stories on this, maybe some of you can help! Anyone know if there is any truth in this?

Part 2:
Assuming this is true, what a fantastic thing to know ahead of time, right? This section is all about the business minded, marketeers on ATS. What should we do with our money?!
I'm assuming gold will spike, and oil speculators will probably drive crude up. Will defense contractor go up in value? How bout all those oil wells in Iran -- somebody will need to maintain those, or possibly rebuild them.
Will a war move the overall markets down? I don't think so, because I don't think we're economically tied to Iran in any way other than sharing the oil market with them..

Anyone who knows anything in regards to parts 1 or 2, please share them

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
All the signs are pointing to war within the next two months.

Better brace yourselves, because this could be the big one

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm not thinking this will be the "Big One", coming ahead, I see *if I may play prophet * a small war breaking out similar to the one Russia did at the olympics, and then it'll quiet down then all hell breaks loose!

It is always alarming to see what the markets are doing, surprisingly there the starting indicators of whats going to happen, which is also pretty sad when you start to think about it.

Just like Pelosi and everyone elses stocks were in Oil right before it went sky high, then Rumselfd in Tamiflu along with other repubs and dems right before swine flu.

Now it's a huge sell off in the Middle East, i'm wondering with all the markets acting strange and in a downward trend if ours will skyrocket! I wouldn't be surprised, it's so rigged.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Remember, a few months ago, there was a series of articles in the MSM about how in Saudi Arabia women are mistreated, and about the injustice there... Well, if that is not preparation for a strong and negative opinion about a nation, I don't know...

Perhaps they need democracy to be brought to them?
And health care?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Put a large chunk of the $ that you want protected in silver....and I mean silver that you can hold in your hands...Silver has a much larger upside potential than gold right now...here's a prediction for you, and you can quote me on this...Silver will be at or near $100/oz. by December...the only downside is confiscation...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I am buying maybe 50 ounces a month. I sure hope I can get my income tax money back before this crap happens because I will buy 1000 ounces before the end of the year. Most people don't realize the potential of silver right now and have always considered it golds cheap cousin. Well I hate to inform those people but silver is rarer than gold right now and I mean extremely rare. The amount of gold in this country is way more than 10X the amount of silver if not 50X more. When the markets start to crash people with money in bonds are more than likely going to move their assets into gold and silver. Silver has a greater potential for growth and will surpass gold I believe. I wouldn't be surprised if it went up to 400 an ounce which I am rooting for. The nice thing is when hyper inflation sets in You could pay off all of Your debt with about 10k worth of silver which I am banking on.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Well if it is starting it is starting very quietly. Have checked my portfolio's and the markets over there aren't doing any sort of big dive's at the moment.
Will check around and see if anyone I know has heard anything but am pretty sure some people may be doing sell outs due to loan's being due. Things have been very hard over there since the price of oil dove.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't think silver is going to skyrocket in value any time soon :x.. especially not surpassing gold. Gold will always be more valuable than silver, because there's less of it, and we already have a 5000 year tradition (maybe more?) of using gold as a currency, which has survived even to this day. Silver is not recognized as reserve currency anywhere in the world (afaik), there's plenty of it, and the silver market has been cornered in the past:

Brothers Nelson Bunker Hunt and Herbert Hunt attempted to corner the world silver markets in the late 1970s and early 1980s, at one stage holding the rights to more than half of the world's deliverable silver.[1] During Hunt's accumulation of the precious metal silver prices rose from $11 an ounce in September 1979 to nearly $50 an ounce in January 1980.[2] Silver prices ultimately collapsed to below $11 an ounce two months later,[2] much of the fall on a single day now known as Silver Thursday

a 500% increase in 1 year is amazing, and yes you stand to make a fortune if all the currencies of the world fail and gold becomes the new standard, but I just don't see it coming. I just don't. It's not prudent to buy physical silver, because if you're wrong two things happen: 1 you need to find somebody who will take silver in exchange for paper money. 2 your wealth will most likely NOT grow in value, in fact I doubt it will even beat inflation. Whereas gold WILL beat inflation, at the very least.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I thought China backed the yuan with gold and silver? economics isn't my strong point so please be nice

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Here you go this should help you find some news. So far all I can see in any of it is the usual news that has been around since Oct of last year. You can go to this site and see allot of stories form the past week and all the way back to last year on financial happenings all over the world.

archive.gulfnews.com...

It is called Gulf news; they have financial news from all over the world

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
never heard anything about it. I will mail my friend working in UAE for confirmation. I will let you know as soon as I get reply from him. just in case you are correct star and flag. cheers

top topics

join