It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did North Korea just test a Nuke? YES they did!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
And they could test another one right away and the results from the rest of the world would still be absolutely nothing...

So big freakin deal. No ones going to do anything, because just like our American laws , you can break them if you have enough power to do it...

Just like our American Laws
you can break laws if you have enough power...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

Thanks for the links, T0by, I found those pretty interesting. Especially the fact Kim apparently has the power to control time and other possible superhuman abilities.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

Wow, they really are some powerful images there!
It is a truly fascinating place, not least because of the social "experiment" that has taken place.

One thing that hit me, all the soldiers seem to be quite childlike. I don't know if it's just my perception, and it's hard to explain, but they all seem frightened (for want of a better word).

Another sad thing is that leaders can rule from a seat of utter luxury while poverty and sadness engulfs their nation and the people don't react. Just shows that little will likely change in the US and Europe, we are all becoming just as complacent under a guise of "democracy".

They didn't have a revolution did they? Why is everyone so sure there would be if things became so bad in our own countries?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Magnitude 4.7, North Korea

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Same place as the last test.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Yeah it's all very interesting to me. Mainly because it's such a great example of what can happen to a country left in a dictatorship.
I'm probably wrong, but to my knowledge, this is the country closest to a big brother 1984 type scenario there is.
It's such a closed society, kim is free to portray himself as he likes to the people, without outside interference.

It's borderline unbelievable insanity, I really can't believe some of it.

My friend said he visited the official north korean website, and checked the forums there. They actually have people there posting about north korea, trying to make it out as the greatest place on earth.

I love hearing about the ways kim tries to portray himself. It's like the egyptian rulers tried to make themselves out as gods.

One final thing, PLEASE read this. It's absolutely hilarious.

www.cracked.com...

[edit on 25-5-2009 by T0by]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Meh...

If they've got nukes, it's probably been planned for a long time by the NWO. Global theatrics at its best and lots of people buy into it.

More scaremongering and propaganda and 'defence' spending, war-for-profit, here we come!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I've read up to page 9 on here, and wanted to jump in with my reply before I forget my point.

Maybe it's because I'm not a US resident, and there's not to much NK fearmongering over here in the Uk, but the news of this test doesn't bother me. At all. I'm suprised that Nk could do it, but worried? Nope.

People on here go on and on about the MSM reporting things only to suit the agendas of those in charge, yet it seems a lot of people have bought into the hype about NK being crazy, and that they should be worried. People are suggesting that the US, or another country go in and flatten their nuclear facilities in a few quick strikes.. which would be an act of war, am I right? I'm pretty sure that's how NK will see it, and how any country would see it. War is the last thing that'll help right now, the least of the problems being that the US can't afford another conflict.

Let them do their tests, and posture all they want. If that makes NK sleep safer at night, then fine.. although I'm sure SK are worried as hell right now, which is unfortunate.. But still, North Korea know that the instant they attacked anything with a nuke, every other country in the damn world with nuclear capabilities would be down on them like a ton of bricks, and rightly so.. Which is why I think it's posturing, and that's all it'll ever amount to. Same with Iran, and whatever country the media decides is extremist next.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Fox news(slightly manic) report on this story.

compare this to CNN response.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
According to the news, North Korea warned the US that they would test a nuke.

Also, the north korean ambassador in Russia is saying that NK will do more nuclear tests unless the US stop it's ``intimidation diplomacy``.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
N.Korea needs to calm down or they wont have any nukes left
i also don't think this will amount to much..so they tested a nuke,made a big splash in the pond but it will eventually amount to ripples and a waste.Either this was black market or a shedload of TNT.I dont think they would test a nuke in such a willy nilly fashion after spending years in refining and researching.If they did it was a stupid move,China needs to give them a little seeing to(and yes i believe china still holds much sway over N.Korea).

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Thanks for the vids. The network comparisons are funny...

Hmm the more I think about this, and its possible implications, they scarier it gets.
I wonder if theres any truth in that they're demonstrating they do have the tech to produce weapons now, so that they may sell them ( to iran ). If so, that would create a great excuse for the usa to take military action if it wants to.

And for the conspiracy theorists and NWO'ers out there who feel the game plan has stepped up abit recently or feel something is going to happen soon, this is something to be watching.

In my opinion, North korea is a greater threat than Iraq ever was.
To be honest I didn't really care when saddam died. But secretly, I would love to see Kim hanged.

Which would be around the same time his stopping time abilities are proven false.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by T0by]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
North Korea always reminds me of a toddler saying" I'm a boy boy too!"
I just wish they would grow up and start behaving like a big boy!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

You think that they don't know if they launch a nuke at us first that we'll not going to launch all our nukes at them, deflect their single nuke and still come out victorious? Or even if their nuke strikes us, our nukes will them and they'll be JUST as dead as us.

Gee Deus... That's a pretty naive answer.

Only 36 percent of Germans voted for the Nazis. Herr Chamberlain thought pretty much as you did that surely they can't want war ?

