It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Obituaries from 2001: Are all Passengers accounted for in their Hometowns?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Did anyone here investigate the hometown newspapers of all Passengers from the 9/11 tragedy. I did receive a newspaper on September 12, 2001 with the names and photographs of almost every passenger and crew member from the World Trade Center disaster but I do not remember any from Shanksville or the Pentagon.

In most cases when someone dies a tragic death they make the front page of their Hometown papers so an Obituary notice could be found there or Online with a list of replies from friends and family, it's called a Guestbook.

Also some papers will tell you where a person is laid to rest and you could Google Earth their final resting place.

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up, so I'm just wondering here.

It could happen...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I think you are really onto something.
Forget about the authorities admitting anything or offering proof.
The proof lies in death certificates and like you side Obituaries or lack of.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Hello Flighty,

I've lost a few relatives myself to tragedy and my local newspaper leaves a space on the Front page or Metro section for that person.

I believe the 9/11 victims would have made the front page of their newspapers too.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well, even if all the passengers were found out to be dead, doesn't mean prove either side of the argument really. It would only make a difference if you can disprove at least one passenger's death.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OrangeJuice

It is really strange that these aren't in online newspapers or their archives.
I'd also imagine that the towns where these victims were from would also have had public memorial services too, which often happens with big tragedies like this.
These services presumably would have been covered by the local media too.

But as you say, it's impossible to know if a list of victims isn't available to conduct a search with anyway.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Flighty]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The United States of America lost an entire class of schoolchildren on Flight 77 there should be records of their deaths in their local newspapers. Do their parents exist? Not one became a vocal advocate against terrorism..a Cindy Sheehan perhaps?

What about the Elementary school where they attended, there would have been tons of teddy bears, and cards left at the school or maybe in front of the Pentagon.

Something wrong with this picture yet?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

I would hope that all of the dead are accounted for. If not that would mean the Passengers vanished during the crash of these planes and in their Hometowns. How could anyone forget to put them in the paper?..

I did see one funeral for the guy that said let's roll. His wife was an FBI agent. She appeared on the news a few times.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by OrangeJuice]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

A brief search, and I found this:

www.inmemoriamonline.net...

AND this:

www.usatoday.com...

Here's something further:
(sorry, I'm going to cry...)

projects.washingtonpost.com...

[edit on 5/25/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Hi weedwhacker,

I've heard of this site but do they exist also in their hometowns. A tribute or something for the children that died that day, crew, journalists. It's as if the parents didn't exist, anyone hear from the loved ones at 9/11 memorials?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I attended a memorial held at a high school in Arlington, VA, for AAL77 victims. (Incidentally, it is the same high-school the actress Sandra Bullock attended - can't think of its name off-hand...)

Don't remember much that day...it was cold, and in January. Too emotional.

I also attended the service for the First Officer, David Charlesbois, as he was an acquaintance of some friends. I, like most of his colleaugues from AAL, wore my airline uniform to honor him. His family was in attendance -- one disappointment, though, was his life-partner Tom was not acknowledged as significant.

Although it was in a Catholic Church, and a Catholic ceremony, I still found that disrespectful.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I see that some names from Flight 77 come up as clusters on different websites instead of individual deaths in their hometowns. I'm not sure if the most popular searches come up first due to ongoing 9/11 investigations from regular citizens..... or not.

I'll keep searching though they could have been misplaced over the years...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

It is a fact that all four 9-11 flights were headed to LAX (Los Angeles) and SFO (San Francisco) in California, and both airports were closed and evacuated by authorities so the American public would not wonder why no families showed up grieving and asking questions about the alleged passengers.

(all times Eastern):

12:04 p.m. -- Los Angeles International Airport, the destination of three of the hijacked airplanes, is closed and evacuated.

12:15 p.m. -- San Francisco International Airport, the destination of United Airlines Flight 93, which crashed in Pennsylvania, is closed and evacuated.

www.foxnews.com...

12:04 p.m. Los Angeles International Airport evacuated. (Interestingly, no family or friends are seen waiting for the hijacked flights due to land there.)

www.911conspiracy.tv...

