It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire Club in Bid to Curb Overpopulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

www.timesonline.co.uk

America's richest people meet to discuss ways of tackling a "disastrous" environmental, social and industrial threat

SOME of America’s leading billionaires have met secretly to consider how ..to slow the growth of the world’s population...

The philanthropists who attended a summit convened on the initiative of Bill Gates, the Microsoft co-founder, discussed joining forces to overcome political and religious obstacles to change.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This group is identified as the "Good Club" (that's a new one to me...) and includes names like David Rockefeller Jr, Warren Buffett, George Soros, Michael Bloomberg, Ted Turner, and Oprah Winfrey. The group of billionares is specifically aimed at population reduction, (surprise surprise).

I find it exquisitely interesting, as well, that the article specifically notes the group's focus on religious themes in connection with population reduction.

A rare and valuable MSM disclosure of the maggots that, as we all know, are constantly wriggling behind the scene...

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/24/09 by silent thunder]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The "bbc" did not meet in secret, this is yearly function and has nothing do to with secrecy. Its just the media cannot or dare not air such a function for obvious reasons.

Look, there are people who make in a day what a generation would probably be able to achieve, that does not make them evil, perhaps their gifted in what they are doing as an athlete is in his own respect. I thought i should post this as its a common conception that a successful person in business is always associated in some evil or diabolic cult.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
We will witness tragedies in the future as a result of human overpopulation. We act as if we live in a mall where food and drink and other "necessities" of life just magically appear because our great ancestors made a perfect society and we are just surfing the wave of progress. Actually we are just animals. Nothing wrong with that, I happen to love animals. Like animals we live in ecosystems with other animals and plants in which we compete for water, food and shelter. Nature balances itself, populations crash, we are smart enough to manage ourselves.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
We may indeed be heading towards an overpoulated world, which could result in any number of tragedies. On the other hand, however, I do not believe it is morally defensible for a group of ultra-wealthy individuals to be deciding who gets to live and who gets to die, or how they get to live and die, or when. Nor do they have the human right to be tampering with reproduction. This is simply beyond the moral pale of the kinds of decisions humans can consciously make, in my opinion.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
however, I do not believe it is morally defensible for a group of ultra-wealthy individuals to be deciding who gets to live and who gets to die, or how they get to live and die, or when.

Have you ever read those tests on overpopulated rats and mice. They say rats will developed a hierarchy when overpopulated. Those closest to the food supply will grow faster and become higher in social status because of their size.

If it works with rats, they say it works with humans, those names like David Rockefeller Jr, Oprah Winfrey ect. are higher in social status, thus they could decide who lives who dies...

[edit on 25-5-2009 by imitator]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think we should be exploring space already (if it was'nt for them classifying technology), and should be well past worrying about over population. Theres enough to go around! I think the bankers just want us living in society based on scarcity so they can maintian control. These billionaires must realise this, no?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitator

Originally posted by silent thunder
however, I do not believe it is morally defensible for a group of ultra-wealthy individuals to be deciding who gets to live and who gets to die, or how they get to live and die, or when.

Have you ever read those tests on overpopulated rats and mice. They say rats will developed a hierarchy when overpopulated. Those closest to the food supply grow faster and become higher in social status because of their size.

If it works with rats, they say it works with humans, those names like David Rockefeller Jr, Oprah Winfrey ect. are higher in social status, thus they could decide who lives who dies...

[edit on 25-5-2009 by imitator]

Its interesting to me that after the plague in Medieval Europe took 1/3 of the population, the balance of power tipped away from the nobility and more towards the peasantry. Life was still tough for the lower classes. but labor was scarcer, so lords had to treat peasants nicer to keep them working, or else they'd go work for another noble who would be happier to have them. There was more "stuff" to go around...people could move into bigger houses of those who had died, or appropriate their posessions. It was harder to enforce rules and there was more freedom and more movement of people drifing around. Some scholars have even positied this was a very important factor in the long-term move away from a medieval system and towards a the emergence of modern democracy.

