It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another 9/11 commissioner (Richard Ben-Veniste) slams Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
One by one they keep coming foward.

Link

From the book "The Emperor's New Clothes: Exposing the Truth from Watergate to 9/11," by Richard Ben-Veniste

"CIA analysts had written a report for the president's eyes to alert him to the possibility that bin Laden's words and actions, together with recent investigative clues, pointed to an attack by al-Qaida on the American homeland," Ben-Veniste writes.

In the commission interview, "President Bush volunteered that if there had been 'a serious concern' in August 2001, he would have known about it," Ben-Veniste writes. "Being on my best behavior, I didn't come out and ask him what he thought a briefing from the CIA titled 'Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.' was, if not a serious concern."

"Instead, I asked whether the president had discussed the Aug. 6 PDB with either the attorney general or the secretary of the treasury, the two cabinet officers who oversaw the FBI and other federal agencies charged with domestic law enforcement," Ben-Veniste wrote. "Had he discussed the PDB with Attorney General Ashcroft to ensure the FBI was doing everything necessary? The president said that he could not recall, nor could he say whether Rice had any such discussion with Ashcroft."

Finally declassified by the Bush administration amid public and political pressure in April 2004, the PDB from Aug. 6, 2001 said, "The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full-field investigations throughout the U.S. that it considers bin Laden related." The PDB also said that the CIA and the FBI at the time were investigating a call to the U.S. embassy in the United Arab Emirates three months earlier saying that "a group of bin Laden supporters was in the U.S. planning attacks with explosives."

In his interview with the commission, Bush said the mention of 70 pending FBI investigations was a good thing, helpful, according to Ben-Veniste's book. Rice testified publicly that the PDB contained "some frightening things." At the time the president received the Aug. 6, 2001 PDB, Rice was not with Bush, who was vacationing at his ranch in Crawford, Texas.

The article speaks for itself. Bush knew and did nothing. LIHOP at the very least.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
As did Clinton. And what makes it worse is that we had bin Laden in our sights and Clinton wouldn't give the order to pull the trigger. All of our presidents, all the way back to Reagan new how dangerous this man was. (See Oliver North's testimony in the Iran-Contra affair.)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
As did Clinton. And what makes it worse is that we had bin Laden in our sights and Clinton wouldn't give the order to pull the trigger. All of our presidents, all the way back to Reagan new how dangerous this man was. (See Oliver North's testimony in the Iran-Contra affair.)

i guess you consider blowing away bin laden and part of the royal family of saudi arabia a risk clinton should have took?

+8 more 
posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
DISINFORMATION

People continually fail to grasp the greater picture, is it frustrating, indeed.

Osama Bin Laden who was trained by the CIA, additionally his family were business associates of the Bush regime. During the no-fly time immediately following 911, it is no coincidence that the Bin Ladens were allowed to fly out of the country, while the rest of the country stood grounded.

What's clear that day, is that Osama Bin Laden, did not have Norad stand down.

He also did not plant the thermite that ultimately caused the collapses.

He did not tell the SAM sites to leave the pentagon "attack plane" alone.

He did not cancel the shoot down order.

He did not make any money from the attacks, where as every person in the Bush Regime did, as well as Silverstein, who in just one of the astronomical coincidences of that time, just happened to purchase the complex and put a large insurance policy on it.

Osama did not reinforce the pentagon in the exact location where years later it would be hit with (something?).

He did not order the demolition of WTC 7.

He was not part of the writing of "Rebuilding Americans Defenses" a neocon agenda describing a "new pearl harbor" to bring about cataclysmic changes..

So upon looking at the consequences of that day, it's quite clear there were few who profited, and they all just happened to be intimately linked with the Bush Regime, gotta love coincidences eh?

So when an article like this comes out "BLASTING BUSH", people look at it as another attack on bush for his FAILURE to do something about the "impending" attacks.

The message that this is actually sending is that it was a simple failure of action that caused that day. But the facts abound that it was not just a failure, but elements of the government HAD to be directly involved in the planning and execution of that day.

This article is just one of many disinformation articles which shift the blame to failures of action, rather than direct involvement by elements of the bush regime.

To fail to differentiate between the two, is a failure at denying ignorance.

How dangerous was he while the CIA was training, funding, and equipping him to fight the Russians?

[edit on 24-5-2009 by king9072]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

i guess you consider blowing away bin laden and part of the royal family of saudi arabia a risk clinton should have took?

bin Laden...? Definitely. Remember that he was only an' Arab living in a cave in Afghanistan.'

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

As I was reading the article and the post these were exactly my thoughts. I guess this would be disinformation at its finest wouldn't it. Sort of like comparing those apples and oranges.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Thanks for saying exactly what I thought while reading the article too.

Just to add to what you said;

Osama Bin Laden was cleared of any wrong doing, with the so-called confession of;

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed!! The new mastermind behind the 9-11 attacks??

Again a big joke, but we do have to keep on track with the new disinfo we are being fed by the system ppl!!

