It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS Thought Experiment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I would also like to take part in this experiment

"With a mustard grain of faith mountains can be moved"

PM me when you are ready

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

Hi, pharaohmoan.

Don't forget that your "desire" must be STO, serve the others.
If it is too much STS, serve the self, it will not work.

In other non insulting generaly speaking words:
If it is too much selfish, don't loose your time.
Read the RA material. You will understand. B-)

The psy wheel is quite "neutral". It could work. . . B-)

See there, too:
theintentionexperiment.ning.com...

or, Forum, Intention Experiment.
theintentionexperiment.ning.com...

Blue skies.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I am down. nothing to lose really. got any ideas?. I have tryed things with friends, but never on a scale this large. Good idea man. I will try brain storm some ideas.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Haha what a coincidence.

Check out my thread:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I am not religious nor am I anti-religious but on this power of thought idea could that possibly be connected with prayer? When you have hundreds of thousands of people praying for the same thing to happen could then in effect be the power of thought. I dunno just a thought...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
my idea is. Lets try to heal someone with the power of thought. If there is someone among us, who is suffering from some medical problem can come up as a volunteer. What do you say?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Not really too fond of the Psy wheel idea, as there are always air currents in a room. Consequently the results aren't that conclusive.

I agree that it has to be a selfless act of some sort though so the healing idea is ok but again it's not conclusive enough.

I still have no idea yet as to what we could do. Hopefully someone here will come up with something.

Interesting that someone came up with the same idea on another thread literally a few hours after I started this one. Maybe it's already working!

Anyway keep the ideas coming.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm in.

This is a cool idea

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hi, intention fans.

The psy wheel is OK, if it is

INSIDE a transparent, covered, sealed, taped, jar.

Blue skies.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Wow!!

I love this idea! I think the psi wheel could be put in a place where it will not be affected by random air currents. It could work.

Regardless, count me in!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wachstum
How about that:

Someone set up a webcam that point to, say, a psy wheel. Then he or she or it post a picture of the wheel, so we have something to concentrate on and decides whether to turn it to the left or the right. Lastly, set date and time and record whether there is any movement of the wheel.

Count me in

A pendulum would work quite well!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Very intriguing idea!

I'll definitely participate!

I've always wondered if the power of thought can change other people? We all possess free will and I would not think it would be best to attempt to alter another one's choices. It could have dire consequences!

However, anything else I think would be OK!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
double post

second line!

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Kevinquisitor]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
How about; You write down a date and hour and the rest of us tell you what it is. You could mine a lot of great data out of the results.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
How about rain in a drought-stricken area?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
ill be glad to participate in this experiment.

if the idea of the psi wheel is used we could have someone set up a live feed on justin.tv or something similar so that we could all have something to look at and see the immediate results.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Isn't there some site on the internet that calculates random numbers and then calculates the degree of randomness? I remember reading about it somewhere before. Maybe we could effect the degree of randomness of the random number generator. That seems like it might be an unbiased test. I don't know where it is though, or if it's even accessible to the public. I think it would be better than a webcam, where we'd never know if the volunteer were messing with it or interfering in some way.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This sounds like fun. I'm in, whatever form it eventually takes.

I've heard that more minds have an exponentially greater effect, and that praying for someone else is more effective than praying for yourself. I've also heard that you don't need to know specifically what you're asking for if the intention is solid. Maybe we should just all collectively wish for something cool to happen to everybody else.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is a beautiful idea. I am already there as we speak.

Let us also create by feeling thoughts as well, and not simply just thinking them. They need to flow through, energize us, and echo softly throughout infinity, softly gracing everything within and without.

All on board the love train!

Be In Peace

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

It's already been pretty well demonstrated that human consciousness will change the output of random event generators. You'd think that would be on the news or something, but no one cares.

The Global Consciousness Project I think it's called has these number generators in university basements all over the world, giving a continual feed. The death of Princess Diana, 9/11, and Obama's inauguration have all caused big spikes of nonrandomness because of the global focus that occurred at those times.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Jac84]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join