It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Punjab riots after Vienna killing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Punjab riots after Vienna killing

news.bbc.co.uk

Riots have broken out in almost all towns and cities in the Indian state of Punjab after a Sikh guru was killed by a rival group in a temple in Austria.

Thousands of angry protesters have taken to streets, damaging public property and setting trains on fire.

At least four people were injured when police opened fire at protesters who attacked a police station in Jalandhar.

The army has marched through the streets of Jalandhar city and a curfew is in place in four major towns.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
well this is not the news we want to hear.

we have a still ongoing tensions between the India and Pakistan and we have a war inside of Pakistan as well.

both countries has a nukes and the economical crises is not helping to calm the people there.

I really hope nothing more will happen although I will focus on that area. especially with Afghanistan and Iran being just around the hill.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Jalandhar is like Amritsar but in some ways more ghetto.

Although Jalandhar has city areas it also has many village areas, and i'm positive without even doing research that this happened in a village area.

They won't mention that however

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

probably you are right what does not change that it can easly spread all over. they are fanatics and if they go crazy it will be really hard to stop them.

just imagine loosing control over the masses living there. woow, what a nice piece of chaos.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

fanatics play a very small majority in Punjab
especially now

most people there just love food, music and spending time with family
oh ya.... and also whiskey lol

there are sikh fanatics all over the world

even in Vancouver one there were riots because there were tables and chairs in a gurdwara(sikh temple). Which meant some would sit higher than others, which might imply higher social status when everyone should be equal in a place of worship.

But they still represent a small minority nonetheless.

All in all, they were a small threat compared to canadian hockey fans.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

well I think the problem is there. just look on the wiki hereŁ

en.wikipedia.org...:Riots_in_India

top topics

join