It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 human skulls found in Indian pond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

100 human skulls found in Indian pond

www.cnn.com

NEW DELHI, India (CNN) -- About 100 skulls and other human remains have been found in a dried-up pond near a state-controlled mortuary in northern India, police said Monday.

The remains were suspected to be from corpses thrown into the pond after autopsies because they had no claimants, said Aligarh city police chief Maan Singh Chauhan.

The discovery was made after the pond recently dried up.

Junior-rank officers could be responsible for the dumping of remains, which Chauhan suspected went on for almost two decades, he said.

An investigation is under way, Chauhan added.

Ov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The first thing that came to mind was....
Is that pond a source of drinking water or used for other household purposes. My bet is that it was.

What type of government would put their citizenry at risk of disease and pestulance in such a cavilier manner.

I thought that cremation was the method of sending the soul to it's maker in India but apparently even that was to costly.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I love how they're going to pin the blame on junior-rank officers

I'm sure they asked their superiors what to do and the superiors said just toss them in the piranha pool

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I love how they're going to pin the blame on junior-rank officers

I'm sure they asked their superiors what to do and the superiors said just toss them in the piranha pool

Another question...Who were these people so unceremoniously dumped into the pond that didn't even deserve a proper cremation. Those dead as a result of torture? disease? criminals? foreigners? Untouchables?

new topics

top topics

join