It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never ending sun.[video]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I was not sure where to put this, but since it has to do with the earth's rotation around the sun, and how it effects life itself, here goes. It's a very cool time lapse scene of the sun not "setting" in the arctic hope you all enjoy!

I thought this was soo cool, although bedtime is not defined as to when the sun goes down here!

Midnight sun

The midnight sun (also known as the black sun) is a natural phenomenon occurring in summer months at latitudes north and nearby to the south of the Arctic Circle, and south and nearby to the north of the Antarctic Circle where the sun remains visible at the local midnight. Given fair weather, the sun is visible for a continuous 24 hours, mostly north of the Arctic Circle and south of the Antarctic Circle. The number of days per year with potential midnight sun increases the farther poleward one goes.
Source

[edit on 25-5-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

thankyou for finding this, i always wondered what and how it would look like, the unsetting sun.
and now i know
very, very beautiful!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

You're welcome, I too thought it was a beautiful time lapse, I always wondered what it would look like

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
very beautyful images, nice video

top topics

join