It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 human skulls found in Indian pond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

NEW DELHI, India (CNN) -- About 100 skulls and other human remains have been found in a dried-up pond near a state-controlled mortuary in northern India, police said Monday.

The remains were suspected to be from corpses thrown into the pond after autopsies because they had no claimants, said Aligarh city police chief Maan Singh Chauhan. The discovery was made after the pond recently dried up.

(BBC) "Since the place is near to mortuary and there are marks similar to post-mortem on a few skulls, so as per primary investigation we can say that this might be related to mortuary," inspector Asim Arun said.

"But we don't want to directly reach to the conclusion. We want all the investigation process to complete and all the experts to analyse it then only we can reach some conclusion," he added.

"Children were playing and came here to get their ball. A child saw a skull. He got scared and ran away. We then came here and saw that behind the jail there is not one but thousands of skulls here.

"Digging is continuing... let's see how many more will be found," he said.

Link to CNN Source

Link to BBC source

- This is quite bizarre. A lot of Skeletons and Skulls have been found in India lately, I wonder if these 100 skulls have anything in common? A lot of which the skeletons have been of Children.

That includes this article here:

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Piranha]

Mod Note: How to Quote– Please Review This Link.

[edit on Mon May 25 2009 by Jbird]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This is really grotesque. I hope they are not mass graves of some killings. If they were bodies to be disposed off after a police autopsy, how can they land up in a pond?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
This story is relatively strange one. It is a bizarre case because the seem to be trying to make up stories, to cover for them selfs? Why would hundreds of bodies from autopsies just be dumped into a lake?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
This is really grotesque. I hope they are not mass graves of some killings. If they were bodies to be disposed off after a police autopsy, how can they land up in a pond?

Just probably being cheap and lazy on the morgues part. It costs money to cremate and also to pay somebody for the labor of digging a grave for burial.

Yup cheap and lazy. Now they'll end up paying for it anyway.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The date of the CNN story is from 5/25/09, is this around the actual time they were found, the reason I am asking is because on a tv drama show "Ghost Wisperer a month or so ago, this same scenario showed up, where a mortician could not afford to cremate his clients, so he thew the bodies in a lake, I believe there were lke hundreds of them. It is interesting the similarity to this story and the one in a television show.

< - - - edit to add - - - >

Still sick either way.

[edit on 5/27/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
In Hinduism cremation is the method of burial with the ashes to be thrown in the Ganges or lacking the Ganges a body of water.

Certain people are not cremated, children below a certain age, holy men Sanyasi, certain lower castes don't have the privilege and those who die of certain diseases are also not burned. Casting into a body of water is an alternative.

Probably just cheapness in this case however

top topics

join