It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This planet needs depopulation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Great, another depopulation thread. It is actually possible to sustain another six billion, there is lots of space out there, and I don't mean cutting down more trees to do it! It's as another poster as said it, there is so much waste in this world that everything has become a cluttered nightmare and there is a lack of education and awareness in the world right now. So much space is being used for yet another walmart, or another mini mall with the same 5 stores everywhere! Just driving by a few towns outside where I live, I noticed a lot of vacant lots out there that could easily build a small community, but yet they just sit there with that big abandoned building that was some mega grocery store once many years ago, and the grass is beginning to win it's battle against the pavement. Depopulation is not yet the answer, being smart about our world is what the answer is.

It appears if everyone has the same idea and that what we all should really be working on is efficientcy, in which I whole heartedly agree.

Edit to add: And apparently i should work on my grammar

[edit on 25-5-2009 by rjmelter]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Here is a great video for all you depopulation believers...

www.disclose.tv...

This video pretty much sums it up

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Earth is not as fragile as a lot of you tree-huggers think. She is instead much more powerful than you can imagine. If there are too many of us, through disease, famine, disaster, Earth will simply shake us off....

Like a dog shakes off fleas!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Perhaps we should depopulate those who started this entire notion of us human beings being a cancer to the earth. Humanity is suppressed, and until we rid ourselves from these so-called 'suppressors' we won't reach our highest potential.

We as a species can do more good then harm if we worked in unison and weren't constantly manipulated.

Think outside the box and don't limit life by natural resources on earth. If we had the potential of thermoforming other planets, our numbers in essence would be limitless.

[edit on 5/26/2009 by Beast4rmDaEast]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
People who think like this should start with themselves. I also think that they have never been to new mexico

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
People can bitch about it all they want but…
See, it’s not just a problem of practicality, it’s a philosophical problem.
In reality it’s a self-resolving problem cause there is a little thing call "banality"
When life becomes cheap, it loses its value, but only to the low-level minds of the breeding cattle (feeding the problem in the first place).

Personally, I think life is and should always be precious, but you know, multiplicity has this disadvantage of making something appear “less” special.

You know that “fading in the crowd feeling”!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I don't blame you for feeling the way you do but I feel you are missing obvious facts and rather are a victim of misinformation and propaganda. Your assumption is that we humans are nothing more then a virus that sucks the life out the host. I personally hold higher ideals and the fact you do not have a higher self esteem of your race, to nothing more then a virus is at least, disturbing.

From a sheer land standpoint did you you the current population of the world could fit in state of Texas and each family would still have a acre of land? Also global warming is indeed happening but there is a mountain of evidence that perhaps the increase of temperature is not significantly cause by man but rather by the sun.

With that said I'm not ill rational, I do not believe in dumping into local water supplies and reckless pollution into national habitat. I know this next line may be hard for you to accept, I'm a nature lover. I hike, I camp, I even own a hybrid car.

So depopulation I don't agree with, I believe you are a tool for those with a completely different agenda. Please look into other possibilities before you blindly accept what your teacher tells you in school, what you hear in the news. If you are a researcher then you have failed natural principals to cross check your facts.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by oconnection]

[edit on 26-5-2009 by oconnection]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Solar panels, wind turbines, tidal/current turbines, decent looking electric cars lol, superconductive power grid, superconductive "railways" (maglev), quality education, free range animal husbandry, full transfer of monetary capital from wars abroad to national defense and space exploration, colonization, resource extraction. Hell, even some fission plants, and I hear fusion is well on it's way? Not to mention other future techs, but I'm sure this list could go on and on.

There, you know what to do, or at least to start. You who are so worried about this place's population "problems", go fix them. Leave my nuts outta this, please.

All of these issues can be solved, easily, by reducing the population by .0000002% of this planet. I'm not one of them, nor do I believe this to be the way it ought to be. Thanks and you're welcome.

No life, given they are somewhat mentally stable, wants itself nor it's own species to die off. For one, we are built to live (weird how those guys called it life, huh?). Second, a species with one member always goes extinct, well sexually reproducing species anyway. Your DNA tells you this, trust me. You don't even need to meditate to hear it.

Any way you look at it, though, this planet is toast (literally) in 4 (or 400? I just saw that badass astronomer on the History channel say this the other day, sigh) billion years down the line. He tells me not to worry about that though, we much more likely to get meteored or cometed before then. Pretty sure, though, that those who - unlike most of us planet-, animal-, all life-respecting individuals around here - are the .0000002% mentioned above, creating this "problem", are the ones who will bring an end to the species, should it happen.

Oh, I hear Canada has A LOT of uninhabited land, as well as South America, Africa, the rest of North Amrica, Asia, Europe... did I miss anywhere? Oh ya, pretty sure with a little use of that thing in yer heads, we can figure out how to make antartica hospitable. Don't take my word for it, look a map.

By the way, if you try to lay a finger on my child without her consent... I'll kill you. She's, along with those children whose parents weren't quite as sterile as some kid's (oh wait, hah), worth more than any of us "intelligent, mature" people out here.

