It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Amendment being Destroyed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

"Reality check?" Your post is completely misleading, at best. My guess is it's intentional disinfo. No one could actually believe what you just posted.

The 'gun amendment" was just THAT, an amendment attached to Obama's "must have" credit card bill that he'd VOWED to sign.

(Not that his vows are any good, or that the bill helps consumers. It is generally agreed that the main result of the bill will be higher interest rates for even the best customers, and less credit available to those who need it to 'jump-start' spending.)

And, the story is right.

Liberal policies require that the Constitution, laws, sense and fairness must fall before an "ends by any means"political agenda.

Michael Barone has summed it up well in a recent article: "Gangster Government." www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Guess who it describes.

Deny Ignorance!

jw

[edit on 28-5-2009 by jdub297]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Here we go. Just saw this link posted in a BAN article. Looks like the couple finally came forward with their names. The link also contains a video interview. So it does seem legitimate:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

It's all very well and good to be outraged about this. I certainly am. The next, and most important, question is this one. What do you, and I, and rest of America do about it?

Yes, we need to do something. I know I am doing something, by trying to publicize what is happening. Some would be amazed at how few people really understand what is going on, right beneath their noses. In fact, one of the main reasons I joined ATS is to continue to try to educate people concerning issues that are poorly understood. Of course, ATS only reaches a small audience. On my part, I also spread the word to relatives, friends, and neighbors, and in fact, anyone that will listen. The light of day, and the light of knowledge is the best way to eliminate the mold that has spread across this country.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ashley, thanks for posting the Fox and Friends interview. I believe it is the only one that actually has Rev. Jones on the video clip. You'd never see it on MSNBC or CNN. Seagull also provided a video, but that one just had the news reporter. This entire incident highlights the point I made in my reply to seagull, namely how things like this never make it to the average American. The news is so controlled. Think about it, this story is of extreme importance, and I am sure the average American has no knowledge of it. It is imperative that those of us that do know of such articles, spread the word.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is really nothing new. Cities have been shutting down all kinds of religous gatherings in homes for years. Its a zoning thing. Proper zoning for regularmeeting places is different than from a private home

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rken2

Its a zoning thing. Proper zoning for regularmeeting places is different than from a private home

They can call it whatever they want. It still doesn't change the fact that they are violating the First Amendment by doing so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join