It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did North Korea just test a Nuke? YES they did!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtydogman
I have been living in Japan for almost 12 years now. This really is a worry to me.The US is a toothless dog and has done, and will do nothing but chuck angry words about the room. We all know what this is about. If we go up against North Korea...we go up against China. Many people have predicted a US / China war. But neither country wants that (not at the moment anyway). So North Korea will continue to do as it wants, when it wants.
If the US and China can find some kind of common ground that effects both countries then, and only then, will strong action be taken.

If ya don't like the us, do something about little kimmy yourselves.

Without any us/alled equipment.

Ten we will see who the toothless japanese, er dog is.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I was under the impression that North Korea learned how to make a nuke from a Pakistani scientist. abcnews.go.com...

In Pakistan, Khan is a hero, the man who created the world's only Islamic nuclear state. But in 2004, he admitted selling nuclear technology to Iran, North Korea and Libya

A great point. And if North Korea has already mingled around with other countries in the black world of covert nuclear technology sales, there's a high likelihood that they would also sell this technology to other countries if given the chance. I think that's probably the biggest fear.
From the movie "The Peacemaker".. "I'm not scared of someone who wants ten nuclear warheads. I'm terrified of the man who wants just one."

But there is also alot of information online with regards to how to build a nuclear weapon. One would still need to purchase "know-how" sofar as designing safeties, triggering mechanisms, and multi-stage hardware in general (all very important in the design of a nuclear device).
But there are designs, specs, and alot of other pretty scary information already freely available on the internet. What isn't out there is the extremely rare, extremely expensive fissile material required to initiate a nuclear chain reaction.

So, I can see how North Korea would want an "expert" to guide their nuclear program in the right direction. But they could technically construct a very basic nuclear-capable device (without all the bells and whistles) without really needing alot of outside input.

A satellite image of the Korean Peninsula at night shows just how different North Korea is from South Korea.
upload.wikimedia.org...
We're dealing with a rogue communist nation with a rogue communist dictator that now has nukes at his disposal. But, more importantly, he now has nukes that he can sell. Which he might be forced to do anyway if all the coming sanctions and freezing of assets force "the supreme leader" to such drastic measures. If North Korea has already purchased nuclear secrets and/or nuclear "know-how" from other countries, they'd be much more capable of dealing their own weapons on that same black market. Even if we're only dealing with the sale of fissile material (which, it is believed they had enough for 5 or 6 nuclear weapons back in January).

Meanwhile, unknown numbers of North Koreans are dying off because of malnutrition, disease, and government ordered executions. Their economic situation is probably pretty dire, their energy situation is probably just as dire (especially now, as the coming UN sanctions will inevitably impact this), and all they have to show for it is a nightmarish way of life in the shadow of a lunatic dictator. These are the people really suffering from all this. At this point, we have no way of knowing the full extent of this humanitarian nightmare.

Their dictator may end up needing to sell nuclear weapons, components, secrets, and/or fissile material just to keep his country's economy afloat (what's left of it). I don't know about you guys, but I have a feeling the U.N. isn't going to be so forgiving this time. And that just makes it more likey that he would try to find a buyer.

-ChriS

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtydogman
I have been living in Japan for almost 12 years now. This really is a worry to me.The US is a toothless dog and has done, and will do nothing but chuck angry words about the room. We all know what this is about. If we go up against North Korea...we go up against China. Many people have predicted a US / China war. But neither country wants that (not at the moment anyway). So North Korea will continue to do as it wants, when it wants.
If the US and China can find some kind of common ground that effects both countries then, and only then, will strong action be taken.

China and the US have finally found a common ground and its being tired of LIL kimmy. China has finally decided they are tired of his crap and are backing sanctions against them. It's probably going to result in a land grab also by china in the end along with Japan being able to be allowed to make offensive weapon systems.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
There is no way China or Russia is going to let the US/NATO get close to N.K

N.K is to important geopolitically for China and Russia.

Supporting a sanction on N.K is not the same as supporting a first strike against N.K lead by US/NATO.

If the US does attack i bet you will see the Chinese fleet build up quite fast in the region. Russia has already put its forces on alert and are assessing the situation.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If North Korea just want some boy toys then let them make them and if they take it out of control then do something about it. Either way, it seems 2/3rd possibilty for it to be a war to occure, 1 possibilty they want to, 2nd possibilty the rest of the world will stop them by making war, and the 3rd they won't do anything anyway, either way it seems 2/3rd as likely to happen.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Maybe if we invited N. Korea to the table and then fed them old carrots and beets they would not be so quick to shoot off their missiles. Seriously, they need to be quieted.

reply to post by The time lord

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Who wants a career speaking korean anyway, a career in Korea talk about fear about the doom is near. Let them have their room to sweep their broom in fear, I bet they can not steer the bombs higher than your ear.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
now i know they said nk has a missle that can reach alaska but thats alaska like wtf i mean if they cant attack the us who would they attack

and didnt china say they were tired of kimmy

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

"If the US does attack i bet you will see the Chinese fleet build up quite fast in the region. Russia has already put its forces on alert and are assessing the situation"

That is a very good point, assuming that China stays as N.K's supporter.

I have been reading over and over again about the la number of ships China has been building for it's navy.

I do believe they could bring overwhelming forces (naval) to bear before we can move our.

Also, for the point, Russia put it's forces on high alert for what:
1) Stopping Kim and his forces?
2) US/Western forces?

Just asking...

Also, did I not read (unconfirmed) that N.K. was considering another nuclear test???

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
well i think this is what the elites have been planning for a while now, with the military actions of the us in the me and the positioning of bases near russia and the us's ideology that we are the only ones who can have nukes nk is the ice breaker

and imo if we go to war with china and russia we can loose and if it came to troops on us soil fighting we will be at a loss

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
DO they even know for sure it was a nuke?

"The officials also said an initial U.S. air sampling from near the underground test site was inconclusive.

Officials said the initial analysis doesn't prove the North successfully completed an atomic reaction. At least one more test is coming."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

POP,

When even Russia and China confirm it was a nuke, I am inclined to believe also.

So you read of a second test, as in nowish, is also in the cards.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Maybe they just said it was inconclusive so NK would test another nuke. That way they can deplete their inventory.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Since Iran apparently is capable of making an atomic bomb, but probably don't dare to test it on their own soil, they may have tested it in NK instead...

Iran 'has atomic bomb capability'

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The US has been playing bully-on-the-block for a long time now, but we've also been breaking our own rules - and treaties. Out Gulf War and the war in Iraq are both nuclear - we spread so much DU around, we may as well have set off several bombs. Even if the Pentagon does say it's perfectly safe, the rest of the world knows better. And I suspect that the next atom bomb's delivery system is likely to be a suitcase, not a missile. I also don't see the more fanatic and/or insane governments, and I now include our own in that, holding off just becuase someone may retaliate in kind. Our owners - excuse me, I mean "leaders" will be somewhere perfectly safe, and all they'll lose are people who are mostly out of work anyway because they didn't move to Chine with the jobs.

Ian

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join