It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did North Korea just test a Nuke? YES they did!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by freeradical

Thank you at least someone here pays attention to whats going on in the world instead of blame American imperialism. what several people here dont understand
North korea is very little threat to the United States thats not the point what this opens up is a nasty chain of events soon Japan will demand if not produce nuclear weapons secretly to counter a conceived threat to there national security. The last nuclear test we had to calm the Japanese down to accept sanctions which obviously did no good and they knew that would be the case. Trust me Japan is not going to take a backseat this time. Now if Japan arms gues what now so will Vietnam. And worse yet this leads China into the fray because China doesn't want japan to have nuclear missiles. Deep down i think China doesn't really trust Japan and has reasons not to quite frankly. Now there is the whole ally thing china is not an ally and neither is Russia and would not attack anyone on the behalf of N korea. However they do have an ally in Iran there leadership is shall we stay unstable.

So what kind of repercussions this could have on the middle east is unknown yet. If this moves into the middle east this very well could give the go ahead for iran to be removed from the picture multiple responses possible here depending on there actions. This is very serious threat to global peace im glad to see France jumping out in front to take the lead followed by japan maybe just once the United States wont have to stick our neck out once again.And i don't think Biden was to far off this is probably that test of Obamma that he said was going to happen right on schedule. And i think this was caused by percieved weaknesses in US foreign policy.

[edit on 5/25/09 by dragonridr]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I have a funny feeling Obama's out barbequing right now, wait how stupid am I, he's having someone else barbeque for him pardon my ignorance.

This adminstration is very loose, albeit bush wasn't great, but I did feel relatively safe during it, this one I feel N. Korea could launch a nuke over here, and while it was coming Obama would just hold a press conference with a teleprompter telling everyone it'll be ok, then big smile for photo op.

HEll ya man thats completely logical-

I'll take my bloody pet goat for - death time anyday!

bush would have said evil doer 153 times, followed by a nuked India

I fixed it M - W

I'm glad we are all puritans and minors here.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by mental modulator]

[edit on 25-5-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Agreed, how long can the world ride on the dragon before it turns arounds and bites? The status quo is not acceptable, a new interim regime is preferable to all countries and I believe even China can see that the current situation makes them look bad too.

Any forthcomming regime changes will only be allowed once China has agreed however. This would indicate that any new regime would follow the designs of China's quasi-communist system and would therefore indeed be closely linked to Chinese political power. For the short term this is preferable, but some day I wish the North Koreans to be truely free and be fully able make up their own minds in their countries destiny! A unified Korea, unified by peaceful prosperity

[edit on 25-5-2009 by freeradical]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
don't ya think for example if north korea fired a nuke at japan then
another country will fire at north korea.
I don't think they have the guts to fire at anyone tbh
Nothing will happen

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

Nothing could indeed happen. Or the north would invade the south, supply bio-chem weaponry to terrorists, help Iran further develop its own nuclear facilities, attack Japan, send long range 'revenge' missiles in the direction of America, dirty nukes possibly.

Oh and lets not forget about the nuclear fall out due to the recent tests. What on Earth will NK do next to up the ante?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
i think that NK will intend to carry out more missile tests.

No one will bother to threaten them to be fair.
Only if NK fires upon someone else thats the only kick start.
Iran and israel has hated each other for a very long time so thats between them.
The only next major think i could see kicking of will be that of the russians.
seems like they pop in and out since georgia and that they are seeming a bit to quiet atm for my liking.

yeh anyways the only thing that i could see starting a new world war would be for a country for example NK attacking japan or a poweruller country then the UK and america and that will be like boom lets do this

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Speaking outside the White House, US President Barack Obama said the US would work with its allies around the world to "stand up to" North Korea.

Link

Is this guy an idiot? Why lend credibility to North Korea by saying we need to "stand up" to them? Sounds like thug talk to me.
"My peeps are going to stand up to you Mr. Bully." What a complete fool. He must not have had the teleprompter with him.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
who cares??

who cares about any of this??

and why??

because we all know nothing is going to come of this, north korea isnt going to bomb the world, they arent that stupid

we all know nothing will happen to them, just like nothing happened last time, it will just be a laissez faire response, just like to hitler throughout the whole time leading up to ww2

what can happen??

more laissez faire economic sanctions?
war?

either way theres nothing any of us can do about it, just like we cant do anything about iraq, Afghanistan, iran, pakistan or any of the other things our government is screwing up

so who cares, let em set off some fireworks and play einstein and have their little manhattan project

nothings going to happen except more media and political bs

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical
reply to post by mtaftm

Nothing could indeed happen. Or the north would invade the south, supply bio-chem weaponry to terrorists, help Iran further develop its own nuclear facilities, attack Japan, send long range 'revenge' missiles in the direction of America, dirty nukes possibly.

Oh and lets not forget about the nuclear fall out due to the recent tests. What on Earth will NK do next to up the ante?

im sure others feel the same way as you, and nothing personal but i dont think that line of thinking is true

the north koreans, the iranians, "the terrorists" are not the terrorists

the only people who are dangers to anyone are those funded by the US to keep this war on terror going and to make everyone afraid of the big bad wolf so they can continue to take away our rights

plus whats worse, a couple thousand people dying once in a while

or us losing our rights?

well our forefathers thought our rights were more important, thats why thousands of them died for them

now we're pansies and think our safety is more important than our rights, and thats why we're letting everyone take our rights away

all because of "terrorism"

north koreas no more of a terrorist then bush or barack

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
has anyone heard about the possibility that it was just an EQ and Kim just took advantage of it?

