It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did North Korea just test a Nuke? YES they did!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hey thanks for the link Hellmutt - WOW that was written in 2006?
Awesome piece, will enjoy getting into the info and links.
kojac link is interesting too www.survivalring.org...

Hrmm

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
They also launched a missile as well. They are suicidal. Not even the Soviets were that nuts in their loony years. I wonder if China will get harsh with that lunatic now that he is shown that he is dumb enough to drag the full weight of the U.S. back into the area.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
What better way to use the vacant auto factories than to convert and build weapons for the next war to thin out the herd. In a very early post, someone wrote that they at least felt safer with Bush and co. This is true.

NK cannot be allowed to proceed like this. Next, in 8 or so months, it will be Iran testing. At that point, Israel will not care the and the WW could begin. Russian military taken out at the sites of the Iranian reactors that sets off a counter attack by the Soviet Union. The Axis has been branded and all that is needed is the spark. Thining the herd....

This would also lead to a very difficult re-election in 2012 and you will also see a shift in the house with the devil Pelosi finally losing control. It scares me since I have 2 sons and we recently had a certain act passed that no one really paid attention too....

We need to at least respond with harsh words and not a fist bump....

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I agree with everything you have said.

All im saying that is that we need to give President Obama some space here so he can talk to other government leaders and try to get them on the same line here.

Obama to some degree has corner himself with all this diplomacy talk, if he keeps the diplomacy route and at the same time we have Pakistan expanding his nuclear arsenal and countries like NK and Iran testing nukes left and right then he might be seen as weak in national security and foreign affairs and he might be force to do something to change that.

Is a thin line between being diplomatic and being weak IMO.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
In my opinion, I think there is even more to this than meets the eye.
Ok, so North Korea tested a Nuke, thats pretty bad. One would think that by doing something like this, that they are all of the sudden open up to attack by the entire globe. They have had to get the OK from someone to do this, meaning by a superpower govt. You just dont walk into a biker bar and kick the biker in his nuts with all of his friends around unless you too had yourself some friends that had your back before you even walked into the bar. If you ask me, they had to of gotten the green light from someone. Even the baddest nations have someone to answer to, so how are these guys any different? I dont think that this story is over with yet.
Something else that is of significance will come from this, I can almost guarantee it. Maybe this is the point where people around the globe pick their alliances for something much bigger. Im sure many of phone calls are being made right about now.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorfeuZ
The message from N. Korea seems to be very clear now. They want the west to recognize them as a nuclear power.

But I believe the real danger may be N. Korea's cooperation with the Iranians (old news, but has their cooperation increased or decreased?) on nuclear testing and development.

Let's see what comes out of this UNSC emergency meeting .

[edit on 24/5/2009 by MorfeuZ]

Thats just it, Iran does not need to test one now. Israel could strike Iran any minute now because of this. Israel will not hesitate now at all.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Kind of surprising that Russia is the one declaring emergency meetings (pretty cool that they're doing exactly what I thought they should do literally a couple posts before it was announced) I wonder if this is going to create tension between China and Russia? North Korea is just a crazy ass country but the reason they're a big deal is because China is their pimp and as history has proved will protect and back their every move. If North Korea's move gave Russia a start, it'll be interesting to see where all the eastern bloc countries fall with this.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lannock
I'm just an ignorant South African, so I would like someone to explain something to me. Why is it OK for America World Police to have nukes, but noone else can?

I think the reason they dont want N.Korea or Iran having Nukes is that they are Extremist, Unstable with irrational leaders who would not think twice about using them for no reason.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
OK More news from Sky:::

BREAKING NEWS:::

AP::: UNITED STATES says it is "Gravely Concerned" over Nuclear tests by N.KOREA

link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Amazing foresight into this event!!!! You really hit the head on the nail. It seems ATS's potential to see above and beyond is unsurpassed and it really is a great post to say the least. good job. I wonder what president Obama's reaction will be?

link   
For everyone who says something has to be done, what exactly do you think should be done? The only thing that can be done is a military attack because there is no economy to disrupt. What are the targets in the hell hole that is North Korea? No land assault can be tried because there is no available soldiers they are all tied up in Iraq and Afghanistan, and whatever we sent would be vastly outnumbered.

So that leaves lobbing some missiles in, how effective would that really be? Think of the propaganda advantage that gives to the regime, they have been preaching America is the devil for decades and this would prove it. We will have attacked them for daring to TEST a nuke, of which we have 5000 ready to fire that could destroy the planet 10 times over. This would of course unite the country and strengthen the regime which is exactly what we don't want.

