It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military at Balloon Festival In South Carolina (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Ran across this video and found it a bit disturbing. This happened in Greenville SC at Freedom Weekend Aloft. According to the person who recorded the video, the military was performing a bag check as well (source). Isn't that a violation of Posse Comitatus? It seems like we're being slowly introduced to the military taking a the role of law enforcement. "They" just assume that if they slowly get us used to the idea, we'll just accept it and not question it. Scary times...

TA

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Here is the website for the Freedom Weekend Aloft festival. It takes place May 22nd - May 25th. The person responsible for the video posted it on May 23, so i assume that's when this took place. I see no reason the military should be present at something like this.

TA

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
They look like volunteer busybodies playing dress up but I didn't see any guns. Who is going to go mob a balloon festival? Anyway it seems to me that if they expected something to happen they wouldn't give perps a heads-up on where all the law enforcers are by dressing completely different from the crowd and exhibitors.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I guess the only logical thing to do would be to approach one of these dudes and ask em about why they are checking bags and then lead into whatever other questions you'd like answered like; "Are you on active duty and with what branch of the military?"
Presumptions can be rather misleading and they could have a legit reason to be there, but until someone does a little digging, all we can do is make stuff up.

top topics

join