It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy but true: Twitter to have its own TV Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

According to the AP, Twitter is working with Reveille and Brillstein Entertainment to develop an unscripted series based on the site. The series will invite brief, 140 character postings from members the world over. The show will “harness Twitter to put players on the trail of celebrities in a competitive format” - whatever that means. The producers aim to bring the live interaction of Twitter onto the TV screen. The series concept was apparently created by novelist/screenwriter Amy Ephron. Reveille and Brillstein aren’t revealing any further details on when the show might air or exactly how it will all work. The startup is also officially backingCrazy but true: Twitter to have its own TV Show a book of Twitter witticisms to be published by HarperCollins in the Fall.
thenextweb.com... nw.to-twitter&utm_source=twitter.com

HHmmmmm... ATS tweets from twitter shown on TV ..... now there's a concept

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I have never been able to understand the rise in popularity of Twitter, and frankly, was hoping it's "15-minutes-of-fame" would come already.

Apparently not.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ehh no.

I'd rather not see ATS insulted as to appear in a "reality" television show based on somebody's other idea such as Twitter.

This will be just a large civil paparazzi. Following celebs around and posting their whereabouts on Television. People are so useless these days.

My god, we should give facebook and Myspace a TV show too, and people won't have to stalk celebrities, just stalk each other. We have a shortage of serial killers and child abductors anyway, might as well get on the band wagon.

Really, can we just stop senseless and crap programming for the sake of entertainment? We are trading our sense of responsibility and intelligence for it.

~Keeper

[edit on 5/25/2009 by tothetenthpower]

join