It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS Thought Experiment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by theyreadmymind

I think the randomness of numbers is quite pre-determined by some unseen force.

Maybe we should all concentrate on a series of numbers. If we all concentrate on these numbers, say for the lottery, and we all by a ticket individually we should all be able to reap the benefits of a thought bomb of this size.

I would love to win a part of the lottery, but if we all play it will be split like 150 times, that all right though. 1/150 of 200,000,000.00 isn't too bad!

edit for grammar... again

[edit on 25-5-2009 by esteay812]

This may be interesting in New York one year to the dayof 9/11, 911 came in straight on 3 digit lott 9/11/2002. Check it out if do not believe..
Another one in NY stock maket crash some years back, the 4 digit number matched market number.
This is interesting because in both cases a lot of people were thinking of these numbers on those days, what are odds of this occurance.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think that everyone should be watching the internet and t.v. for a story on this subject.

It is quite possible that everyone who has read or posted on this thread has thought enough about it to have an effect in reality.

There will probably be a news story on t.v. or the internet about how mass thought in unisen can change reality. It would not be a suprise at all since we have all been thinking about this subject.

It may even be an old story about the subject that crosses your path and catches your attention without you searching it out. Kind of like when you buy a car and then see the same type of car everywhere or when you learn a new word and then you see it used in general, when you had never even heard of the word before as soon as you learn it you see others using it all around.

Creating a thought bomb on this subject in particular has already happened when we all thought about this at basically the same time. We may have, inadvertantly, brought this subject into mass reality.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by esteay812]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm in.. and I agree with the lottery example as its something that is concrete, hard and definable.

Most lottery systems have a sequence of 6 or 7 numbers, if we simply choose 3 - 4 numbers and all concentrate on visualising these numbers occurring.

Weather etc is just to unpredictable is subject to coincidence. And yes there are university tests performed to validate this form of thought experiment..

noosphere.princeton.edu...

As you see they also focus on a random number algorithm so it would be sensible to also focus on something which is a random number pattern.. ie: lottery draws.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NeonStar

I think you need to build momentum by starting out very small.

If you strain the belief systems of the contributors to the experiment, you will fail. They will contribute as much or more doubt than positive thought.

Make the first attempt something less general and indeterminate, like specifying the last word in the headline of the NY Times for tomorrows edition. You are not trying to force the entire headline or even a particular event. You are also not fighting anyones preconception that the last word would be some other specific word.

Start by specifying the last word in the headline of the NY Times for tomorrows edition.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Another thing you may want to look at is sporting events. Do people really get so excited about watching a football, or futbol, game just because they like the teams? Probably. It is also possible that we can sense when we are linked up with others in thought projection.

How many times have many people wanted to see a massive underdog win and it happens? Not a lot, but when it is on a mass scale it does occur.

Possibly when we watch these games we are almost in competition with fans from the other teams. Which ever team has more fans thinking positively and wanting a win usually wins.

Take home-field advantage for example. Most all teams have a much higher winning percentage at home. Is this because they are more comfortable on their home court, or field? Probable.

It is undeniable that when you reach a certain level of athleticism playing fields don't matter much. So what gives them the edge? The 100,000 screaming fans in which 80% are pulling for the home team could cause a thought bomb that would give the edge to the home team.

Video game creators recognize this and incorporate it into game play, one example of this is the momentum meter on Madden football games.

Just a thought, if this is true then we should be able to concentrate on, say a boxing match to determine the outcome. It would almost be like having a sports almanac from the future (Back to the Future plug).

In reality, if this is real, we should be able to influence absolutely anything we choose. It is said that prayer can change anything. Can it? Yes, if enough people are praying for the same thing.

That is all this realy is, as form of organized prayer. Before you strangle me for bringing in religion, you should know that I don't believe prayer is answered by a divine being, more likely it is answered through the power of our combined thoughts.

Why do people pray for things before they go to bed or when someone is ill? It is because the process to obtain thought bombs is hard wired into our psyche from birth. We all do it, because it is our instinct.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hey, AWESOME idea.

Count me in for sure. S&F coming!

