It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threats to Judges, Prosecutors Soaring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Threats to Judges, Prosecutors Soaring

www.washingtonpost.com

Threats against the nation's judges and prosecutors have sharply increased, prompting hundreds to get 24-hour protection from armed U.S. marshals. Many federal judges are altering their routes to work, installing security systems at home, shielding their addresses by paying bills at the courthouse or refraining from registering to vote. Some even pack weapons on the bench.

The problem has become so pronounced that a high-tech "threat management" center recently opened in Crystal City, where a staff of about 25 marshals and analysts monitor a 24-hour number for reporting threats, use sop
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I wonder how much of these "threats" are an actuality, and how much of this has to do with the increasing police state, 'incarcerate-for-anything' garbage we have been seeing in recent times? And I also wonder what is constituting as a "threat" here? People speaking out against the heavy-handedness that is becoming increasingly popular in the states?

I'm sure I will take some heat for this, but maybe if we stop our PRISON-STATE, incarcerate-everybody nonsense, then maybe we wouldn't have so many people becoming angry and railing against the system?

Discuss...

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
These threats and problems will only continue to grow as more and more laws aimed at stripping away personal liberty and freedoms are written and enforced. Combined with the radical leftist agendas currently being pushed in the USA it should come as no surprise.

Judges are going to be rendering more and more controversial decisions which will set precedence and have grave consequences as well as providing unique constitutional challenges.

We are going to see changes in the supreme court that could provide the current presidential administration with power over the judicial branch of our nation so yes, things will get a bit more dangerous for judges and prosecutors moving forward, especially as radical agendas are passed and new laws are written.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If you do not like the laws, you should not blame the judges. You should be upset with legislators and other politicians who created draconion laws like imposing stiff prison sentences for minor drug offenses.

I know some of you are going to ask, "but what about the 'activist' judges?" The activist judges are on the appellate level. They are not the ones on the trial court level who impose sentences, conduct trials, and instruct juries. Furthermore, legislators are free to overrule "activist judges" and often do.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I can't say I feel sorry for them. I don't buy into judges passing the blame onto legislators either. It is the judicial branches job to be a check and balance onto the legislators and the executive branch which they are utterly failing at. You lock non violent people away who have never hurt anyone, or rule to take away people's property on nonsense charges, then you get whats coming to you. Just look at some you tube video of court recordings if you need proof at how corrupt the courts have become, they are only about making money. Or google judges taking bribes and look at the hundreds of news articles.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by miraclerock]

MBF

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I talked to a judge that I know last week. The first thing that he started talking about is how much money could be made by writing more tickets on the interstate. I told him about a ticket that I got, I told him that the cop lied. He told me that he knew that some did because he had just had a case where one had. He told me that I could always ask for a hearing to get it overturned. I told him that I would be tied up at the courthouse all day then I would have to go back for the hearing. That would kill two days and would be cheaper just to pay the ticket. It is wrong to write tickets to people that don't deserve them. They have just passed a law here where you get another $200 fine added to the ticket that you get. A couple of weeks ago a man was murdered near where I live, the one thing that I have heard the most is the cops were too busy writing tickets on the interstate. That mans life was worth way more than all the tickets written that day. They are more interested in seeing who can write the most tickets than protecting the people.

top topics

join