I would do that if I was deranged as well.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thetimetechnician

This same crap was going on with Bush too!

He only went after an unarmed Iraq, while Iran and NK were proudly boasting working on and developing real WMD's.

What is this - pick and choose your enemy? What has any of all this different Nation posturing solved? Nothing!

The military industrial complex only gets orders to go after countries who are not owned by the World Bank!

I mean take a look around, its as obvious as the nose on the end of your face.

Bankrupt this Nation, blow up that country, sanction this country.

Its all about control through monetary means and staging one side against another. It kills a lot of people, reduces the world population and keeps everyone in fear.

STUPID - but it works. It has worked for hundreds of years

So it is hardly a case of Democrat this, Republican that - or Obama this and Bush that.

Same game different name - division between all of us seems to be their domestic American game and it seems to work quite well with the dumbed down public who still believes in this ridiculous two party system.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Pres. Obama just had "strong words" to say about all of this. -whew-

I think I'll come out of my shelter now.
Relax world, Obama said serious stuff on the tv about how he was not going to like what happened.

And here I was, all worried. But the MSM is saying uh, well they're doing a musical on NBC, so wait a minute. . .CBS is on it, no wait, they're doing 'green' BBQ tips, I'll check ABC, nope, they're interviewing Brittany Spears, Hey, I'll check Fox. . . nope some story about a chick who went to work without makeup. CNN, nope, just Memorial Day stuff (at least they're doing something on this day), what the heck, MSNBC, ahhh crap. Reshowing Obama fund-raising clips.

I just gave the remote to my six year old. We're watching something about talking trucks now.

-sigh- I'm just gonna go back into the shelter now. . .

LOL!!! I had the same reaction this morning...

as soon as they broadcasted the lil'Kim story, they went straight to a story where the woman was fired for not wearing make up to work

They do that to distract you and to keep your mind off it as to not to have you really analyze and see what's really going on- for example:

"We may be on the brink of a nuclear World War, but next, we've got the new American Idol winner describing how he felt when he won."

That sh*t is CRAZY!!!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
When I heard on the news that the UN was holding an emergency meeting. I was hopeful it had something to do with Israel. But no, it's just because a nation is conducting nuclear tests. Identical to the ones the United States did back in the 50s.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Im not sure this was North Korea's Bomb personally.
it was several times larger than their first bomb, and since 2006 they have shut down their plants, destroyed some infrastructure etc etc.

How did they improve on their bomb abilities in 3 years when they were also dismantling their systems?

They only RECENTLY reactivated it.

Couple this with Ahmadinejads comments today

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Monday ruled out nuclear negotiations with other nations, saying, "Iran's nuclear issue is over, in our opinion."

edition.cnn.com...

I think the Iranians just tested a nuclear device, with the help of North Korea.

The north setting off short range missiles is just a red herring.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

North Korea's economy and it's nuclear project would have collapsed a decade ago if China had pulled the plug and it is self evident China has gone beyond mere tolerance of North Korea's nuclear program.

You could almost say NK was a proxy for China's alter ego.

By alter ego China still can't figure out whether it wants to fight USA or trade with her. By allowing NK to threaten the west China can have a cake and eat it.

Nothing NK does is without Beijing's sanction.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

And the Chinese condemned the test, along with Russia. I guess that's just posturing on the part of China then, interesting stuff.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Very interesting Agit8d-i hadnt thought of that but its totally plausible. TPTB probably know this as well but we wont see it in the MSM. I wouldnt doubt this at all.

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Im not sure this was North Korea's Bomb personally.
it was several times larger than their first bomb, and since 2006 they have shut down their plants, destroyed some infrastructure etc etc.

How did they improve on their bomb abilities in 3 years when they were also dismantling their systems?

They only RECENTLY reactivated it.

Couple this with Ahmadinejads comments today

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Monday ruled out nuclear negotiations with other nations, saying, "Iran's nuclear issue is over, in our opinion."

edition.cnn.com...

I think the Iranians just tested a nuclear device, with the help of North Korea.

The north setting off short range missiles is just a red herring.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Because whilst all the tooing and froing has been going on about NK's reactor in Yongbyong NK has been in a secretive nuclear partnership with Myanmar with help from Russia.

www.newscientist.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Russian help

www.asiapacificms.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Burmese Project

www.southasiaanalysis.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Pakistani-China connection

Myanmar's nuclear project was founded by two Pakistani nuclear scientists who were helping Al Qaeda obtain the bomb. These two scientists fled to Rangoon to avoid arrest by the US Government.

You can bet that NK's plutonium is not all home grown. Whilst the UN has been politely trying to appease Pyonyang, NK has been reprocessing spent Iranian reactor fuel.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

And the Chinese condemned the test, along with Russia. I guess that's just posturing on the part of China then, interesting stuff.

Yup.

Because China could have sealed borders with NK and denied airspace at the click of it's fingers.

China has two faces on the question of NK

Russia is supplying reactors to Iran and Myanmar both of which NK is supplying expertise for.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Who knows who's bomb it was. NK is dirt poor and im sure they would be hapy to be a testing ground for any nation/entity that wants to test a bomb for a certain fee.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join