It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This planet needs depopulation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Originally posted by SGTChas
All those in favor of depopulating the planet: You First!

Yes indeed. I'm among the first who did it. I'm voluntarily sterilized. Now, you turn.

Many men and women on this planet are brainwashed to believe that "they have to breed" and that "their biological watch is ticking". Nothing can be more far from the truth. Humans are not animals - we don't have to breed.

We need to have our minds to control our bodies - not our bodies to control our minds.

Children are a choice.

humans are animals and are driven by the same instincts. we have evolved so we dont just go around shagging one another, but we are still driven by those desires to procreate. every living thing procreates or dies.

I cant believe anyone would voluntary get sterilized. Surely it's about education in contraception and safe sex. education in how to be a better parent

children are a gift, unfortunately I cant ever have children and I feel this with great sadness , I see the joy that kids bring to peoples lives. Life would be very lonely without family. when the shtf they are all you have.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Besides theres some good looking hybrids here, so if someone is feeling these urges, they should probably start to ask in meditation if they could participated in reproducing an upgraded humanity, and try to date one of them instead. Of course, one child per person for most could lead to a major change. But you must realize that the US is one of the few western nations that approaches replacement level in births. The rest of the free world, such as Canada, and many other countries has dropped well below replacement level in birth rates. 40% of women aren't even having children.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This whole thread is hilarious. I cant believe so many people would by into this foolishness. I must say I give you thumbs up to the commitment to the cause.. I agree that everyone who agrees with the OP should not reproduce. Please, for the sake of the rest of us. Well unlesss you want to do it with an alien and create some hybrids like Mystiq suggests.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

You stated more succintly what I was trying to encompass in my wanderings down memory lane.

If we live simply and with a sense of harmony with each other, the world would be a better, more positive place.

I don't think the Earth itself is suffering much. Sure, humans corrupt or pollute everything they touch, but we're just a flash in the pan. The Earth will persevere, and I don't doubt at all she'll unlease a crapstorm of things if we become to cumbersome.

Nature is like that -- somewhat self-correcting.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It is human's god damn right as the winning species on this planet to destroy, rape, use up, and kill off everything this planet has to offer. Sorry but that is the way that evolution DESIGNS us to be and act. If we had emotion for a fellow animal species we would FAIL and the one that did not have this emotion would win. But wait!!! you might say, we are above animals now, we need to care for them! No we are not. We are still in evolutions grasp and still reacting to its logic. How so? Let me explain.

The way forward is not depopulation and it is not caring for this planet and its plants and animals. It is finding the overwhelming urge to get off this planet because of the overpopulation and colonize the universe. When our current situation is at a breaking point, the species will either get its butt in gear and move off, or it will kill itself off.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by stfspam]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stfspam

Understand what you're saying......... but is it the right thing? Is it the NATURAL thing for us as a species to spread our ilk to other planetary bodies when we haven't the maturity [yet] to manage this one?

I, for one, hope we do NOT develop the technology to spread to other before we can live within our means on this one. I'd rather see the human species die out than go forth as a plague upon other "Earths".

Look out! Here come the humans to dig up and mine and burn and waste and pollute and contaminate!! Run!!! Fly!!!! Save yourselves!!!!

Okay, I freely admit that was over the top.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Nightchild

Easy; Introduce a temporary Global Law that forbiddes people to have kids. A few years later, the population would have decreased drastically.

Do you really think a law making sex illegal would work? You do realize that people break the law everyday....

Also, getting a law like that passed would not be easy at all. Certainly impossible world wide. Also how would it be enforced? Are we going to create a group of sex police to arrest people who have sex?

What happens if they do get pregnant? What happens to the baby? What happens if they manage to hide long enough to give birth? What do we do with the child? Do we kill it or let it live?

When the jail system becomes full will we have to build a camp to contain them all? What happens then?

Bottom line is people are not going to stop having sex. That is just not going to happen whether it is illegal or not.

Still think it is simple? It is not.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

Actually, I was being only "half/half" serious with that suggestion.

BUT, I DO believe that solution would be among the best of options, if any. Oh, and I didn't say people would stop having sex. Just stop having children for a while.

Sex is indeed more than reproducing, and it is fully possible to have sex without producing children.
People can have sex as much as they want, without for that sake having it resulting in more kids.

Even if many people would have kids despite that law, the message would still be clear and so would also the overall effect be.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

But do we need a planet at all really? If we can move interplanetary, the question is why do we need one?

If we get into space I personally see two options only. We interact and abuse/use other living planets (or in a very cool universe, trade with our intelligent galactic neighbors) or we have no interaction with living planets and live in space and not on planets at all. If we do choose to interact with planets, any form of interaction is going to be a violation in a broad sense, since we will be interfering in its evolution in some form or another to harvest its resources.

The other option is what I hope happens and we move as a species into space wholly and simply farm the rocks and "space garbage" floating out there and explore and evolve internally. Of course, I think I read too much science fiction and get these ideas in my head........

I do think that the move towards getting off the planet woould create the technology needed to keep us stable out in space and if anything, the need of planets for "viewing" and emotional means only.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Planets will be necessary for sometime yet. Biosphere tweaked, and biosphere artificial and maintained are two very different things.

Resources come from conglomerates of matter. Planets, for example.

