It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS Thought Experiment

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomerdude
How about we stop Big Ben at the assigned date and hour. Wouldn't need a webcam and we'd still have a pendulum of a sort.

This was my thought as well. Would probably be reported by the media as well.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by donutviper

Yes, I still think the one person would need to buy the ticket, and everyone contributes their thoughts instead of everyone buying a ticket with the same numbers. As an individual, you have to go out of your way to buy the ticket especially if this turns into a weekly thing, versus one person buying it and taking pictures of the ticket's failures/win.
And yeah, a simple number like that would be a good idea because of how easy it for everybody to think of constantly.

[edit on 5/25/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Power -Ball has 30 states in their game, the Mega-Million has about 12 states in their game. I think the Mega Millions is the ping pong balls, I don't know if Power ball is Electronic random Number machine I doubt it.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by googolplex]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

If you do that it would be easier to think of one number 3 digit rather than 6 differnt numbers up to 2 digit.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Sure, easiest would be the best to go in this situation, still everyone has to agree exactly what the subject will be, whether it be lottery numbers, the big ben idea I heard, etc. and there would have to be a new thread made with the specific experiment as the title if we want full participation by all of ATS's active members.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Why don't we send a blank check out to the universe? We will simply ask that someone or something manifest our thoughts in such a way that we will know that we have been heard. It can be answered in any way, either to us each individually or to the world as a whole. We will leave it up to the universe to decide how best to manifest our thoughts without making any demands. Has this ever been tried before?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hmm. I am loving this idea, but thought I might suggest trying something along the lines of placing a protective bubble around our troops in the middle east, or around the children/innocents in Darfur. We could maybe find a way to check troop fatalities compared to the day before/week before/month before. Not sure how it might work, but it would be a noble effort.

Or: You could try to make me levitate! I'm very light.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

This would kind of defeat purpose of thie experiment, what is wanted is to see if we can in some way cause this effect to occurr.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by donutviper

It may work better if the numbers are random and non-sequential. I don't know why it would matter, but it just seems that the odds sequential numbering hitting in the lottery may be too big to overcome, even with all these people concentrating on them.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I don't think it would matter, every number series has exactly an equal percentage chance of happening, if it's picked by random, so if we want the max people thinking about the numbers, it would be wise to pick numbers that are very easy to remember.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

The government would probably not want us to interfere with their program, the other might be hard to understand results.
And if you started to float around are you sure you could handle it?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

I would find it enormously pleasing to interfere with their "program".

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It is possible to play amost any state lottery atthis site, sure you will need credit card.www.luckylotto.com...
Power Ball is not electronic random number generator.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by googolplex]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex

This would kind of defeat purpose of thie experiment, what is wanted is to see if we can in some way cause this effect to occurr.

In this case the "cause" is us sending out our energies, and the "effect" is someone or something manifesting those energies. You are still the cause. What this does is applies some of the advice that I've been hearing in this forum. Not to be selfish, not to effect others in a negative way, not to ask too much from people that they get turned off to the whole idea. It seems to me that "whoever" is out there is a mysterious being or force and they like it that way, and they often manifest themselves in ways that nobody is expecting. So this gives 'them' a chance or opportunity to do something without revealing too much about themselves. The test is if we can establish in some way that our request was answered.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Lottery numbers although a profitable idea would not really prove anything as there is still a random chance those numbers would come up anyway. All that will do is create more debunkers than believers. You need to pick something specific that has a next to zero chance of happening randomly. Big Ben was a pretty good idea. I personally would vote for the resignation of everyone in our government (lol). Now that is an impossibility that no-one could debunk. The problem you are going to have is that you are going to get 30 people to do this if you are lucky. This is nowhere enough collective energy to accomplish anything. You will need thousands of people if not more and I honestly just don't see that happening. Perhaps the site leadership could partake in promoting this and perhaps raise your number to a few hundred, but I honestly don't think that will be enough either.

How about focusing on something beneficial for humanity in general, then there is the possibility that hundreds of other random people may be thinking the same thoughts which will increase the likelihood of success exponentially.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
We all want to do this but the the thread needs to be 1

specific thing. How about A huge UFO over the Whitehouse by MAY

31st...except it doesnt do it independence day style

[edit on 25-5-2009 by SKIN-E]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
folks,

If the lottery thing is even to be considered, NO one should buy a lottery ticket. We don't need a ticket to keep track of the numbers drawn. A main theme in this thread is the necessity to be in others interest, not self interest.

Wouldn't buying a lottery ticket and trying to change the outcome so you win be very... selfish?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I'm sorry I thought this was mind over matter thread, not a request thread. So what is the request the we will make to this unknow?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

single state lotteries usually have odds of about 18 million to 1 while multiple state lotteries have odds as high as 120 million to 1.

- www.savingadvice.com...

You have a better chance of being struck by lightning than winning the lotto so I'd say winning the lottery wouldn't leave room for coincidence.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by free2live

Not only would it be selfish as you have said, but even if none of us bought tickets, we'd still be making everybody who chose different numbers lose. So no matter how you look it it, there's going to be a negative outcome for someone if we succeed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join