This is one argument that weakens the NWO/Depopulation theories; it seems the wealthy would have comparitively more power and have an easier time lording it over people if the population was higher, rather than lower.

However, there may be a critical point at which the pressures of population become so great as to threaten "the system." This might be what we are approaching now, and why so many of the big names are pushing for de-population.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
If anybody bothers to read the article, they were discussing improving health care and education in third world countries on the theory that if the people in those countries weren't busy worrying about malaria and had access to and knowledge of pregnancy prevention methods they would have less children. Thus slowing, or stopping eventually, the problem of overpopulation. The article says nothing about killing people off or deciding who lives and who dies.

I know it's fun to speculate, but at least read the article provided before launching into speculation land.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Ongoing thread here, in the NWO forum:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Isnt it funny if you say that to somebody they will thing you are a conspiracy nut job, but show them its written in the times, and oh ofcourse they know already its no ecret its obvious thats whats going on!

hu hu hu people eh? what is it that they want to be spoon fed their info. well just lazyness i guess. im lazy in other ways, i guess were only human.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Why all the secrecy? “They wanted to speak rich to rich without worrying anything they said would end up in the newspapers, painting them as an alternative world government,” he said

TO LATE!!

With a line up like that, talking about "over population" what else are people going to think? I swear these rich people need to get the F over themselves thinking they're somehow better then everyone and can make decisions for them, just because they've figured out how to exploit themselves & other people.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Dammit, what happened to our swine flu plan?

Is there any way to make it more lethal now?

I knew we should have went with the weaponized small pox and made it look like a terrorist attack.

Is anyone still working on the plan to get nukes in the hands of the terrorists or did we scrap that plan?

Where is my drink?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I think there is another issue here. As soon as someone talks about over population in the MSM it automatically causes people to take notice simply because the MSM almost NEVER talks about over population. It is a big issue and IMHO the biggest issue we face.

The MSM would rather keep us busy talking about how the swine flu has killed a few hundred people even though the regular flu has already killed 15,000 in US alone between January and June this year.

Human over poulation isn't a coming problem. It's a problem now. If we don't take steps to curb it, we will soon get to a point where we have to decide who lives and who dies, or someone else will make that decision for us.

In any animal species the population will continue to grow exponentially with no predators and ample food and space. This will continue past an optimal point only so far before droppping off drastically. The further past this optimal point the population reaches before starting to drop, the more drastic the poulation drop.

Unfortunately we have passed this optimal point for human population on this planet years ago and one way or another the drop is coming.

David Suzuki put it this way;
"Imagine a test tube full of a growth medium. A single bacteria is dropped in. After one minute, the cell divides – there are now two bacteria. This happens each minute, so as a result, the population doubles each minute. There is 60 minutes worth of medium in the test tube. At the 59th minute, the test tube is only 50% full of bacteria. At the 58th minute, it’s 25% full; with only 3 minutes left, the tube is just 12.5% full. Imagine, with only 3 minutes before the bacteria completely exhausted the resources that sustains their life, one of them figures this out and tells the others. The response might have been laughter. They could have dismissed the warning; “look at all this space and food we have around us.” But what if they recognized the danger and they are so smart that they figure out a way to create new worlds for them to live in – 3 new test tubes, so they now have four test tubes in which to stretch and live. At the 61st minute, two tubes would be full. And after one more minute, all four test tubes would be full with no food remaining."

Our population has been doubling over our specie’s existence. In David Susuki's lifetime, the Earth’s population has grown from 2 billion to 6 billion. If humans were the bacteria and the test tube is the Earth, we are now at 59+half minutes. “We are in the 59th minute.”

The MSM seems to have a responsibilty to help maintain the markets and so will never report actual news about real issues. They would rather keep us distracted with stories about celebrities and help spin horrible wars for profit into justifiable wars against "Terror".

When I hear people saying things like "we are moving towards an overpopulated planet" or "we are moving towards an Orwellian regime" I realize just how effective the MSM is. If people would just turn off their TV and look around they would see that these things are already here. Turn off your TV, it lies to you.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

But the problem is that these people, as well as the rest of TPTB think they can make decisions for us, and that "they know what is best for us all", when this is far from the truth and this is a form of dictatorial rule.