I'll read the thread so far and see if anything - any time/date/subject has been agreed upon, and then I will keep tabs on this thread if we're still in the planning stage.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Maybe we could focus on a national monument or some object that is famous enough to get attention the next day. Not to terrorize people, although it probably will, but because it would pop up in the media, confirming our results. Plus, we wouldn't have to set anything up or come to an agreement on what numbers to focus on with that lotto idea. I know it's telekinesis but if you as a group, think we're capable of anything outside of what we're trained to believe, then you as a group must also think that telekinesis would also be just as good for the experiment. Oh and like the OP said...we could practice. Let's pick something famous. Something that won't get anybody hurt that's maybe empty at a certain time of the day. Maybe the Hollywood sign. We can practice on it daily or weekly. Knock one of the letters down. Oh and I apologize if I irritated anybody out there with this idea. We gotta try to advance somehow. As of right now, we're ducks in the water. Let me know what you guys think.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is such an interesting thread. I can't wait for the day to come! Imagine, the things we could accomplish if we have enough people involved. It would be PHENOMENAL.

I don't think trying to influence the lottery would work, though, I didn't know about 911 coming out in new york one year after 9/11. THAT surely is interesting.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by free2live

That's right...imagine what we could accomplish. What if we didn't let this thread fade away? What if we kept on this and worked hard toward this. Art Bell liked these experiments as well. So did George I think. But the problem was, they didn't stay on it. We need to stay persistent. I read through this whole thread and some people sound like this could be potentially dangerous. At this point, I feel like, as a race...what do we have to lose?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by donutviper

You're absolutely right. We CANNOT let this thread slip through the cracks! We need to shout it from the rooftops, so to speak. We need to stick with it. Imagine, a shift for the better, in consciousness and reality, all starting right here!!

And yes, we have absolutely nothing to lose! If we are wrong (i don't think so) then what harm can simple words do?

On a side note: inspired by this thread, as a little experiment for myself while playing solitaire, I "willed" the last card dealt to be a king. Sure enough, it was a king!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If you are interested in this 'thought' theory, take a look a the chaos theory. Basically you create a symbol for what you want, however it should not take the appearance of what you want. Then concentrate on this symbol in a sort of method that blocks out all emotion or thought on the subject besides the symbol and completely forget about it. It is said that this method 'increases' the probability of an event occurring. This idea is common across ritualistic magick, in my opinion, what these secret organizations practice to achieve their goals.

So what Im saying is if you want to improve the results of your experiment, try to simplify it as much as possible. The participant should be thinking of as little details as possible.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I just thought of something that if it worked, there would be no accusing of anyone being a liar here. If we came up with a number series to use in the lottery jackpot, and everyone thought about those numbers as you've said, the OP can enter them. Only need one ticket if this theory is right. And if it wins, the OP will distribute the money to everyone who contributed in this thread.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Count me in. I'll check in every now and again to see if we get a date and time. I'm one that believes that the power of human thought is one of the mos powerful forces on this planet. Lets follow through with this. The results could change the world.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
We could all focus on more people visiting ATS.com

It would be very easy to measure and observe any possible effect.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Why wouldn't we all by tickets individually? We could have the respective lottery split the money. You would have to some how determine which lottery the numbers should occur in, or by a ticket with the numbers in several different categories.

There are many different lotteries though, state lotteries and multi-state lotteries, determining which lottery would be vital if we want to get the benefit from this project.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Count me in.

Disclosure?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Yes but if we get one person to buy the ticket, we won't have to worry about all the different lotteries that have different results.
The only thing is with this, if the person that buys it wins, who's to say he will be selfish and not tell anyone and keep his millions?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

It may be better if we all were to buy tickets. This would allow participation in several different lotteries and would raise the chances that we would receive a cut.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Could someone explain exactally how it works? This all sounds very interesting and all, but I can't partisipate if I don't know how it works.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

If we're going to do the lottery, then why not pick the numbers 12345 and 6 for the powerball. I think if a group of humans had an influence of that magnitude, then we may not care about progressing financially as individuals. We'd focus on changing the world. We've yet to agree on anything yet. If this thread continues in this direction, it may lose its legs. You know, we can do more than one experiment each week. Remember, we will need practice and have got to be persistent. Please, lets keep this thread alive.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join