It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check your Banking accounts for a $72.21 WD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Check for a $72.21 with draw from your banking accounts.

If it say GOOGLE CHEST Merchant_5969

There maybe a problem!!!!

Someone locally told me that someone had accessed their accounts.
I checked mine & was unable to get into the bank online.
My debit cards did not work either.

Today the site was back up.
Today this charge showed up in my account.

Checked online & found a lot of posts about trouble for the same amount from the same "Google Chest".

My other bank is unable to be accessed today.
I hope this is not going to be the same story when it comes back up.

I hope this is not a s##t storm that they have been predicting aginst the banking sector again....

1 101010

Check your Accounts !!!! ----- Watcher

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Are you in the U.S.? and what banks or is all banks?
Not trying to be personal.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by n120by60w

Care to provide any links, ect...?

I googled the info you gave and nothing came up...

Could it be that you are in 'consumer' denial..?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't have one :-D. Off the grid for one year now. power the house with a wind and solar power and live off peanuts i grow my self. I've been pumping my own water. Shot a wild turkey for thanksgiving, won't be doing that again after 2 weeks of diarrhea.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I found this

www.complaintsboard.com...

alot of people are having the same problems.

www.google.com...

www.google.com...

if you do a search for google chest you can get alot of other info.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by sandman441]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If I even HAD $72.00 in my account ..they'd be lucky to find it LOL

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by n120by60w

yeah no problem. It's pretty crappy what they are doing.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This sounds like that scam where you can supposedly make money doing things on the internet related to google advertising. The info kit was supposedly free but then after a month the charge hits. Sound familiar?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Sounds like the same exact one.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Most of these cons are in the Terms and Conditions. Sometimes you see them with scratch and Wins in local papers where you have to send a text (SMS) msg for $10.00. But in the T & C's you are actually signing up for a monthly membership that requires you to opt out of.

So every mth now you wll be charged x amount of Dollars.

So don't be surprised to see that $72.21 show again next month on your bank acount.

This is the site....
Google TReasure Chest

Warning about above site
Beware of Google Treasure Chest

As you don't actually receive anything from them. You can probaly get your bank to do a charge back for the money....

Funny how these cons pop up every few years when new technology happens. It use to be those 0900 numbers that you had to pay for.

If its to good to be true then it IS

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
As you can see in paragraph 4 of the below quote there's your mystery amount.... of $72.21

If you choose to sign up for this product and pay the recurring monthly charges using a debit card you hereby provide pre-authorization and consent that googletreasurechest.com may charge seventy two dollars and twenty one cents on a monthly basis. .........................

The clever part is they rely on the fact no one reads T & C's and also they only write the numbers in alpha not numeric which is hard to pick-up on.

There nothing illegal about this as you choose to authorise the membership you just have to un-subscribe from the con........ which may not be the easiest to do.

Link to Sites Terms and Conditions

Terms & Conditions Advanced Consent

You understand that this consumer transaction involves your advanced consent (also called a negative option), and you may be liable for payment of future goods and services under the terms of this agreement if you fail to notify the supplier not to supply the goods or services described.........

Shipping & Other Fees

Upon submitting a request for Membership, a Member ID and Password are assigned to you and can be used to gain access to googletreasurechest.com. The initial shipping and handling charge of three dollars and eighty eight cents, includes the Income Treasure Chest Kit as well as seven days worth of access to the online directories and training. After seven days, if you choose not to cancel, you will be billed your first monthly membership fee of seventy two dollars and twenty one cents ...............

Upon submitting a request for Membership, a Member ID and Password are assigned to you and can be used to gain access to SafelockID.com. The initial shipping and handling of your SafelockID Kit is free of charge, and includes full access for twenty one days to enjoy and use SafelockID.com. After twenty one days, if you choose not to cancel you will be billed your first monthly membership fee of thirty eight dollars and eighty four cents for the membership fee for SafelockID.com. Membership fees will be charged to the credit card used by you to complete the transaction. If you're not satisfied for any reason, and cancel before the monthly charge is made, you will be charged only for the initial shipping and handling fee. Access is contracted on a month-to-month basis and can only be cancelled by calling customer service any time seven days prior to the payment date. Shipping and Handling Fees are not cancelable nor are they eligible for refund. No refunds of any kind will be issued after 7 days of any transaction date.

If you choose to sign up for this product and pay the recurring monthly charges using a debit card you hereby provide pre-authorization and consent that googletreasurechest.com may charge seventy two dollars and twenty one cents on a monthly basis. .........................

[edit on 24-5-2009 by greenfruit]

new topics

top topics

join