It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS Thought Experiment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I was thinking earlier so many claim to have seen results regarding the power of thought. Being a fair few in number here on ATS I thought perhaps we could try a little thought experiment, you know set a date and time, concentrate, and see if we can somehow effect reality on a physical level. What do you guys think?

If you'd like to take part please say and it would be great if you can give a suggestion as to what it is we can collectively think about.

I'm a firm believer in the practical side of life and proving half truths/beliefs so why don't we give it a go!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I would be willing to participate!

I wouldn't know where to begin however in the thought! Probably start small but not just a general thing!

[edit on 25-5-2009 by The Shade]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

set a date and time, concentrate, and see if we can somehow effect reality on a physical level.
reply to post by pharaohmoan

That is exactly what needs to be done on a massive level so we can improve EVERYTHING here on earth. There are several movements trying to get the masses to do this. And I do believe that the power of thought is extremely powerful in creating everything we experience whether it is on purpose or by default.
Set a date and time, and tell us what you want our thought concentrated on, and I would love to join in on your experiment.

Stealth

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Sounds like a fun experiment. Count me in.

Something on the same order was done before on ATS but I didn't follow it.

Just name the time and subject and I'll give it my all.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'd like to participate.

Could I suggest having a 'trial run' before we try anything really spectacular?

Maybe all join minds and thoughts on something fairly trivial to see if we get a connection. It might take a few attempts but when we feel confident we are more likely to be successful.

Please, set a time and date allowing for all our different time zones - then after the experiment we can all come back to this thread to post our thoughts on what happened.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I would definitely be in as well, sounds like a lot of fun, and an interesting experiment! Just name the time and thought and I'll be there.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Just a thought "no pun intended" but if this thread were on the Physics and Metaphysics board instead of Skunkworks, you might have a lot more participants.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-5-2009 by stealthsurfer]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm in, too.

The more I learn about the power of thought, the more amazing my life has become. I'm eager to participate!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Ok. What should we concentrate on? It must be something we can all see the results of. It should be an interesting project.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This sounds like a good idea , count me in
As far as I know there were a few attempts at this already but I dont know what the results were or if they managed to get a group together to do it .

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It would be a cool experiment!

It would have to be something pretty easy to focus on and easy to distinguish that we actually effected it.

Any ideas on what and when?

I only say we should focus on something small cause theres only so many memebers here we probably wont be able to end world hunger cause thats a pretty massive undertaking.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Just send me a U2U when you figure out what it is you want me to think about and I'll be glad to try it out.

You may also want to note down how many people actually believe it will work vs. how many believe it will fail. I'm one who believes it will have no effect whatsoever but I still like the idea and am not close minded.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
A good way to start something like this would be individually. What I mean is, if you have a great number of people thinking a positive thought for a single person, that person will be more likely to reap the benefits and acknowledge the actual change in their reality because of it.

We could make a list and do it for everyone, making everyones life a bit better one thought bomb at a time.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm interested too. I'll u2u directly.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Yes yes , everybody please think positive thought of me winning a few million $ in a lottery
If I win I will share

Heh but on a more serious note , yes the event should be something rather small as we would probably need ALOT of people to change something significant

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sounds like an interesting experiment pharaohmoan.
I would be more than happy to try to make impact on reality in someway.

Do you have any ideas on what kind of scale you would like to see as far as results are concerned. Is there something you would like to effect in this thought experiment ?

Maybe you could take a picture of a small object and place it in this thread and then in a short while set a day in which we could concentrate on it and effect it in someway.

So what do the rest of you and pharaohmoan think ?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have a suggestion for the time. There is one hour per day where esp is over 400% more effective than during the rest of the day. That hour is 13:00 to 14:00 Local Sidereal Time. For those who don't know what this means, it's a time when the same side of the Earth is facing the center of our galaxy. This time converts to different time zones depending on where you live and the actual local time changes by about 4 1/2 minutes per day so it has to be monitored regularly to recalibrate LST to local time. Right now, the mid point of this hour (13:30) is roughly 11pm Easter Standard Time in North America. This site will let you determine what your own LST time is and how much you have to adjust it to get to 13:30 LST.
tycho.usno.navy.mil...
For example, if your local time is 1pm and you check your LST on this site and it says 6pm, then you know that another 7-8 hours is required to get your LST up to 13:00-14:00 so you add 7 hours to your local time of 1pm and therefore the 'power hour' starts at 8pm your time (but don't forget it changes by 4 1/2 minutes each day). If we all use this, we'll all be concentrating at the same time when our esp is at it's strongest.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Correction! I just checked and the midpoint of the power hour is now 10:32pm Eastern Standard Time(North America).

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Studenofhistory

OK I'm happy with SOF's time now all we need is a small enough thing to focus on so as to see if we can actually have an effect.

Some ideas that come to mind are:

The Weather
An Object
An Individual
An Event
A Word
Initiating a butterfly effect type scenario

Obviously this list is not exclusive so please feel free to contribute further ideas.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
How about that:

Someone set up a webcam that point to, say, a psy wheel. Then he or she or it post a picture of the wheel, so we have something to concentrate on and decides whether to turn it to the left or the right. Lastly, set date and time and record whether there is any movement of the wheel.

Count me in

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join