It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comment on the colour coding status stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The thread on the subject won't let me post a comment so here is what I wrote up and would like to post because it expresses my feelings on the subject:

This new system is not very encouraging to me. I can't believe I am an apprentice. Is there a course I can take so I can get this changed somehow? I am not a fan of this at all. This makes me feel like a loser. Over at ebay if you get one policy violation as a seller you get a red bar that states your seller policy compliance is "Very Low". This then sits on your homepage for 45 days to six months depending on arbitrary rulings from above. It is similarly not encouraging.

Internet is serious business.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Hello,

Being the first response here i would like to inform you that no amount of digital information can represent you as an entity. I care not what points or what color bars are being used as my objective is to co interact with other people who share or who perhaps can expand my horizons on topics which have not been available to myself.

The digital figure cannot represent your knowledge but does allow other members to evaluate the level of activity within a site as to take notice or track individual responses to posts which you have been actively engaged in.

Its a natural part of distinguishing who is a non active member or a member who has contributed to a topic with content relevant and worth while to investigate.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Its a natural part of distinguishing who is a non active member or a member who has contributed to a topic with content relevant and worth while to investigate.

I disagree.

All *active member* means is the person is posting - no reflection at all on the content of the posts which could be trash.

Just because someone posts more is no indication of relevancy or a *worth while* contribution - which in my opinion would make the creator of a quality post much more an *active member* than someone who posts multiple times with little content.

Just one post, well thought out, well written, meaningful and relevant is worth more than ten thousand *blah blah blahs*.

As for the new system I don’t like it either, but, I’ve kept mum on it.

I’d like there to be an option hide this *ranking* - a *tic box* in the account set up that allows us to *hide* or *show* ranking in the avatar.

In fact I’ve noticed some post without any ranking at all and wondered how I can get my avatar to *look like that*.

Added note:

Being the first response here i would like to inform you that no amount of digital information can represent you as an entity.

I’d like you to start a thread on this - if you do let me know and I will reply.
I don't agree.
I also don’t agree with people who say the computer life is not *real life*.
But I can’t and wont go into any more of that here as it would stray from the topic.

Flag for the OP!

peace

[edit on 25-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The proper place for this...

Is here:

The ATS Issues Thread

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join