[edit on 2009/5/25 by Aeons]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Don't worry if we continue to multiply like rabbits natural law will step in and take care of it for us. It won't be a choice it'll be a lesson, and nature shows no discrimination and no mercy.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of Easter Island. it's an island in the pacific ocean with a load of giant stone heads. When humans first arrived on the island it was covered with trees. At some point the last tree was cut down, presumably to roll one of theses giant heads around. Everyone on the island knew it was the last tree yet they still chopped it down. Without trees they couldn't build boats to fish and famine ensued. Are we really any different from the ancient islanders?. I feel quite confident that we will cause our culling by our own stupidity, without any need for eugenics.
But if we humans really did want to reduce our population, the simplest method would be to re-introduce small pox.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

As an apparent, or seemingly possible, hybrid (and not bad looking), I'd gladly reproduce with a few "daughters of man," or preferably a hybrid, actually. (Long story on my unexplained experiences that I refuse to discuss publicly). OMG, let the religious nuts flame away!

Seriously though, there needs to be a combination of a gradual sterilization program in tandem with a complete change of industries as we know them. Actually, I believe Earth can sustain probably between 20 and 50 billion people, perhaps even more, but not with anything resembling the pollution and depletion of resources of today... I know: Who decides who's sterilized and who isn't? Didn't say I have all the answers...

add: We should start with Disclosure and then Contact in addressing overpopulation (in tandem with hyper-industrialization). I'm sure there are a few nonhumans with a good idea or 2.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Dean Goldberry]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
With the low birthrate happening in many countries, in Canada, in Europe, even in Japan, thats well below replacement level and even threatens industry and culture in the future, I'm not sure that this is needed. Also, the developing countries, need to develop, basically, as this has been the major issue. So our population problem goes back into the elite slave drivers hands who have raped and pillaged the resources of this planet and taken from the developing lands their future, refusing to STEP DOWN, BACK OFF, and SURRENDER. Which is what my solution to this problem is. I encourage all defectors from the elite, from the black ops and any secret societies that are working with the slavemasters, and personally I will grant amnesty as long as you serve humanity and freedom and equality, and work for a moneyless, classless society where no intellectual property or resources can be owned and all knowledge must be shared. I don't know if the others will, but I will.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Ahh you have crazy views on aliens etc
but i really like some of your posts mystiq,very down to earth and to the point..even if i dont agree with the secret societies part,the rest i do.This fixation on money from the day we a born till the day we die is probably one of the largest scams ever to be created.I find from my experience on here its Americans that put value in money more so than any other country,everything revolves around money for alot of americans..not decency,morality or simply caring for your fellow man(national health service) it always comes down to money.I dont know if thats because you are still a young country or the almighty dollar is etched into your brain moreso than other countries,but its a strange phenomena i must say

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't care what the population of our planet is. I also don't care about how people treat our planet. As long as I'm alive and healthy than I don't care.
People are trying to be more "Eco-friendly" nowadays anyway.

I think the "Global Warming" thing is a big misunderstanding anyway. There have been recorded accounts of the climate changing rapidly over long periods of time. I think what is going on right now is just part of a cycle.

And think of it this way Spooky Fox Mulder, saying the planet needs depopulation is like saying "Hey government, let's kill a large number of people or make laws against reproduction!"
The don't want anything or anyone to control my life, or end it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for one of you unlimited population proponents to tell me what you plan to do with the mountains of human excrement that would come from all your people.

I've been asking this question for at least 3 years now and no one has come up with a workable solution.

When you come up with a good answer, you need to tell your local sewer plant managers, because they are having an impossible time right now.

Cities on the Great Lakes pour sewage in the lakes and also take their drinking water out of the same lake. You need to look into this to see for yourself.

And of course - where are they all going to live?

Oh yeah, on a 1/4 of an acre and be self-sustaining. Sounds like something an 8 year old would suggest.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

There are getting too many humans. We pollute, abuse nature, overpopulate and kill each other.
Thes are everything the Government does. People do not do that. Fix corruption in government and all the bad things will go away.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
jmdewey60,says that bad things will go away.....

O really?
You mean that your idea of the fix, will cause mountains of humans feces to vanish?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Make lots of compost,problem solved.If you actually think excrement would be a large problem in a more technological,caring,just society then you are wrong.Many many many ways to dispose of human waste,just because people dont do it or cant be bothered doesn't mean there is no solution to the problem.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

You know something, many people aren't proponents of every increasing populations, but are absolutely not going to allow a police state to dictate things like this. I already gave the REAL STATS. 40% of women in Canada aren't giving birth. Most western countries are falling well below replacement levels.

The rest of the world is suffering from the elites orchestrated abuse of its resources and their mismanagement and unending cruelty to the developing peoples. These things arent problems, even the sewage isn't a problem. These "problems" have already had solutions all along. Not employed by the rulers. Its rulers that are the problem. Decades ago, science digest and omni magazine had very good innovative articles about many solutions. Such as green belts in cities. Recycling with plants creates 100% clean water, theres no need to do the things they do with all the chemicals and then dump it treated or untreated into the lakes, rivers, or oceans. Its unbelievable that the solution was discovered and PROVED TO WORK SCIENTIFICALLY BUT NOT EMPLOYED BY THE LEADERS!

We don't have problems. These problems had democratic and wonderful solutions that only created empowerment and a win/win for everyone. Thats why the leaders didn't do them. GET RID OF THE TOP OF THE PYRAMID all these problems will disappear. Well cared for equal people in developed nations with equal rights for women and good free medicare don't have very many children. These aren't theories, they're facts! Savvy?

[edit on 25-5-2009 by mystiq]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join