It is a nuclear test no one is dead, there have been hundreds of nuclear tests in the last 65 years, what was ever done as a result of any of them? Nothing.

This is not that big of deal, it is N. Korea trying to make themselves look scary to try and blackmail some more money out of the international community so the regime can continue on. All they care about is their survival, this is clear by their actions. Since any aggressive action on their part is suicidal they are extremely unlikely to do anything.

There really are two reasonable options in this situation, do nothing, or go all out for regime change. Considering they are a minuscule threat and have done nothing aggressive, I think doing nothing is the obvious choice.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC
BREAKING NEWS::

AP:: NORTH KOREA has fired a short range missile

AP

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A South Korean news agency has reported that North Korea test-fired a short-range missile.

The Yonhap news agency report Monday comes just hours after the communist nation declared that it successfully conducted a nuclear test.

Yonhap said North Korea fired a ground-to-air missile with a range of 80 miles (130 kilometers) from its northeastern Musudan-ri launch site. The regime also launched a long-range rocket from that site on April 5.

South Korea's military said it was checking the report

Yonhap News

SEOUL, May 25 (Yonhap) -- North Korea appears to have test-fired a short-range missile Monday on its east coast after it conducted its second nuclear test, a South Korean source said.

The missile, with an estimated range of 130 kilometers, was fired from the coastal site where North Korea launched its long-range rocket on April 5, the source said.

[edit on 5/25/09 by makeitso]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
We have Code Pink running the White House.

Obama and the U.N. will give a stern warning to a madman. This will do nothing and the more he gets away with the more he will test us and the world.

I was watching a special about this guy they called the new Nostradamus.

His name is Bruce Bueno de Mesquita and he's a mathematician.

He uses something called Rational Choice Theory which is based in Game Theory to make predictions on world trends. He's worked with the C.I.A. and the Department of Defense.

He said he thinks WW3 could start with North Korea's Kim Jong-Il.

Kim Jong-Il is a nut that wants to hold onto power through nuclear weapons.

He said Kim Jong-Il is only worried about his self interest and he's paranoid about us and he thinks people close to him might turn on him.

To put it in plain English we are dealing with a nut and liberals were mad at Bush for including them in the axis of evil but it's a different ballgame when you see the intelligence reports everyday.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannock

There are officially 9 countries that are known to have nuclear weapons, Israel, North Korea and maybe Iran have also. Is not that no one else should have, the issue is that no country should have, we should be working towards reduction and elimination and not towards proliferation.

Also nuclear weapons can have a enormous impact in the strategic balance of power in the region and we have allies in those regions that would not sit ildly and let this situation get out of control.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm absolutely positive this is China pulling the strings to test Obama for a reaction. There's no way North Korea has the will or infrastructure to pull this off, not to mention the timing of this just screams China. The next couple of days are going to be extremely interesting.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

My guess would be China. And if alliances start forming for a much larger event we could very well see some alliances that were once thought unlikely. If it was just a pregame drill and the game is about to start then the whole goal would be survival. This could reflect to some nations putting aside any conflicts of interest for the time being. I don't see many countries wanting or liking the continued testing or use of Nuclear Weapons because I'm sure they know the environmental and social impact and complications that could arise.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
I'm absolutely positive this is China pulling the strings to test Obama for a reaction. There's no way North Korea has the will or infrastructure to pull this off, not to mention the timing of this just screams China. The next couple of days are going to be extremely interesting.

Hrmm yes China. Now that's an interesting take on the situation indeed.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

I dont agree with China being behind this at all. First of all it would not be in their political nature, China is not known for rattling the cage, that is not China. Second, it is not in their interest, China has so much invested in the US right now that their main concern is having the US economy get back on their feet so the US can pay them back and the US dollar not to fall even further, in other words they need STABILITY, thats on their interest and this development doesn't help on that.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Right, but think of if you were running a nation at this point in history. Economies are collapsing, people are talkin crap to one another more than ever because everyone at this point in time seems to be getting screwed over by someone else. Now is the perfect opportunity for a "Power Grab" so to speak. What better time to take down the top nations than now when they are not at 100 percent? I think that certain leaders are that ballsy to try, I never put anything past man, esp a crazy son of a you know what (such as this guy). You say China, Im thinking you are right. They have been getting a little mouthy lately, it wouldnt suprise me.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Which brings me to my next point... Everyone should be jumping into the market the minute it opens on Tuesday. The market always explodes for a week or two when there's a perceived foreign threat against the States. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned or not but I guarantee there's going to be huge gains on Tuesday.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join