It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did North Korea just test a Nuke? YES they did!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

The typical lib response?

But who cares about North Korea man! Obama brought CHANGE! No, like seriously dude! He's got like change up the wazoo! He's got so much change to spare, he'll still be able to go out barbequeing on Memorial Day and still bring us Change man! CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGE!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Or instead of reacting with a fist bump. We could try grabbing our guns and pot shotting the heads of the people responsible? Just a thought since their actions as of late ARE treasonous, and last I checked, the charge for treason is death.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

The only requirement left to fulfill the start of WW3 is that of a military conflict spanning more than 2 continents. As soon as Israel attacks Palestine, or North Korea attacks South Korea or the US, or China invades Taiwan, we will have the next World War well underway.

www.threeworldwars.com...

I think the NWO are more to do with this than China. This has all been planned for a long long time.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I agree. Personally I think we should close all military bases around the globe and pull out and let the world fend for it self. We have everything we need resource wise right here in our own country the only reason we give into other countries demand's is because our politicians want to build an empire.

Then we don't have to worry about looking weak or diplomacy. The answer would be very clear mess with us and get wiped out. The situation the world finds itself in right now is like a person A trying to keep up with person B. While those two are trying to out do each other somebody else comes along and beats them both.

I don't think there really is any talking left to do. Action needs to be taken, but the UN and our allies have grown accustom to US being the "muscle" and they have no idea how to handle the situation.

It's just that I have a hard time believing that they are just now finding out that NK had plans to test a nuke. They have known about this for a while now and they are going to try to spin this into a political victory. The way things work though is that you can only spin things, lie, and manipulate very serious situations for political gain before it catches up with you.

Honestly, Obama could make a statement right now detailing the situation and send a message. He didn't though he is going to wait till tomorrow so he can stand up in front of the cameras and get all the attention. That is the reoccurring theme with him.

All this reeks of another lets use a serious crisis for political gain tactic. Also Obama just happens to be president right now, if it was McCain the reaction would be the same, put it off and use it for political gain.

I do have to admit though that this situation is very tough, and the action that needs to be taken needs to be well thought out, but for a president that one of his campaign platform pillars was nuclear disarmament and he hasn't even released a statement yet, seems well, weak.

That is where I'm coming from.

Edit - to change proliferation to disarmament.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The most stupid idea that man ever let enter his brain (specifically the elitist globalist douchebags) was to think that they could somehow become gods themselves. Man is not perfect, it will never change. To think otherwise is incredibly naive, and incredibly dangerous.

You'd think that from history, these globalists would've learned that lesson. If even Rome, the greatest empire at the time crumbled to dust due to the ego of these ceasars who proclaimed themselves to be "divine" or even Hitler, who considered his cause to be because of "heavenly providence" what exactly makes them think it will be different this time around?

You simply DO NOT mess with the indomitable will of the individual, especially when in huge numbers. As I see it, the globalists don't have the numbers to back up their ego. Just paper money. We all know how "valuable" that is especially when backed by debt don't we?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

So if it's the little nations that are going for the powergrab and siding with a superpower, Who will Russia side with? Russian relations with the US are obviously tense but it wouldnt make sense for them to straight up let China and N Korea or whoever sides with them to wage a huge war for if they came out on top it would just mean they have that much more of the upper hand over everybody. So its really getting to the boiling point in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see this unfold. Im guessing the "British Empire" will obviously side with the US. I'm not sure how Russia or the EU will fit in here. . .

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS:::

EFP::: EU says it is "Very Disturbed" by news that N.KOREA has launched a nuclear weapon.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I tend to take what North Korea says with a grain of salt, but i thought this warranted some attention. It is most likely another ploy by Il (or whoever is running the country these days) to draw attention and possibly get a payoff to stop what they say they are doing. They may very well have conducted the test, but judging from their recent rocket tests, it's doubtful they have the ability to launch said nukes.

TA

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
its not fear mongering unless you are afraid. i think its safe to say that most of us here were born under the constant looming threat of nuclear disater, knowing that at any moment the world could be set afire by some douchebag. if you were born any time after the end of WWII you have not known a world that couldn't be destroyed by humanity.

what's the big deal? so they want to sit on the porch with the big dogs. okay fine. we seem to be pretty attached to our nuclear arsenal. lets play a fair game. yeah, yeah, so Kim Jong Il is a crackpot... like we think any better of our own leaders.

heres an analogy: you're sitting in a smoke filled backroom, playing in an illegal high stakes poker game... do you want to be the only one sitting at the table without a loaded gun? well, neither does North Korea.

[edit on 25/5/2009 by gravykraken]

link   
reply to post by Question

I could not agree more with your assessment. For all this NWO talk and their power grap and everything they forgot a thing or two on how to deal with dictators, the Middle East and other issues.

Last week I was posting on a thread about the Bilderberg meeting and the list of attendees...it surprise me to not see one single Asian...Israeli or Arab on the list of attendees..NOT ONE!! How in the world you want to grab the world by a hand but dont have any control of what happens in the Middle East?

