It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America protecting the world or are they elitist bullies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
For some America brings peace to a lot of countries and in a way helps stablise the world, depending on which side of the fence you see it from.

Is America the Big Bully, or the bringer of Peace to the world? Are they the protectors of freedom or the stirrer of the hornets nest? Should they stay out of trouble or should they let nations sort each other out even if its genocide? let evolution takes it's place, or let barbarian minded people ruin a half decent planet?

I won't go into the mistakes America has made through history, I won't go into how much money they have given to coutries either along with inventions and medicine and progress. I let you people fight it out, but I am getting the sense people have become very anti-American and anti-Christian on this site but then again anti-Islamic too.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Bringer of peace to the world?

In fairness, after the US tipping the balance for the Allies in WW2 and halting the imminent spread of communism that was about to fill the power vacuum in Europe.. which in my opinion was the US's biggest selfless act.. (Even though as an economy it profited MASSIVELY from ww2 while corporations also exploded in size).

Since then, all the wars fought have been shown to be pushed by the fact that such a large amount of the US economy is based on all things military and development.. this doesn't make you as a nation any better than any of the other countries that had previously fought wars for their own gains.. No matter how much your propaganda told you to the contrary.

Its obvious that the new wars in the Middle east have been caused by the US and are being fought for control of resources and the keeping of an empire. This makes it a bully.

The US is not policing the world.. it has a lot of influence.. but it has lost the vast majority of its influence tbh.. The EU is a trading partner and ally with no interest in war, China is an emerging contender, so is India.. the US has little influence in South America, Australia is an ally, so is Japan.. Africa is a wasteland so there is only one place left where the US can push its weight around - ie the middle east.. and thats an illegal invasion IMO.

Also, have you ever stopped to think that "Policing the world" is propaganda in order for you to support your country invading other nations and basically doing whatever it wants in poorer countries? Its pretty obvious to me that it is.

Dont get me wrong about all i have written above.. its your governments foreign policy and actions i dislike.. not you or your country.. Hopefully you can understand that.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This is a very good, very important question.

On the one hand, what right does America have to go into countries on the other side of the world, guns blazing?? none at all, probably.

But do we want them to do so?? Perhaps... if noone else is willing to do it.

Look at this lunatic in North Korea, with his goddamn nukes. We'd probably all be better off if the despotic regime out there had been taken down by force-- not least his own people.

Then there's Iraq, where the question hinges on whether or not the intelligence forces genuinely believed that Saddam had or was well on the road to acquiring WMD's. And it's difficult for us to know the answer to that question.

I myself and millions like me like to take the high ground on occasion against the Yanks' foreign policy in recent years, but perhaps the world would be a far less stable place if US foreign policy hadn't been so aggressive over the years.

In short.. I'm pretty much on the fence.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
While your question is very relevant and has a very disconcerting answer, I would think that it is apparent, what the USA's motivations are.
The USA is protecting it's own ass.

The problem is once again "apathy".
We watch event unfold right before our very eyes.
The world is broadcast in graphic, brutal detail and we think of it as mere entertainment.

When the human race goes to hell, everyone will be scrambling like a bunch of looters in a store front window, wondering how the hell this all happened.
It all happened as we watched it on TV, as we posted on blogs, as we payed our taxes.

So if no one is willing to do anything about it, it becomes immaterial if the USA's intentions are elitist or else.

[edit on 25/5/2009 by reticledc]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't see America going to some African countries in full force trying to stop the genocides in any case in the same light as they are trying to rebuild Iraq. No wonder the world knows that their game is to benefit in the long term. Afghanistan would have been understandable since Bin Laden is in the hideout there and the rest of the extreamists. At one time did not America supply the weapons to the Taliban to fight off the Russian's and did not America supply Iraq to to fight off Iran in the 80s and now it's all come back onto America? Maybe my facts need brushing on this subject but I heard something like this anyway, I know the CIA helped Iraq with satellite information on their enemies.

Iran and Iraq have not been best of neighbours either it seems over the years, I guess the Bush administation has had some paranoia about them since they had 25 years to back log their knowledge.

February 1984: Iraq Threatens Iran With ‘Annihilation’ An Iraqi military spokesman warns Iran, “The invaders should know that for every harmful insect, there is an insecticide capable of annihilating it… and Iraq possesses this annihilation insecticide.”
Text

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I know my country started out as an elitist bully by killing off the natives while stealing their property and importing slaves. On the plus side they didn't eat them for dinner. My question would be, did America ever stop being an elitist bully nation?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't think America is an elitist bully i think the American government is just behaving like any dominate super power throughout history has. Are foreign policy is about control and keeping things the same the guys at the bottom stay at the bottom the guys at the top stay at the top. Are ultimate goal is to stay at the top thats why we continue to fight wars that to most seem pointless were really trying to protect are spot as top dog.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
America has changed for the better has it not, its a democracy it has learned to be at peace with its own diversity and maybe it has taken many years and stages before it has got to where it is now. Like most western countries, they have developed and they no longer have to live in the mud or amoungst wild animals, their own danger is other humans we have come out of the jungle scene we have street lights at night.

