It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America protecting the world or are they elitist bullies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Depends on who you talk to

America in general isn't very well liked across the board for a host of reasons

But I'd rather have America as the superpower than China

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It's better to have America take charge be it the bully stigma attached to it, it could be worse if some one man dictator or extreamist super power had all the winning cards, otherwise the world would not be a pretty place.
What if Hitler took charge and the world let it, what if a facist super power without diplomatic and intolerant views was in charge? Would that not be even worse, and for such a person to do so is your nightmare, straight from the Bible, so as America is mainly Christian it give the world more hope than if it was not, America reaps what it sows.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

We will still be a global super power. Just not the sole super power. I've been seeing a lot of this lately. I'm not saying this is the case but it seems to me that many younger people simply don't realize that the US is not going to shrivel up and disappear. We are headed for a multi-polar world. Not one where the US solely calls the shots globally anymore.

In the past 200 or 300 years we always had multi-global powers. We are returning to such a situation is all. Most of the people born in the last 30 years are simply not old enough to remember the world as it was pre Soviet collapse. Back then we had two huge competing powers. The Earth was basically two large apposing armed camps.

That was actually a very scary time. We lived under the constant threat of the cold war going hot.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by lifecitizen

We will still be a global super power. Just not the sole super power. I've been seeing a lot of this lately. I'm not saying this is the case but it seems to me that many younger people simply don't realize that the US is not going to shrivel up and disappear. We are headed for a multi-polar world. Not one where the US solely calls the shots globally anymore.

In the past 200 or 300 years we always had multi-global powers. We are returning to such a situation is all. Most of the people born in the last 30 years are simply not old enough to remember the world as it was pre Soviet collapse. Back then we had two huge competing powers. The Earth was basically two large apposing armed camps.

That was actually a very scary time. We lived under the constant threat of the cold war going hot.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

Seeing a lot of what Slayer?

And did you just call me young?- I love you
and not even for a second would I think the US would disappear, and I wouldnt want you to!- there's alot America can be proud of

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
A bit of both methinks.

The world would be a much worse place without US presence on the world stage.
Yes, they are big, bungling oafs and have a serial ignorance of the concepts 'discretion' and 'diplomacy'.
But just where would we be without them?
Think long and hard.
I know the whole Iraq debacle was a disgrace and individuals, not just from the US but the UK as well, should be held accountable.
But should we have continued allowing Saddam brutalise his people?

The US tries to uphold cetain values on the world stage, unfortunately it is driven by the mineral wealth and strategic position of the nations involved thus lacks consistency.
It allows Sudan and Mugabe to go relatively unpunished and unchecked yet takes action against Iraq?

Yet I ask again, what would China and Russia do in these places if the US were not active?

It is no easy question and anyone who thinks it is black and white is either very simplistic or just very naive.
They are far from perfect but on the whole, I think we would be in an even #tier position without them.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Without America I think there would be no Europe and no Israel. Why should we care about Israel? Because of historical and religious rights for the rest of the world otherwise it’s just another Mecca where infidels cannot trespass. Israel has allowed ancient secrets to be found and confirm further what was Biblically recorded as in places and people where under Sharia Law no one would have known, in fact it would have been destroyed.

Without America Europe in this century alone would probably have been invaded anyway with America, but there is a new stealth strategy threat that wants to destroy European freedoms by increasing Muslim populations who will slowly corrode the Constitutions and call democracy Satanic while their own laws imprison people with little rights if it ever takes hold, but slowly Sharia Laws and freedom of expression is being challenged without a fight mainly because of the White guilt where the race card can be used. But I hope America stays American otherwise the world can wave good bye to freedoms and expression, unless of course it has been infiltrated from within, we will see how Obama plays it out, with the Bush family it was the better the Devil you know, but not so sure we know too much where Obama is heading.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join