I mention on my post on that thread that maybe OPEC was the best thing to happen to this world, by keeping a tight grip on the supply of oil they have kept all these oligarchs in check and at the same time becoming major players in world events.

NWO power is somewhat overrated.

Edit to add: Back in the day the elite had more control in world affairs by being closely position in the US, UK and other western governments, but as the US and other countries become irrelevant in world affairs so becomes the power of these elitist IMO.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Bunch]

link   
reply to post by Question

Although I agree with most of what you are saying, I think they control more than just "paper money". They control many expansive military forces, Nuclear Arsenals and Vast amount of resources to say the least. That's more then just paper money.

link   
:O:O:O:O:O

LOOK AT THIS!!!

radar.weather.gov...

What the heck is that!? See the streak??

Now I know the missile N.Korea launched ws short range... but... what is this thing??

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Originally posted by Lannock
I'm just an ignorant South African, so I would like someone to explain something to me. Why is it OK for America World Police to have nukes, but noone else can?

I think the reason they dont want N.Korea or Iran having Nukes is that they are Extremist, Unstable with irrational leaders who would not think twice about using them for no reason.

That's all fine and well, but I'll shamelessly borrow someone else's analogy: it's like walking into a biker bar and kicking the biggest, nastiest looking biker in the bar in the nuts. Any sort of nuclear action any of those "irrational leaders" will take will pretty much gaurantee their own annihilation. Irrational, most definitely, but drooling-on-yourself stupid? I think not.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
From CNN
www.cnn.com...

"...North Korea remains "years and years" away from having a weapon it can put atop a long-range missile like those in the United States, Chinese or Russian arsenals, said Walsh, the international security analyst.

"Nothing good" can come from Monday's test, he said, "but it doesn't mean they're going to have a real working nuclear weapon tomorrow or next year."

The real threat here is the increased political leverage this will give to the North Koreans, especially in their dealings with Japan and South Korea. For America, however this has little more significance than Korea's previous test in 2006.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Yet if they are seriously considering playing in the bigs why would they show they are capable of launching said nukes. You know why not just give a display of trial and error with a failed launch and let everyone's opinion of you be underestimated? Then whip out the big guns at game time. You know if they can test nukes underground why not missiles hidden from the rest of the world? All it would take is a few added calculations and whala! I'm sure they have some top level scientists as every nation does.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Not too sure about Russia, but I am almost sure that China has to of approved of this, cause I just dont see the strategic reasoning for NK to do this alone without consent from anyone.
When it comes to Russia, can anyone ever really tell who they are going to side with? Russians are always so secretive its hard to tell what they will do(unless they already have picked a side and I am just not aware ofit), but thats how my view of the Russians have always been.
Im not authority on the subject, just my personal viewpoint.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I approve of this test. After all, you don't want to launch a dud nuke when push comes to shove.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by proximo

Excellent post. The people here who are calling for war obviously haven't put much thought into the issue.

This isn't the first successful nuclear test that NK has done. Let's not forget that he did the same thing under the Bush watchful eye of the Bush administration. The Bush administration (who seemed to be particularly fond of war) didn't think that war was the correct course of action. It doesn't make very much sense to slam Obama for being soft on the issue when we aren't even 24 hours removed from the detonation. Regardless of his course of action, it can't possibly be much softer than our long standing policies have been.

For the people calling for war.... how many people do you want to die for this? You need to understand that if we start a war with North Korea, they will immediately wipe Seoul off the map. They have massive amounts of deeply embedded artillery that is primed to rein down on Seoul at a moments notice. There is no way for us to preemptively take out this artillery, so Seoul is essentially a sacrificial lamb if and when we decide to go to war. Whatever parts of Seoul that are not annihilated from the artillery, will quickly be overrun with North Korean soldiers pouring out of the tunnels that they have prepared for this situation.

Since Seoul is populated by approximately 10,000,000 people en.wikipedia.org... you can count on millions of immediate deaths from conventional weapons. Are you willing to sacrifice millions of people to teach North Korea a lesson?

That isn't even taking into account the nuclear weapon issue. You can bet that North Korea would attempt to lob a nuke (if they have any remaining) into Japan. This would cause Japan to retaliate, which would most likely bring in China.....and on and on.

Do you really think it is worth all of that? The situation is far from simple and a military response carries massive consequences. There is a reason that previous administrations have not put a stop to North Korea's antics. There is very little to gain and everything to lose. It simply isn't worth it.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I agree with most of what you said but I think you are overlooking the potential implication of what a weak response to this development. Israel would be watching closely the response of the US and the world to this becasue they have already said to the US that they wont wait if they think their national security is in danger.

A weak response from the international community might push Israel to go it alone and start a conflict with Iran. So I this point it might be worth something to send a strong response to NK not neccesarily a military response but a strong response nonetheless.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
troubling indeed. The north korean government is very unstable--mentally that is. Nothing they/he would do would suprise me.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join