Don't be retarded folks, life is the only provable potential infinite state in our universe, or is it a multiverse these days? So exciting how we keep finding out new stuff about this existence. Isn't it? It's almost as if we are just children learning to play with a buncha new toys we made out of sticks, stones, water, some scrap metal, and a little imagination.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by shanerz]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

A population problem has never existed and is nothing more than an excuse to commit horrible inhumane acts.

It is a LIE.

You can comfortably house the entire population of the world in the state of Texas.

Free energy that will help feed and clothe the entire world is the only solution to all of our world problems period and is intentionally being held back from release.

Those who wish to de-populate the world have one agenda in mind and that is to have less people around so they are easier to take over and control for their own selfish agendas.

That is all.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

This planet needs depopulation.

There are getting (to be) too many humans.

You've obviously never been to North Dakota

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Before I even venture into the comments in this thread, I say well put. Despite the arrogance that humans call intelligence, I say we in general are a cancer to this planet.

No I will not kill myself to justify my stance, before any miscreants start with their wonderful logic. Nor will I say anyone else do the same.

To see and know the problem does NOT require an act to defy it. But nontheless I believe it to be true.

S&F for you sir.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Then we must change. And we can no longer afford to wait. The more this thinking grows, however slowly it may be, the bigger an impulse it is that this race is not healthy. There is, at times, extreme sadness felt that we have begun to feel this way about ourselves...

All I know is that love beyond words will get us through anything and everything.

Be In Peace.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
If your really serious about population control, I suggest YOU lead the way you should kill yourself and take a lead. Or maybe you'd like to start this in poor countries. Maybe those ones in Africa you see on cnn occaisionaly .

This is the exact sort of bull trhat fuels ignorance.

Exactly why OPINIONS are culled at the brain stem.

Arrogant polluted ignorance.

Psst.. Be it on YOUR head who dies from your words. Idiocy.. Jesus...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
What about space?

We look at 7 billion people and think.....

"We're running out of room!!"

You humans are running out of room in your cities...... Take a drive across the United States' Southwest and look at the vast tracts of unused land. Literally millions of square acreage right there in the US that is unused. That's nothing compared to some of the other areas on Earth that are not being used by humans.

So instead of killing people off or stopping reproduction, why don't we expand past these nuclei we've built for ourselves and start utilizing more of the Earth?

But wait.....

That would go against the whole "destroying the environment" mentality.

Alright. I can see the argument there. Point taken.

So.

Let's stop focusing on killing people over primitive ideals such as "religion" and "wealth" and start focusing our efforts into colonizing Mars. It's really not that far out of our grasp. We're just too shortsighted at this point in history to see it.

You will wake up soon though.

Forget depopulation.

Focus on expansion.

Into space.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
These facts are unequivocal.

The Earth and its resources are FINITE.

Human growth potential is INFINITE.

With optimal efficiency we only postpone the inevitable.

If we do nothing to stabilize population, either now or in
the future, we have two choices:

1. Colonize Space
~or~
2. Die in our own waste.

Having stated the ugly truth, I want to say that I believe every
woman and every man have an undeniable right to sire a child
if they so choose.

I see a day coming when each person will be given one chance
at procreation, either male or female. After that you get the *snip*
or the *tie*.

The question is, do we deal with it now, or do we shirk the
responsibility and pass the problem down onto the shoulders of
our children.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Earth is not as fragile as a lot of you tree-huggers think. She is instead much more powerful than you can imagine. If there are too many of us, through disease, famine, disaster, Earth will simply shake us off....

Like a dog shakes off fleas!

That’s exactly right, we could never hurt this planet only our selves. Nature finds a balance, so depopulation is not something we need to be concerned with. If we grow beyond our means then the population will drop until it reaches a balance. The human experience will be a very short lived affair, so it’s best to live while the living is good.

Depopulation is a homicidal maniacs dream.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

If there will be less humans on this planet, the human life, nature, animals and environment will be valued greatly. There will be whole new kind of respect of treating things, nature and each other.

But today, the human life, nature, animals and environment are being p*ssed on.

Well, your proposal has an insurmountable problem. Look back through history to when Earth's population was in the millions. Let's go all the way back a couple thousand years or so.

Though there were only a few million people...there were still wars, rape, disrespect, crime, pollution, Statist authoritarianism, slavery, etc.

Oops!

Back to the drawing board.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
dont you guys use google earth,checkout all the empty land every,if we were spread out over the planet i dont think you would see anyone close by to you.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
1. Colonize Space

This is our future. And this is why there are trillions of empty Earth-like planets filling the universe.

They belong to us.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
These facts are unequivocal.

The Earth and its resources are FINITE.

Human growth potential is INFINITE.

With optimal efficiency we only postpone the inevitable.

If we do nothing to stabilize population, either now or in
the future, we have two choices:

1. Colonize Space
~or~
2. Die in our own waste.

Having stated the ugly truth, I want to say that I believe every
woman and every man have an undeniable right to sire a child
if they so choose.

I see a day coming when each person will be given one chance
at procreation, either male or female. After that you get the *snip*
or the *tie*.

The question is, do we deal with it now, or do we shirk the
responsibility and pass the problem down onto the shoulders of
our children.

Necessity is the mother of all invention. Don’t underestimate the human animals ability to adapt and survive. Mass murder is no kind of answer friend. Even if we did kill ourselves off, the earth would make use of our waste for new life etc. All things here are made new again with time.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join