The fact that they are meeting to see how their money could help depopulate the world should tell you this is for nothing good, sorry to say.

The world does not need "depopulation", we need these rich people with their rich copanies to be more responsible for what they do, and the people they employ. Plus they need to find ways to bring up new jobs, and help the people, instead of mulling over on how to "depopulate".

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
The "bbc" did not meet in secret, this is yearly function and has nothing do to with secrecy. Its just the media cannot or dare not air such a function for obvious reasons.

Look, there are people who make in a day what a generation would probably be able to achieve, that does not make them evil, perhaps their gifted in what they are doing as an athlete is in his own respect. I thought i should post this as its a common conception that a successful person in business is always associated in some evil or diabolic cult.

I have to agree. And though I don't want to be part of the population that is controlled, I do agree that it must happen.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by freddieb]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by tristar

But the problem is that these people, as well as the rest of TPTB think they can make decisions for us, and that "they know what is best for us all", when this is far from the truth and this is a form of dictatorial rule.

The fact that they are meeting to see how their money could help depopulate the world should tell you this is for nothing good, sorry to say.

The world does not need "depopulation", we need these rich people with their rich copanies to be more responsible for what they do, and the people they employ. Plus they need to find ways to bring up new jobs, and help the people, instead of mulling over on how to "depopulate".

Hello,

I guess about know i should begin to respond to your answer, although i must apologize as my online time has been limited to a great extent for reasons beyond my control.

In reference to your first paragraph,

Given the social order and ideas that have developed and were planned from the end of the second world war, we can all see that social order and recognition has almost dissolved into a mechanism that can manipulate without any pressure on how the selected citizens(any nation) can think and express their so called opinion. A brief look at your news or news papers will reflect a pattern in social order. You obviously can see the violence and the embedded ideology of what one interprets as his right. What the social order fails to recognize is that social order has been predefined even before those who are currently fighting for it were even conceived as idea between a female and male. As i have said throughout this site, we are a product of our environment.

They do not actually meet to discuss how to depopulate the world, as that only requires a simple war and you have several tens of thousand, if you are planing a reduction then you obviously include world governing bodies so the general society immediately accepts that dying for a cause which has already been pre-defined is and will seem as a natural course of existence.

The world does not need "depopulation", we need these rich people with their rich companies to be more responsible for what they do, and the people they employ. Plus they need to find ways to bring up new jobs, and help the people, instead of mulling over on how to "depopulate".

The dilemma has always been and will always remain the same, to break it down in simple terms, you cannot have an omelet without breaking eggs.
How many eggs are to be broken so we can satisfy out hunger. This is why there are so many people within every nation who validate their thoughts either through ideas which seem threatening to their ideology or threatening to the social order for a personal gain. As a flock of sheep needs its shepherd to be directed so it can be fed and be kept safe, so too does the human race require the equivalent.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Now if they used their billions to help elevate every man woman and child on this rock to a state above destitute we wouldnt have an over population problem since birth numbers tend to be tied to the economic level of the people. The more better off a people are the less children they tend to have (not always the case but hey).

The earth isnt over populated, and wont be for a long time coming... use all that air from secret talks to come up with cheaper cleaner fuels, cheaper and more healthy and efficient housing systems, environmentally friendly Buisness models and stop eating bloody meat so that wasted grain and pasture lands can go to housing and crop growth for 'FOOD' rather than bloody 'bio' fuel and our addiction to flesh.

heck use all that black budget cash, political bribes and lobbying cash and billionaires vault filler to spend on a damn endeavor to start housing our kind on other planets.

But no we'd rather continue as is, and keep hording colored paper rectangles. Which ultimately goes in their favor since it keeps them who are the wealthiest in power.

Given the statistics on the pollution levels and materials consumed per person... maybe all our problems would be over if America depopulated.

j/k
... or am I?

[edit on 27-5-2009 by BigfootNZ]

new topics

top topics

join