The only danger in the West is transporting its own technology to countries who could use it against them, and sometimes a hyprocracy can form out of it by doing so. Sometimes the fear of advanced technology amoungst the less developed societies, ones that do not tollerate diversity and hate their neighbours or have some grudge are in danger of obtaining weapons that can be used in the sense without provocation. I understand America is keepig the peace, so they say but at the same time are they using their muscle to cover their tracks in the same light?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What I see is the US getting roped into one thing or another ("America, do something!!"), and when we do, the world has a hissy fit and complains, ("Why are you sticking your nose in there? Get out!!")

Can't win for losing.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Communism filled no gap,there was no communism.. just a big, evil and fascist man called Stalin..

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The USA is the unwanted, meddling in-law of the nation. Honestly, is it any suprise that so many countries are disgusted with us? We go overseas to (what are considered to be) the 'lesser' countries that 'need' us. We impose our politics, will and religion. We would never, ever tolerate that if the situation were reversed. Now don't get me wrong. I believe the US does a great deal of good but at what price? Do we give aid to countries without our military presence being part of the deal? Nope. Excuse the silly metaphor, but this country has it's grimy hand in way too many cookie jars. ~Just my opion, another perspective.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I believe you guys are forgetting the fact that every country we go into gets Americanized.

AKA all of our companies go over there and make a TON of money.

It's all about money guys, we arnt trying to protect the world. We are trying to make the big bucks.

Now, do understand that it isnt the Average American Citizen who is profiting from this. It is the CEO, sitting in his high bay leather chair, petting his evil cat and laughing at our stupidity.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

I don't see America going to some African countries in full force trying to stop the genocides in any case in the same light as they are trying to rebuild Iraq.

Bingo! You win a prize.

We can't talk about that though...we are trying to save the Iraqi's and the rest of the region from those who want to kill innocents...by doing it ourselves with drones!!!

What happened to the anti-war movement?!?!?!?

It's gone...nowhere to be found in the media...no Congressman says a word about it either...except...GASP...Ron Paul.

One word.

Halliburton.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Just like to say your Avatar is pretty freaky

Again even though America is seen as hypocrites think about this, why is not Iran trying to help out Uganda and Somalia out? They would not say no either to mass genocide unless it had nothing to do with Islam. They won't say no don’t do it to another country if it was not taken over by Muslim extremists, they don't exactly send their armies in to stop them, including the Swat Valley in Pakistan; they let it happen because they want Muslim dominance and the more countries that assimilate at whatever cost under Islam the better for the Islamic movement. No one complains in Muslim countries of the amount of Churches they burn the amount of Christians forced out and the Buddhists killed by Muslims for their differences. Where does Iran say stop to them? They don’t and at the same time it’s our fault for letting it happen and watching it. I know America works on two fronts; one is go in if we get something back for it otherwise it would be pointless. A bit like pearl harbour, America let the war go on maybe they could have stopped it before but were uninterested until they got hit too. I don't see Iran going to Africa either trying to defend another country they just want Israel under Islam again that is the priority, they don't even care about other countries being islamised.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Dermo

Communism filled no gap,there was no communism.. just a big, evil and fascist man called Stalin..

Lol - I never said it did..?

Second line..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If my theories sound wrong about Iran or I missed something on the news please say.

So is America two faced or misunderstood? Do they have too many bases around sensative areas of the world or are they there for peace? Maybe if the American government stopped the Bush influence and the Clintons and all these other connection bloodlines, they do say that Obama is related down the line somewhere. Maybe the Americans can trust them selves a bit more, then again who would let unknowns run the country is that not just as bad?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

It seems you are correct and i need to brush up on my reading skills,apologies for talking nonsense.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think this is what people really think please watch the video.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Think how many billions of Dollars America is given Palistine and Pakistan, are they not doing a good diplomatic thing in helping the needy?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We have been both.

When we move in our own interests it's bullying. All powers throughout history have done this. Whats different about the US is that in fact we have also done selfless acts. WWI-WWII Mostly before we got tangled up on a regular bases in others

"Civil Wars"

Korea
Vietnam
Afghanistan
Iraq

Afghanistan: Is the US positioning itself to have a strong influence in a power play over the rich resources of Central Asia.

Iraq: Is in the middle of a civil war. yes I said civil war, between the Shia and Sunni they have been at it for over a thousand years. The only reason Saddam was able to keep the peace was becuase of the use of extreme brutality. Now that he is gone it's all back in full swing. Go back over the past year and half to two years. Read the headlines most of the action and violence is Iraqi on Iraqi.

The US military doesn't just bomb people. We also supply humanitarian aid during crises.

Iraq bombings kill at least 60

Baghdad -- A series of bombings early Monday near the northern city of Mosul and in Baghdad killed at least 60 people and wounded dozens more, police said.

The worst attack was in the village of Khazna that is home to members of Iraq's tiny Shabak minority, where two large truck bombs exploded at around 5 am, killing 35 people, injuring 130 and destroying 32 houses, according to figures from one hospital. The death toll was expected to rise as numbers come in from two other hospitals.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join