Well no the German people didn't, but their leadership did.
The North Korean people don't but their leadership do.
Likewise the Iranian people don't want war, but their leaders do.

Incidentally there are direct flights by Air Koryo between North Korea and Iran and the shame of it is that China does not deny it's airspace to North Korea. Rather China's Norinco industries last year supplied guns and RPGs to the taleban. We know this from an intercepted shipment. The shipment reached Afghanistan from Iran.

We also know that in 1994 China supplied tributylphosphate to Iran. A restricted chemical vital in separating Plutonium from spent reactor fuel.

China is a willing participant in this situation.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by sy.gunson]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Great thread reason i love ATS

Yes we get a lot of crap through here but now and again ATS members get the info first.

Well called sir S+F for you

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

If you really knew what you were talking about you'd know why North Korea has a virtually inexhaustible supply of Plutonium.

Myanmar and North Korea have worked together to create a clandestine nuclear project in the former state of Burma. Burma has massive deposits of Monazite rich in Uranium and Thorium. Russia has provided nuclear assistance to Myanmar too, whilst Air Koryo has direct flights to an airfield at Myanmar's secret nuclear complex.

Air Koryo also has direct flights to Tehran... and guess what buddy ?

Nothing on that flight has to pass through US customs.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Thanks for all the great replies.

I have just woken up after a late night of excitement. I see they are now testing missiles.

Is he going senile or just sabre rattling?

Its great to beat MSM ats'ers

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
FLASHBACK ... what Obama has said about North Korea and how it's mutated over the years ...

From The CFR Site .. yes ... THAT CFR site

President-elect Obama advocates for developing an “international coalition” to handle nuclear North Korea, calls the Six-Party Talks “ad hoc,” and says he supports “sustained, direct, and aggressive diplomacy.

In a September 2008 presidential debate, Obama said a lack of diplomatic engagement with North Korea led the country to significantly increase its nuclear capacity, and said the Bush administration's eventual reengagement with the regime led to "some progress."

Within weeks of Pyongyang’s October 2006 nuclear test, Obama appeared on Meet the Press and said the United States had no leverage over North Korea because of Washington’s refusal to hold bilateral negotiations. He also clarified a passage from his book Audacity of Hope (in which he posed the question “Why invade Iraq and not North Korea or Burma?”) and said he did not consider invading the communist country an option to resolving the nuclear issue.

In May 2005, Obama named North Korea as one of the "biggest proliferation challenges we currently face." Obama has called for the strengthening of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty so that countries like North Korea "that break the rules will automatically face strong international sanctions."

Obama said in September 2008 he believes the United States needs a missile defense system in part because of the nuclear threat North Korea poses.

On April 5th Obama called on N. Korea to refrain from further "provocative actions".

Reuters

I urge North Korea to abide fully by the resolutions of the U.N. Security Council and to refrain from further provocative actions," he said.

You'd think that Obama would have understood that N. Korea won't listen to a darn thing he has to say.

While campaigning he didn't give N. Korea much attention except to say that we all had to get together and talk.
However, once in office and actually got educated about North Korea, he used it as an excuse for a GLOBAL REGIME.

CNN

"Now is the time for a strong international response," Obama said in a speech before a huge crowd outside the medieval Prague Castle in the Czech Republic. "And North Korea must know that the path to security and respect will never come through threats and illegal weapons. All nations must come together to build a stronger global regime. That's why we must stand shoulder to shoulder to pressure the North Koreans to change course."

So I wonder what he thinks of his policy of "sustained, direct, and aggressive diplomacy" when obviously the N. Koreans aren't listening to a darn thing he has to say??

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
USA is in a very tight spot. China and Russia are tacitly supporting North Korea and Iran.

There is nothing Russia and china would love more than to see USA expend it's military strength trying to stamp out Iran or North Korea.

Obama now has a dilema.
Does he cut off the snake's head now whilst it is weak, or wait and give ground whilst it gains strength ?

What was that date in 2012 again ?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
Nobody wants that for their country, not even Kim Jong II

?? Because he isn't a mad tyrannical maniac at all!!

Lol right.

I'm confused, I don't get your irony...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Good find OP, i didn't pay a lot of attention yesterday to this thread but you saw through it!
NK gets the US in a difficult splits here.. actually because George Bush attacked the wrong country in the past, the real danger comes from [East] Asia..
The weird thing is, when you get past that treshold of actually conducting a nuclear test, the leverage is much higher in negotiations, the price of some sanctions must be paid but getting attacked is something of the past.NK shows this.Encouraging Iran to do the same and probably giving/selling them the technology to do it..
If Bush attacked NK instead of Iraq, it might of discouraged countries like Iran [Iraq] to begin building WMD's for themselves, now the opposite is true. Iran knows Obama is playing soft on them and their objective is near to nuclear armament and their vision of the rapture, Mahdi [12th Imam] whatever think of it..

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Foppezao]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join