It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion outside upper east side NYC Starbucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Explosion outside upper east side NYC Starbucks

abclocal.go.com

An explosive device blew out the windows of a Starbucks coffee shop in a blast that rocked an Upper East Side neighborhood.

The loud blast was heard at the intersection of Third Avenue and East 92nd Street just before 4 a.m.

The explosion took place on 92nd and 3rd avenue.

Police are still looking for the person who left the device outside of the Starbucks.

The time of day echoed that of a pattern of unsolved early morning blasts that have occurred outside the British Consulate, the Mexican Consulate and the Armed Forces recruiting booth in Times Square over the past two years.

"The similarity is the time. The Mexican consulate, the British consulate, the Times Square bombing event at the recruiting station, we have this event. They all happened between 3:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. that's the immediate similarity we are looking at," said Commissioner Ray Kelly.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
From the pattern that they describe this is a home grown terrorist or someone who has a grudge with Mexico, Britain, Starbucks and Army recruiters.

This is not good but at the same time whoever is doing this has made a point of not (so far) targeting passerby's which is good.

Still it is not good that someone has been bombing NYC for 2 years and has yet to be caught.

abclocal.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hopefully they won't blame this on ``9/11 truther`` like they tried last time. Remember that little/fake explosion at a NYC army recruitment center last year? The whole Fox News/medias blamed it on 9/11 truthers.

We'll see what happens now.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Naw, it was revenge against some snotty barrista from StarBucks! Probably didn't fluff someones latte correctly!

Zindo

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
No one hurt, that is all that matters!!!

33 Liberty st NY should of been the target, why hasn't anybody caught on

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yup, no one hurt in this incident. I truly hope people will wake to the "new reality" we're experimenting. Darn manipulation, it's too obvious, and yet so many are in denial about it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Wonder if someone is just testing the security response for that area?
Crazy people, regardless.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Who thinks hannity will bring up obamas friends at the weather underground again, lol.

There are plenty of stup1d people in the world, and this news sums it up. I doubt it is anything really.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Your avatar is wrong... Franklin, Jefferson and company were shaped and molded by the enlightenment which was the antithesis of both right wing and extremist ideology... You should replace them with King George the third and other Tories since they were the conservatives during the revolution.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Huh, kind of funny they would target all the things that American stands for

No but really, this is kind of shocking. I'm watching CNN and MSNBC in my office and no mention of it yet.

I'm surprised their not declaring Marshall Law and having the army out in the streets.

~Keeper

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Probably not important enough for them to do anything about it. But then again, they sometime react later on, depending on public opinion sometimes, or depending on their own agenda... Think of the katrina events and how long it took to do anything about it...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
No but really, this is kind of shocking. I'm watching CNN and MSNBC in my office and no mention of it yet.

I'm surprised their not declaring Marshall Law and having the army out in the streets.

~Keeper

As the summer "heats" up, the MSM will do all it can to ignore stories like this...."nothing to see here"....just like the mind-f%#@ they're throwing out about the economy right now...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is the cost of Obama and the liberals weakness.

Sadly, I expect many more like this because these guys feed on weakness. If bombs start going off all over the place then we will turn into a police state with checkpoints and sniffing dogs.

Something is going on. Four stopped in New York recently and now this.

It's obvious the bad actors of the world see weakness in Obama and the liberals running a Code Pink foreign policy.

This is why America has to police the world and take out bad actors. If we don't fight for freedom, democracy and liberty at this stage of a world that's going from local to global then these guys will shape the world in tyrrany, communism and dictatorship.

Liberals are dangerous because they don't make judgments. Everything has a middle ground and you can reason with these guys.

It's obvious Russia is backing Iran and terrorist in the middle east. Iran is bold because they are backed by Russia. Russia wants the vote in Lebanon to hold because it looks like Hezbollah will gain control. You have Hamas running Palestine. When we tuc tail and leave Iraq you will then have and Iraq-Iran powerhouse backed by Russia.

China is supporting North Korea.

China and Russia see weakness and they are going to strike through these countries.

What do we have?

Obama bowing in Saudi and apologizing all over Europe. This is not the time for a CODE PINK foreign policy. The world is a powder keg and these guys smell weakness in America.

With our weakness they see taking over Europe and the Middle East while destroying us.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Hopefully they won't blame this on ``9/11 truther`` like they tried last time. Remember that little/fake explosion at a NYC army recruitment center last year? The whole Fox News/medias blamed it on 9/11 truthers.

We'll see what happens now.

Why not? If they did it, then blame it on them.

I'm not sure why we are "hoping" they don't.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Looks like the blame will be placed on the right wing extremist. It doesn't matter that most people that fit in that catagory are peaceful people that just want to be left alone. I guess it will fit the aghenda to label people like that as terrorist. Whats next rounding christians up and putting them in concentration camps?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Really? No MSM stories?

ABC

FOX

Or go to google and type in "explosion starbucks NY" for even more stories.

reply to post by jkm1864

How can people who fit the profile of "right wing extremist" possibly be "peaceful people who want to be left alone"?

Every example of a right wing extremist you can find is xenophobic, racist and usually ultra-nationalist. Thats what being a right wing extremist means!!

[edit on 25/5/09 by stumason]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

Hey dude you aren't paying attention... these bombings have been going on for 2 years now... since 2007... guess who was president then?

Obama and his liberals came into office this year... and the odds are these bombings are the work of some homegrown kook with a grudge to grind... but not enough of one to target random people.

JEZZZ... I swear some can't nothing cause they are blinded by their ideology.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I made a somewhat prediction a couple of months ago...basically I hold that as the economy continues to fall and times get tougther, we'll start seeing more of this type of behavior.

I think that this might be some sort of a test to see HOW responses go. I'm sure there will be more as the perps get media attention.

I wonder what they used as an explosive?

new topics

top topics

join