It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cavs sign ownership deal with China Group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
So now China is going to start taking ownership of our sporting teams. Granted they only have 15% ownership in the team but the fact that a foreign group has any part of of an U.S team. I have heard that China is buying up property throughout the country, but now this? Property, businesses, sporting teams, perhaps states are next?

sports.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Ap8ghlRAlqJIkpTrjyhU3z45nYcB?slug=ap-cavaliers-chinaownership&prov=ap&type=lgns

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

It's not the first time something like this has happened in sports. The Seattle Mariners majority owner since 1992, has been Nintendo's former president Hiroshi Yamauchi.

The NBA is becoming huge in China, thanks to NBA players Yao Ming and Yi Jilian. Part ownership in an NBA franchise was just a matter of time.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

States are next?

Dude it's time to wake up and smell the dog poo!!

Why do you think your trash is still getting picked up, because of the taxes you pay? Your trash is getting picked up every wednesday because China and India are giving bankrupt states in America money.

America has no credit with foreign counties any more but America still has assets like the land you live on. Welcome to China my friend.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Izarith]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

States are next?

Why do you think your trash is still getting picked up, because of the taxes you pay? Your trash is getting picked up every wednesday because China and India are giving bankrupt states in America money.

America has no credit with foreign counties any more but America still has assets like the land you live on. Welcome to China my friend.

Um, ok. I appreciate being told what I already know, but if it makes you feel better about yourself to tell me to "wake up" then you can have your moment. In response to you bringing up "States are next" I'm talking about officially, as opposed to officially.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina

Originally posted by Izarith

States are next?

Um, ok. I appreciate being told what I already know, but if it makes you feel better about yourself to tell me to "wake up" then you can have your moment. In response to you bringing up "States are next" I'm talking about officially, as opposed to officially.

Oh, Ok.

I'll just take my moment and move on.

Tanks Izzy.

new topics

top topics

join