It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the Bank!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
If the bank "accidentally" put a $10,000,000 overdraft into your account, what would you do?

well the people withdrew 3.8 million and flew away to china... yes, they did.

Westpac millions case: Relative returns home

The world is built against us.
If you accidentally transfered $3000 into an account but you got the account number wrong, its your problem. YOU LOSE!
but
when the bank accidently transfers 10 million into your bank and you make off with it, its your problem!

how backwards is this world.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Running away with money that is not yours is "THEFT". Plain and Simple!
The contract was for 10,000 and sadly some poor soul accidentally deposited 10 million. When you sign for 10,000 you are entitled to ten thousand and ten thousand only. No more. So it is theft.

I personally would give it back, each and every cent! It's not my money in the first place, and if I were to take that money I would be living a lie for the rest of my life. In my eye's, stealing and running away with money that is not your's to begin with is NOT what to do.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Piranha]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Piranha

Thats fair, honest, and considerate.

But for me honestly, i'd take it and run like hell was behind my arse every step!

Thats me though, it's pixels to them but cold hard cash to me, i'd withdraw my limit for the week then begone forever, you'd never see my face again, and if you did, you could bet your arse that wasn't really me!

IMHO that's what i'd do. Screw the gov't and its' money of pixels, help the poor and do whatever I can first then worry about myself, given the oppurtunity I would do the best thing not give it back, sometimes we have to realize the right thing and the better right thing to do, it's there money legally, but rationally it's a pixel to them, put out of place.

First place i'd go africa, and buy them water purifers, then when notice came, move on, although the gov't would take them away i'd keep supplying them!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Piranha

For me though it's a hard opinion to have, but the ends justify the means, albeit it lives lost is not justifiable. In this case it'd be lives saved.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
My heart would say make a run for it, but my brains say give it back.

But anyways, in the long run they will always catch you!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Good luck to them and GOD SPEED

Its great to see someone rip-off the scum that milk everyone for their last cent, then play to there own tune (while the world suffers a financial crises); yet they still manage to rake in billions of profit

Banks make me sick.
Anyone that has simpathy for them, and can't see that they are the biggest thieves in modern day society should do one of 2 things:
1) Go and join them; at least you'll be in good company then, and you may actually find someone there, as brainwashed as you- that may actually like you.Shmuck!
2) Just end it now! Society certainly need anymore blood-suckers like you; we've already got enough thankyou: i) the governments, ii)Corporatedom iii) Corporate Bankers.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Hold on a moment, it's not always the banks money, especially in a country like NZ. A lot of that money has come from the members of that bank.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
you see, i'm not condoning theft. and i'm not backing the banks.
its a clear cut case of when "the shoe is on the other foot."

the bank rips you off hardcore.... for example:
#I pay bank monthly fees
#I pay for atm transactions
#I pay for eftpos transactions.
#They pay 0.001c on the dollar interest every month i keep my money in their bank.

i want a bank statement every quarter. there's $7 each quarter.
i want to transfer money from account to savings in the same bank. there's $7 each transfer.
i want a statement randomly from the branch. there's $2.

Why the # do i pay bank fees when they charge me for everything anyway?

so now the shoes on the other foot.
$3.8 million? thank you. bye bye.

*at least they didn't take the whole 10

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
oops!

[edit on 25/5/09 by spearhead]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Piranha

westpac is a multi-national bank so i'm sure the general populace won't miss out on anything. and that's the point
the banks make billions of dollars profit with money that is not really theirs. so in turn they loan out money that is not really theirs.

the end result is they are lining their own pockets with money that is not really theirs. the reason the bank is making such a big stink about it and will go to any length to get the money back is, its come out of their thick walled pockets.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Piranha

Hold on a moment, it's not always the banks money, especially in a country like NZ. A lot of that money has come from the members of that bank.

If a drug dealer gets ripped-off thousands of dollars, do you feel sorry for them?
Some hard working people paid honest dough for that product

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yeah, its definatly not an honest thing to do. I would really give the money back because other people (innocent people) are losing out.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by planetabove

Yeah, its definatly not an honest thing to do. I would really give the money back because other people (innocent people) are losing out.

You can not be serious. Even when they get there 10 million back(a pittance to them); they will keep on screwing the communitites of the world for every last cent.
As financial experts have stated: Banks are the experts in applying levys' and charges. Not to mention the profits raked while everyone else suffers.
Have simpathy for someone that actually deserves it.

top topics

join