It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just divide America already!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
technically the US is already made up of small Countries.

United States of America

The country was founded on the agreement of combining multiple states/"countries" with different views to form a government that is run/madeup of these different Countries. This is the main reason that a seperation will never happen, because we are already and always have been seperated to an extent.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If you didn't already realize the united states isn't america, canada is too. And Mexico is part of america too. The united states was formed so we wouldn't be like all the other countries. So we could be united not untied. Are you from like the olden days or something because you keep talking about the olden days? Well the olden days i dont think was the great. Their were slaves you said the south could come back. Freedom of speech wasn't back then. You take too many things for granted because bring back the old America you probably wouldn't know what to do or what not to do. The laws that we have now wouldn't be ineffect and it wasn't that great at all. The USA was meant to be united. If you dont like the government and and this country then why dont you just leave. Just move to a country that does suit you. Where you wont have freedom and you wont have alot of the things you do have.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Notright
If you didn't already realize the united states isn't america, canada is too. And Mexico is part of america too. The united states was formed so we wouldn't be like all the other countries. So we could be united not untied. Are you from like the olden days or something because you keep talking about the olden days? Well the olden days i dont think was the great. Their were slaves you said the south could come back. Freedom of speech wasn't back then..

Who were you addressing?
Please explain.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
technically the US is already made up of small Countries.

United States of America

The country was founded on the agreement of combining multiple states/"countries" with different views to form a government that is run/madeup of these different Countries. This is the main reason that a seperation will never happen, because we are already and always have been seperated to an extent.

Yes, but we're all under one central gov't. One that's gotten very powerful, and just as corrupt. Rules have been bent and redefined to allow regulations that never should have been allowed. These are called federal regulations, and they apply to the entire country. This is the difference between "country" and "state", here in America. States cannot over-rule the federal gov't. They're nothing but puppet governments, waiting for their handouts from the feds.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Divide it where? How do you decide such a thing?

i say we get rid of california for starters.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by Jonna
Divide it where? How do you decide such a thing?

i say we get rid of california for starters.

California is a great state! I was born there! I say we divide it, vertically, right down the center. Then, when we establish our own system, we should immediately bomb Murmansk.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
the lines have already been drawn for the divide if the country splits:

frank.harvard.edu...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I haven't read all the posts so sorry if this comment's already been made. America is already divided -- The only problem is that people are refusing to move to the appropriate side.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Name one country which has ever been successfully partitioned.

If America was split then it would go to war with itself forever.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
the lines have already been drawn for the divide if the country splits:

frank.harvard.edu...

I'm talking about a division between people who support the gov't (no matter who the president is) and those who think it's irreparable. Your Bush/Gore gif would be useless in such case.

Originally posted by weemart
Name one country which has ever been successfully partitioned.

If America was split then it would go to war with itself forever.

Not if the war caused the split. We all know that a civil war in the US could only end one of two ways....either a complete takeover and repression, or a division. The division could be a final agreement, or it could be a clean break. That would depend on the outcome of whatever prompted such drastic actions in the first place.

For instance, let's say that tomorrow, you find out that the elections don't mean anything...they've been fixed for about 2 decades now. Which side are you going to stay with? Those in denial will choose their old gov't, refusing to believe that they've been duped. The others won't take that kind of news so readily.

We're not talking about a success story, we're talking about a necessity action between people who can no longer live together under the same gov't. It could be made to work, just as America was made to work in the first place. That wasn't the smoothest transition, either.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Satyr]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Better idea, instead of Dividing America, why not just take over other countries

I mean come on, First we take Mexico and Canada, then head straight to Switzerland and scare the hell out of them. Go from there to England, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Hungary and Italy. Screw France, nobody would want France. We leaveRussian and China, finish getting Africa and the Middle East,Swing around and Finish off Korea, just nuke it, dont need it, same with Vietnam. Take Japan after a massive battle with their thousands of robot Mech battle tanks that all the 14 year old schoolgirls with huge shaking eyes are controlling. ANd then, blam, we "divided" america by having oceans seperate parts of it

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Originally posted by titian
Plausible based on the complete #hole that our society of lost values is turning into.

What system of government will there be?

How about peaceful tribes? Actually, our gov't would be fine, if they stuck to the constitution and weren't a bunch of lying sacks of #.

How will the new countries be sub-divided (provinces, states, counties)?

Play it by ear, I suppose. Not that it matters much to those who finally have freedom. I'd happily live anywhere in the US that I'm not under the marshal law of our current admin.

[EDIT] Sorry, left everything in at first.

Satyr, thanks for your response - I was out all weekend. I think quite a few good opinions have been expressed here recently. I particularly like the idea of dumping california. I wish we could do that to NYC as well. I'm still working on figuring out whether the state of NY supports NYC or whether NYC supports the state of NY. In other words, where do the tax revenues flow? I've heard both and still can't find my answer. Off topic but it would impact my decision on whether to dump NYC.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by titian]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Better idea, instead of Dividing America, why not just take over other countries

I see it, I read it. I just cant believe it.
You are the wolfofwar, I should expect it.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Won't happen.
Been tried, didn't work.
Besides "differences", what is the success rate that a divided America will happen?
Don't get me wrong, "anything" can happen, but I don't forsee nor envision what you are describing.
Seems more "wishful" thinking than anything remotely possible.

seekerof

I storngly agree

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

Won't happen.
Been tried, didn't work.
Besides "differences", what is the success rate that a divided America will happen?
Don't get me wrong, "anything" can happen, but I don't forsee nor envision what you are describing.

seekerof

I storngly agree

One of two things will happen, one day. Either America will go to war against it's gov't, and overthrow them, or there will be a divide. Take your pick. It's going to happen, eventually.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
#in a, Im all for it. Im tired of the rich east trying to dictate to the west anyway.

Its inevitable. yes, the country will fall, but anarchy I strongly doubt. Well make do with our states, and trade between them can commence.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think there will ever be true anarchy, unless the entire country is in complete ruins, and even then, it'd be temporary. People will always try to organize. Maybe, next time, they'll revamp the system even more, and make it a bit tougher for corruption to spread. It should be easy. I could design a better system right now, but it's the resistance of those in power that make it impossible to implement something more fair. They'll never give up what they have. They only want more.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

Won't happen.
Been tried, didn't work.

seekerof

I storngly agree

I read through this thread and at first came to the same conclusions as you.

Then after wading through some of the other topics in here, I decided, to hell with it, give the country to the loons that would want it to be split up. Replace it with peaceful tribes. Yeah, right. How long do you think that would last?

Now I say, give them the country. It will flush them out from under the rocks where they hide, and make it easier to pick them off, one by one.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Now I say, give them the country. It will flush them out from under the rocks where they hide, and make it easier to pick them off, one by one.

Come on with it, then. I'll be waiting. Don't mistake peaceful for weak and defenseless. I'd kill your ass quicker than you could say, "But I thought you were peaceful!?"
The "peaceful" part only applies to those who aren't supporters of repression.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

Originally posted by jsobecky

Come on with it, then. I'll be waiting. Don't mistake peaceful for weak and defenseless. I'd kill your ass quicker than you could say, "But I thought you were peaceful!?"
The "peaceful" part only applies to those who aren't supporters of repression.

OOOOOhhhh. I'm sooo scared.

I wouldn't call you peaceful. Too kind. You're more like doggy - doo on the bottom of my shoe.

Here's a target for ya!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join