It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traces of Cocaine found in Red Bull!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Traces of Cocaine found in Red Bull!!

www.dailymail.co.uk

Germany is considering a nationwide ban on the high-energy drink Red Bull Cola after traces of coc aine were found in it.

Authorities in the states of Hesse and North-Rhine Westphalia have ordered retailers to stop selling the beverage - which is available in the UK.

The consumer ministries in the two states confirmed they had ordered retailers to pull the drink off their shelves after a food safety institute in North-Rhine Westphalia found the drug in samples.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Is this why this drink is so addictive? No wonder school kids love this stuff. Anybody have bad experiences with this drink? Any heart attacks associated with it?
I wonder how the FDA will treat this. Or are the Germans blowing this out of proportion and this really isnt technically coke but an ingredient similair to it.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
im going to start dricking that stuff lol alway wanted to try the old style cokeacola with the Cocaine kick ,but i was to young thay changed it b4 my time

[edit on 25-5-2009 by candy coated clown]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

Well if you read the article it says:

Authorities said the coc aine levels do not pose a health threat but are not permitted in foodstuffs.

The investigation found the drink to contain a de-cocainized extract of coca leaf in the drink.

That means the drink cannot be classified as a foodstuff but as a narcotic and needs a special licence, authorities said.

So it seems as if it is probably not really dangerous, and not exactly coc aine. However, I have no idea if it is still addictive in whatever form it was in.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by candy coated clown

It used decocainized leaves in coca cola.You can also buy real coca leaf tea legally,very good for you and a slight stimulant.As for this,obviosuly it wasn't intentional.I wonder how it got in there though? was it only a certain batch?

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I never touched the stuff, but I wonder if it is like coca-cola. I believe that coca-cola removes the active ingredient from coca leaves and uses the spent leaves. for flavoring Is it true? I don't know. Wikipedia says so, but that don't mean squat. Now if it is true, I have one question. Does red bull include spent coca leaves, and if so, would this show up as coc aine on a test?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
at least now i know why it's so expensive.

Is this why this drink is so addictive? No wonder school kids love this stuff.

yeah, cause it's nothing to do with all the caffeine and sugar in it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Bear in mind this story is from the Daily Mail, so it is highly likely certain, important facts are omitted or briefly mentioned and the sensational angle is pumped up beyond belief.

It's what the Mail does....

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
A gram on the street can fetch anywhere between 40-80$.

If we consider even 1 point of a gram, for $0.40-0.80, which likely wouldn't even have an effect on a person, especially taken internally... it seems like a silly plan.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Just wait........give it a few months and we'll see "*NEW*, best ever Red Bull"

They'll find a way round this with a completely synthetic chemical substitute for the cola leaf extract.

Wouldn't touch the muck anyway.

Gimme plain juice and water anyday. (and red wine
)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006
Anybody have bad experiences with this drink?

There was a young guy who was apparently by all accounts a sensible and responsible driver who downed something like 4 red bulls, drove like a maniac rolled his car and died... There was some debate over weather too much caffeine and the other stuff should be regarded in the same light as drinking alcohol and driving... Although I have no idea how they would do that - plenty of people drink coffee to stimulate them selves.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Be careful of the drug talk guys, it isnt permitted beyond a certain point.

I do find this interesting though, as to the point of: What is in the crud we eat?

Does show you that there is more stuff in our food/drink than they advertise.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
At least it has what it says on the tin lol

** Going to buy the shop out of coke. lol jk

[edit on 25/5/2009 by theflashor]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
No bad experiences from Red Bull . . . but I have not consumed the stuff in ages. The taste got to me.

I did have a bad experience with caffeine pills once. Never taken those again.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Be careful of the drug talk guys, it isnt permitted beyond a certain point.

I do find this interesting though, as to the point of: What is in the crud we eat?

Does show you that there is more stuff in our food/drink than they advertise.

Well If you live in the US you will probably find 1ppm melamine in your milk. Despite the fact it kills people and it doesnt occur naturally in milk the FDA jumped in and set an acceptable limit.

Perhaps Red Bull will now start getting the all to familiar warning.

WARNING: contains chemicals known in the state of California to screw up drug test results

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have recently tried a red bull and I actually think there is some kind of synthetic form of it in there.
I had the suspition last week and now see this thread.
Sorry brain fart keeps me from knowing how to spell that word right now.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This explains a lot.

Red Bull and vodka really burns my nose when I snort it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Red Bull and Jagermeister is better . . . for drinking, not snorting lol

[edit on 25/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Not really suprised, I love redbull but I had to stop drinking it because it gave me massive heart palpitations. Thought I was having a heart attack on several occations, and I probably was.
Stopped drinking redbull and the palps stopped. Like i said, Love it, but its evil....

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just a fun fact for everyone, there is not a lot of caffeine in red bull. It takes three and a half red bulls to get the same amount of caffeine as 16 ounces of coffee.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join