[edit on 5/25/09 by SPreston]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SPreston

Again, Preston. Your "Facts" are not...

Just look at the 'foxnews' timeline. Then, tell us if they are all in Eastern time, or not.

Your second linked 'proof' (from a 9/11 conspiracy site!!!:lol
simply parrots what seems to come from 'foxnews'.

BTW, there was a bomb threat called in to LAX -- hence, the evacuation. Jeeze!! It's obvious that an abundance of caution led to the SFO evac.

AND, these events occured at, when? Just after 12 Noon, EDT, correct?

Any guesses as to the ETA of jets leaving the East Coast at about 0830?

Hint: Here's a flight from today, courtesy of FlightAware.com-

Aircraft Boeing 767-300 (twin-jet) (H/B763/Q)
Origin Boston Logan Intl (KBOS - track or info)
Destination Los Angeles Intl (KLAX - track or info)
Other flights between these airports
Route GLYDE CTR HNK ULW JHW CXR PIA J96 IRK
J96 SLN J102 LAA J102 ALS J110 RSK J64
PGS RIIVR2 (Decode)
Date Monday, May 25, 2009
Duration 5 hours 34 minutes
Status Arrived over an hour ago (track log)
Scheduled Actual/Estimated
Departure 08:34AM EDT 08:25AM EDT
Arrival 11:13AM PDT 10:59AM PDT
Speed 456 kts
Altitude 32000 feet

Another hint: 1113 PDT is 1413 EDT. IF LAX is evacuated, on 9/11/2001 at 1204 EDT, then it would have been 0904 PDT in LAX. Hardly seems likely people would be awaiting the arrivals that early....

AND, with light loads, lots of biz pax...they probably either had cars parked there, were going to rent, etc, etc,...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Not everyone would have had an obituary. My mother never got one in the local paper when she died last year.

Not everyone has friends, family, or loved ones to survive them and thus, write some sort of tribute/memorial. It happens quite often, especially if one's family is already dead, or one is estranged from family, and perhaps not social. People die quite often without anyone to claim their bodies or person effects.

Thosde links were sad indeed, weedwhacker.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Maybe you could have requested one for your mom. She is special to you and always in your memory?

I'm going through the list of names that weedwhacker provided and I do see some people have very few friends or family..

9/13/2001

I didn't know her, but her name was Barbara, and mine is too. I want to express my sadness for your loss. No words can say how sorry I feel for all of the people who lost their lives due to that senseless violence against our country. Barbara

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.arrangeonline.com...

This post was strange, but who knows what people can leave on Guestbooks.? It was for Barbara Edwards.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Yes, the key was requested. To get an obituary, generally, someone has to notify the papers that you passed away. If no one bothers to notify, then no obituary.

Considering that many of the victims died and were autopsied/identified far from their home towns, it is not unreasonable for some obituaries to be missing.

In the case of my mom, she did not get one because she did not want one. She felt that the people she cared about would know that she passed away, and anyone else, she'd rather they not know. She used to look at obituaries in the paper, and it always made her depressed. She wanted no such thing when she passed. Our memorial and service was enough.

Some people might have desired this as well, not liking to be remembered as victims or have obituaries.

Just something to think about.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Plenty of town newspapers do not have online versions....especially in smaller towns.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Even if the airports were closed and evacuated, there would still be a LOT of people outside of it totally confused wondering where the heck their loved ones were and what the heck was going on.

I saw footage of LAX airport and it was no activity there at all.
You could see outside through the glass doors and there was NO ONE THERE.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Evacuating the airport includes THE PERIMETER and surrounding areas as well, so of course there would be no activity. No one would be even allowed in the parking lot.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

I did not see the bomb threat for LAX or SFO... Even if evacuations were the case there would still be a makeshift point of recovery for the families and friends waiting in California. ... So

Were the loved ones in California waiting at another airport?

and did the news media interview them and tell them that there may be a hijacked situation on the East Coast preventing the Flights from arrival?

anyone see those West Coast relatives waiting somewhere else?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join