It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traces of Cocaine found in Red Bull!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This sounds like a very clever marketing ploy to me.

Just the hint of being able to get that extra "tweek" from an over the counter beverage is enough to drive off some of the competition.

Sounds like the marketing people at Red Bull know their demographic.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Good theory. Any news is good news and when your marketing your drink to 16 thru 30 year olds any edge will help.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
remove post please

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Fremd]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

If so, they're not the first to think of it.

Cocaine Energy Drink

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I used to drink Red Bull, dropped it since it tasted like crap and didn't do much for me.

Personally, I really dislike it since Taurine can act as a sedative, and I don't believe mixing a sedative and a stimulant is a good idea

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

For the record...you never mentioned the roast of coffee.
The longer the roast the less caffeine.
What roast are you reffering to...some coffee has alot of it and some have less.
Depends on the roast.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Gives a new meaning i guess when the advert says "Red Bull Gives You Wings!"

i would bet though, that if water, and other drinks, and various food, was tested, they would find alot of stuff that would freak us out.

The only thing that usually hits the headlines with this kind of thing, is for a specific purpose, a reason, either to get us to buy a product (marketing) or to stop us buying a product, both are manipulated by people/companies/governments with an ulterior motive.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Denied]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Denied]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
my last post was a reply to a post that i read the wrong way.

Please delete both, my argument was actually moot....the other guy said it the right way the first time

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Fremd]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I drink the stuff all the time, and get drug tested at work all the time, and have never came up positive for coc aine.....makes me go hmmmmmmm though. Maybe now I can start doing coke and just say that I drink a lot of Red Bull.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
ha ha! I knew it!

Hey,

"Kokain billig für alle in Deutschland!
"

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
I drink the stuff all the time, and get drug tested at work all the time, and have never came up positive for coc aine.....makes me go hmmmmmmm though. Maybe now I can start doing coke and just say that I drink a lot of Red Bull.

lol that actually brings up an interesting point.

If one were able to give some sort of credibility to this story - then we could further prove incompetence on the part of drug testing companies (poppy seeds anyone?)

Though, on a second note, they have found small amounts of fecal matter in the ice machine at restaurants too....does that mean we're all consuming poop?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

I definately agree that does.
What if its synthetic tho...if they can make methadone which is (excuse my ignorance) a small form of heroin and they can make morphine then why can they not make a synthetic form of this and throw it in a drink??
I have had a few experiences in my time (read between the lines because I can't admit it on this site) and after the drink I had I really felt like an experience I have had before.
I drank a red bull and an amp drink...the performance enhancing one.

What do you think?

Sorry mods if I crossed a line.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Red Bull has always had a coc aine - like after taste. My friends noticed it when it first came out years ago! The taste is very noticeable if you've had any experience with the substance.

It seems you can test anything nowdays and you'll find drugs:

Drugs found in drinking water

Cocaine and '___' found in air of Spanish citys

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I read in the news some time ago some man died of heart problems he suffered because he drank like 5 or 6 a day or something ridiculous like that.

I am partial to the Monster coffee drinks and the Monster lo carb. There is a warning on the label not to consume more than three a day. Now Monster has alot of B vitamins and less caffiens than coffee, but there is the taurine and other stuff as well. Sorry I don't have one here, or I'd go look.

But yes, anyone sensitive to caffiene can have an adverse reaction to Red Bull or any other energy drink.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
For everyone's edification, this article is referring to Red Bull COLA. It's a drink manufactured using the Red Bull name, only in a Cola-type drink... But it's not even manufactured by the actual Red Bull company. Apparently it's only manufactured in Austria, although idk anything about where it gets shipped/exported to.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Bear in mind this story is from the Daily Mail, so it is highly likely certain, important facts are omitted or briefly mentioned and the sensational angle is pumped up beyond belief.

It's what the Mail does....

SO TRUE!

But this story is now all over the MSM websites.

MSNBC - Red Bull pulled in Germany after coc aine test

Fox News - Red Bull Faces German Ban Following Positive Cocaine Test

Just to name a couple.. I didn't see it up on CNN yet.

I'm now wondering if German "Red Bull Cola"is made in Germany or not. When I was in the Air Force I was stationed in South Korea for a while and they made all their own soft drinks over there. Actually, all the soda pops in South korea all come in a can about the size of a Red Bull. I've never been stationed in Germany, though. So I'm not sure if they make their own drinks or not. Most European and Asian countries make their own soft drinks and energy drinks as far as I know.

Maybe this is just some freak incident.
I only say that because how do we know how much the "coc aine testing" varies from the U.S. to Germany? For all we know the German test is too sensitive, therefore, it detects the coca leaf extracts used as flavoring in the drink when there really isn't coc aine to be found. You also have to wonder if this is some kind of media attack on Red Bull itself. What has Red Bull done to piss off Germany lately? Who knows!

EDIT TO ADD:
If "Red Bull Cola" is only manufactured in Austria, maybe its actually Austria trying to deliberately sabotage the Red Bull corporation. Just a thought.

This could also just be a simple matter of Austrian beverage-making techniques gone awry. Maybe this "Coca leaf extract" just wasn't made right. That's something else to consider.

As far as Red Bull taking responsibility, they aren't really doing so. All the news stories say Red Bull (the company) has tested the drinks, themselves, and haven't found anything unsafe. At least that's what they claim. This could have any number of causes. It could also just be a false positive created by the ingredients in the cola as I previously stated. And that, too, could have any number of causes.

-ChriS

[edit on 26-5-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
54321 ATS deletes another drug related thread....

second line.... stroke out dssssssssssssssssssssssssscweassd

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Yep. You'll suddenly see a bunch of high schoolers and college kids sucking the stuff down. Probably middle schoolers will get as kick out of being seen with the 'coc aine drink'.

Sales go up. Good marketing.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well as a poster above me stated.....It's not even about the actual Red Bull energy drink. Its about some Red Bull cola that is made only in Sweden.

Again...it is NOT about the Red Bull energy drink.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006

Is this why this drink is so addictive? No wonder school kids love this stuff. Anybody have bad experiences with this drink? Any heart attacks associated with it?
Back in December, after a year or so of having 4 cans a day, I had very dry lips. Every time i so much as smiled my lips would bleed. Someone at work told me that it might be the red bull. So i've stopped drinking so much of it. My lips are now fine (after 4 months of pure pain) I only drink it when I have a double Jack Daniels with it. And that's getting less and less (had 2 today at lunch, so it's not gone down that much)

But yes, it's horrible stuff, wish it'd never heard of it. God knows what it's done to my insides

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join