It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did North Korea just test a Nuke? YES they did!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Edited to reflect they have tested according to reuters now.

Did North Korea just test a Nuke?

www.doomdaily.com

The curtain is about to rise again on the long-running nuclear tragicomedy, “North Korea Outwits the United States.” Despite Kim Jong Il’s explicit threats of another nuclear test, U.S. Special Envoy Stephen Bosworth said last week that the Obama administration is “relatively relaxed” and that “there is not a sense of crisis.” They’re certainly smiling in Pyongyang.

In October 2006, North Korea witnessed the incredible diplomatic success it could reap from belligerence. Its first nuclear test b
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-5-2009 by komp_uk]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Funny. There is an Quake Alert of Mag 4.7 in North Korea just know

Did North Korea just test a Nuke?

Get Ready for Another North Korean Nuke Test
Iran could soon be following Pyongyang’s example.

WSJ Writes

The curtain is about to rise again on the long-running nuclear tragicomedy, “North Korea Outwits the United States.” Despite Kim Jong Il’s explicit threats of another nuclear test, U.S. Special Envoy Stephen Bosworth said last week that the Obama administration is “relatively relaxed” and that “there is not a sense of crisis.” They’re certainly smiling in Pyongyang.

In October 2006, North Korea witnessed the incredible diplomatic success it could reap from belligerence. Its first nuclear test brought resumption of the six-party talks, which gave Kim Jong Il cover to further advance his nuclear program.

Now, Kim is poised to succeed again by following precisely the same script. In April, Pyongyang launched a Taepodong-2 missile, and National Security Council official Gary Samore recently confirmed that a second nuclear test is likely on the way. The North is set to try two U.S. reporters for “hostile acts.” The state-controlled newspaper calls America “a rogue and a gangster.” Kim recently expelled international monitors from the Yongbyon nuclear complex. And Pyongyang threatens to “start” enriching uranium — a capacity it procured long ago.

It’s time for the Obama administration to finally put down Kim Jong Il’s script. If not, we better get ready for Iran — and others — to go nuclear.

However….

We just got an EarthQuake Alert for the Area. A Magnitude 4.7. Did they just test?
Earthquake Details
Magnitude 4.7
Date-Time

* Monday, May 25, 2009 at 00:54:44 UTC
* Monday, May 25, 2009 at 09:54:44 AM at epicenter

www.doomdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-5-2009 by komp_uk]

Mod Edit: To Place [ex] tags. Please Review The following Link:

Mod Edit: Quoting External Sources – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Mon, 25 May 2009 12:31:35 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It would fit in with Memorial Day don't you think?

+20 more 
posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have a funny feeling Obama's out barbequing right now, wait how stupid am I, he's having someone else barbeque for him pardon my ignorance.

This adminstration is very loose, albeit bush wasn't great, but I did feel relatively safe during it, this one I feel N. Korea could launch a nuke over here, and while it was coming Obama would just hold a press conference with a teleprompter telling everyone it'll be ok, then big smile for photo op.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Considering that the earthquake is only 10km. deep, it does look very suspect.

When you look at the history of the area, it appears that most quakes are around 800 km. deep.

But do you think that we will ever know??

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It feels like everyone is on the brink of attaining nuclear weapons which can send chills down any sane persons spine. These next coming years will be interesting indeed... did I say years? I mean months. On the verge of the global economic meltdown anything can happen. Just hope nobody presses the big red button.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Yes this looks like a nuclear test. and the size is right for a early test.
wikimapia.org...=41.2839663&lon=129.0003061&z=16&l=0&m=h&v=2

It was about 10 miles from there first nuclear test.and the size was right for about a 11 kt test on the Kelly Kiloton Index.
www.english.ucla.edu...

[edit on 24-5-2009 by ANNED]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Yes its kind of worrying. Some great links to the scene here.
eyeball-series.org...

+28 more 
posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It's not like that, at all. Stop fear mongering, there is no red generic button as seen in movies like Independence Day. Lots and I mean LOTS of planning went into this, even if it was North Korea. You people act like they aren't people, that they're just some crazy murderous monsters, it's really a racist and slim view of another country based on solely what the media has to say about them.

You think that they don't know if they launch a nuke at us first that we'll not going to launch all our nukes at them, deflect their single nuke and still come out victorious? Or even if their nuke strikes us, our nukes will them and they'll be JUST as dead as us.

Nobody wants that for their country, not even Kim Jong II

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
It's not like that, at all. Stop fear mongering, there is no red generic button as seen in movies like Independence Day. Lots and I mean LOTS of planning went into this, even if it was North Korea. You people act like they aren't people, that they're just some crazy murderous monsters, it's really a racist and slim view of another country based on solely what the media has to say about them.

You think that they don't know if they launch a nuke at us first that we'll not going to launch all our nukes at them, deflect their single nuke and still come out victorious? Or even if their nuke strikes us, our nukes will them and they'll be JUST as dead as us.

Nobody wants that for their country, not even Kim Jong II

No one is fear mongering. We are just looking at the facts. Its more of an underground test on Memorial Day to show they are still there... you know...

Its just some quick journalism and the facts fit.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Don't know what post you are reading but this thread is about whether or not North Korea just tested a Nuke. Period.

There is nothing more to it as far as I can see.

I want to know ANY country that tests a nuke..

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I highly suspect this was a test. The time line fits in rather nicely with how long it would take to produce the correct amount of radioactive material.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well, what is interesting is that this earthquake is centered just about the same coordinates of the suspected 2006 nuclear test site. The depth is calculated at 6.2 miles however. Maybe they triggered a fault line with the last test but who knows. Maybe this is a new test.....not like anything will be done about it, except the NK getting some press coverage.

I hate that the world doesn't do # about it.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The arrogance of the North Korea regeme indicates that they would do something like this on Memorial Day.
Just wondering if this has anything to do with the apparent suicide of that South Korean leader.
I'm not drawing any conclusions, just asking though. . .

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yes.

Its official

www.reuters.com...

WOW.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by komp_uk
Yes.

Its official

www.reuters.com...

WOW.

Awwww, how proud of ATS am I right now, you *well you personally* but almost always ats knows whats going on ahead of any journalism group or media outlet. I swear some of you should be replacement for the gov't.

God my respect for ATS is going up, hence why I starred and flagged.

I'm also assuming that their test was a success, so the gov't can't go around mocking how primitive they are, and does this officially introduce them into the group of Nuke Carriers, or were they always in the group and i've been on mars for the past few years?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Ironic, I heard about it here first. Not a peep out of any of the media outlets that I can find.
Gonna hafta cancel my cable subscription. . . dang, I might miss sci-fi channel though. . .

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Welcome Aboard North korea!!!
What the H#!! took you so long.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I forgot to say good reporting!!!!! Good job, well ahead of MSM and here on ATS right after it happened.

What does the world do now?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez
"What does the world do now?"

Duck and cover!
No seriously is this the test that Biden was talking about during the campaign?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join