It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War of The Words

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
We have all heard the news today; North Korea has popped off another nuke in order to make the world a scarier place.

What really bothers me is the total lack of response ONCE AGAIN by the entire world. How long do we, the non-North Korean nations of the world, plan on letting this little emperor continue to play this game of chicken? I think it is time to take his toys away, but instead our ever-pragmatic leaders will muddle through this situation with noncommittal "strong" words and an absolute lack of action.

Well, we've again responded by throwing some bombs of our own, but ours are made of words, and not even 4-letter words. Our bombs are duds.

Check out this bravery:

Japan says N.Korea nuclear test "unacceptable"
Reuters
Didn't they say that last time, too?

US 'gravely concerned'
Brietbart
Gravely! That's like as concerned as it's physically possible to be! WOW!

Britain calls test a 'clear breach' of UN resolutions
Brietbart
Thanks for clarifying. We were all a little confused.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by spaznational]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by spaznational]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Interesting that the font size tags work fine in the preview but fail in the actual forum post. wtf guys

^that is the 3rd time I've typed that sentence. I tried to edit my original post TWICE and both times the edits (ie, the above sentence) don't show up. Just the "edited by" tag. wtf again

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Maybe people think if they pretend ol' Kim-jong (or would it be "ol' Jong-il"?) isnt there, he'll magically go away. And of course they didn't use four letter words, those words are yucky. God forbid as adults, we use adult language.

Since Britain is calling them out on a UN resolutions breach, if the UN doesn't take action (in whatever form that would be, I don't know the consequences) doesnt that prove that all the UN is, is a bunch of politicians making sure they get diplomatic immunity? Seems to me thats the only thing they enforce nowadays. Hopefully im wrong.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spaznational

What really gets me, is who do the people of the world think they are to tell the N. Koreans that they can't have nukes? Or Iran, or anyplace else? The US has nukes, yet I don't see anyone telling us we can't have our toys. We've even used ours. You can't tell a sovereign nation they can't have something because of something they might do... Oh wait, I guess you can now. Considering all the laws we have now in the US, and all of the other ones they are talking about, you know the ones. Where they jail you forever for something you might do...

Chrono

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

I don't know man, Kim Jong-Il is pretty unstable. He's not the type of guy you want having nukes. Its not really so much saying he might use them, its that hes going to threaten people (possibly his own people, look at how they're treated) with them and if he really flips out, he WILL use them. This guy isn't responsible with taking care of his own people, there's no way he can be responsible with nuclear weapons. Hell, he might be dead. According to one Japanese professor (Toshimitsu Shigemura) he died in 2003 from diabetes and all of his public appearances are done by look-a-likes in order to keep his people from knowing. That doesn't sound like a government that needs nuclear weapons to me.

new topics

top topics

join