It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa ponders problem of natural urges in space

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Consider the fact that we're talking about a journey to Mars here. It's bound to happen, and I think it should be allowed to happen as long as they use contraceptives... Just need to ensure that they dont stop functioning as a crew

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Too many issues for NASA to think about with this one. Maternity space walk suits. Space suits for toddlers. Birthing in space. And, last but not least, changing diapers in space.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
In zero gravity, who would be on top?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Deleted.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'd hate to be the guy in charge of contingency plans at NASA working on this one. Do you bring tons of extra gear in case someone gets pregnant? What if you don't but it happens anyway? What if you bring it just in case and the story of tons of extra mission costs because of possible babies in space hits the news? Do you sterilize the crew first to avoid possibilities? Looks messy any way you look at it.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
now,now. Thats not very nice.
But still, if there is no gravity how would you know who's on top?

I think NASA should worry about not exploding any more of its stuff before they worry about the sex lives of their astronauts.
They must be republicans."What! People might have have sex in space! We need to stop that"

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by ashley]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Deleted.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
was kidding you, you know "opposites attract".

We are a lot more alike than you know.
Someone should tell him.

Anyways i just thought of something. Since the aliens that people say they have been in contact with,abducted by,seen, whatever.They always say they they are unisex or genderless or something of that nature. Maybe the problem has already been solved and are government knows it but is bracing us for what it knows they need to do. Send eunuchs into space and if they want to use females as well they would need masectomies and some kind of removal of the female reproductive system.
This is getting complicated, maybe we should just go back to sending monkeys. How did they stop the monkeys from doing it?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Deleted.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Dont tell me your a guy.

BINGO

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Embarassing Post. Deleted.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Unfortunately this isnt the pit so I am being civil. You should read your posts more often and especially after you direct one at me because i have mentioned it before.Yesterday for instance.
I feel bad for you and im still not calling you 86,i must be in a good mood.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
I feel bad for you and im still not calling you 86,i must be in a good mood.

Thanks for not compounding my embarassment.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Although sex in space sounds like great fun and a good stress reliever its not a good idea on an extended trip to mars. I think it takes a year and a half or two years round trip to the planet. If sex was allowed the woman could become pregnant and end up giving birth on the trip jeopardizing the mission. Not to mention the problems of jealousy of the other astronauts that aren�t getting any.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What? No sex in space? Then # it, I aint volunteering for the mission.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What I'm not worried about is the sex or even the babies, that is until you have a 7 mo. pregnant woman hurtling theought the atmostphere, breaking her water, having the kid just slip through from the pressure, and nearly lose the child during birthing.

There is a scifi story out there called The Revolving Boy
www.sf-books.com...

It is about a boy who was conceived and born in outer space, and the problems his family had with hiding him.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Who's on top in zero gravity? I guess it's all just a state of mind.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The dominant pertner is on top.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is an interesting issue and I can see where the problems could come about.
Like has been mentioned, when you've got people working together in space, who totally depend on one another, and are stuck together for extended periods of time, you want to avoid any potential problems, and we all know that love and sex are a great cause of tension between people. Even mature adults. I think the situation would be made worse if it occured in space, for the above mentioned reasons.

It'll be interesting to see how this is dealt with if a mission to Mars is indeed in the future.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hehe� The first occurrence of Space Spooge! People will think twice about volunteering to go on space missions if they will have to sacrifice their sexuality. Maybe they could come up with a type of pill that would inhibit urges and emotions. Something like this would be reversible over time. Reminds me of the movie Equilibrium.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join