I feel like I need to say it again, get with the program ppl, forget about Osama. Last I checked, the new scapegoat is still Khalid Shaikh Mohammed.

This was reported by all msm!!

Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted by king9072

DISINFORMATION

Indeed. Just like he stated; Usama bin Laden had NOTHING to do with 9-11 whatsover; regardless the disinformation pouring out of Richard Ben-Veniste and other 9-11 Whitewash Commission 'insiders'. We do not need another Zionist from Mayer Brown feeding us 9-11 propaganda.

Poor Osama, dying in December 2001, never knew that the Bush Regime would replace him with Khalid Sheikh Mohammed as the 9-11 Mastermind.

"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle.

"It is the United States, which is perpetrating every maltreatment on women, children and common people . . . "

www.public-action.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2a89fac91af.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have been following this subject for years now.

If you check out one of my latest threads on how a high school physics teacher forced NIST to admit that WTC 7 did indeed fall at free fall speed for 2.25 seconds you would realize I am educated on the lies and disinformation regarding 9/11.

The point of this article is an official that participated in the official investigation admits that Bush must have had foreknowledge of the attacks.

This type of information whether "limited hangout" or not is the type of information that will convince the sleeping public that all is not right with the official story.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I was not insinuating that you were posting disinformation. That was directed at the 9-11 Whitewash Commission 'insiders'. This is a valuable thread showing how the 9-11 Truth movement is stirring up a great amount of fear and uneasiness among the 9-11 perps.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i look at like this, there are two groups of people in this country.

the first group watches their favorite msm program or reads their local newspaper or listens to their msm talk show everyday and doesnt ask questions, believes everything they see or hear and considers themselves informed.

the second group of people realize that the msm arent always forthcoming or realize that the msm is like a huge puzzle and you have to actually do a little work to put the pieces together the get the truth. the second group aren't afraid to ask questions and do a little research to find the answers to their questions.

i used to be part of the first group and most people i know still are and it pisses me off to no end. ive made it a point now to not talk about politics or religion with people anymore because its just useless arguing that gets absolutely now where.

i guess what im trying to say is that anybody who has half a brain or sack for that matter knows that all the events before,during and after 9/11 dont add up and we the american people were lied to by our own goverment. WAKE THE # UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 25-5-2009 by middleclasssoldier]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvin77

Thanks for saying exactly what I thought while reading the article too.

Just to add to what you said;

Osama Bin Laden was cleared of any wrong doing, with the so-called confession of;

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed!! The new mastermind behind the 9-11 attacks??

Again a big joke, but we do have to keep on track with the new disinfo we are being fed by the system ppl!!

I feel like I need to say it again, get with the program ppl, forget about Osama. Last I checked, the new scapegoat is still Khalid Shaikh Mohammed.

This was reported by all msm!!

Thanks.

I can't remember the EXACT figure, but I believe that he was water-boardered 120+ times, I think the actual figure is between 130-150, but 120 seems safe.

As of late, how many reporters have braved the water-boarding to see how bad it is? I can think of a few off the top of my head, and how many lasted for more than 10 seconds? NONE.

Now, lets repeat that horror well over a 100 times.

At that point, I am sure ANYONE would be confessing to ANYTHING you wanted.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Ben-Veniste is simply here to try and deflect some of the criticism of the commission and to explain away some of the more recent findings from the critics.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
DISINFORMATION

People continually fail to grasp the greater picture, is it frustrating, indeed.

Osama Bin Laden who was trained by the CIA, additionally his family were business associates of the Bush regime. During the no-fly time immediately following 911, it is no coincidence that the Bin Ladens were allowed to fly out of the country, while the rest of the country stood grounded.

What's clear that day, is that Osama Bin Laden, did not have Norad stand down.

He also did not plant the thermite that ultimately caused the collapses.

He did not tell the SAM sites to leave the pentagon "attack plane" alone.

He did not cancel the shoot down order.

He did not make any money from the attacks, where as every person in the Bush Regime did, as well as Silverstein, who in just one of the astronomical coincidences of that time, just happened to purchase the complex and put a large insurance policy on it.

Osama did not reinforce the pentagon in the exact location where years later it would be hit with (something?).

He did not order the demolition of WTC 7.

He was not part of the writing of "Rebuilding Americans Defenses" a neocon agenda describing a "new pearl harbor" to bring about cataclysmic changes..

So upon looking at the consequences of that day, it's quite clear there were few who profited, and they all just happened to be intimately linked with the Bush Regime, gotta love coincidences eh?

So when an article like this comes out "BLASTING BUSH", people look at it as another attack on bush for his FAILURE to do something about the "impending" attacks.

The message that this is actually sending is that it was a simple failure of action that caused that day. But the facts abound that it was not just a failure, but elements of the government HAD to be directly involved in the planning and execution of that day.

This article is just one of many disinformation articles which shift the blame to failures of action, rather than direct involvement by elements of the bush regime.

To fail to differentiate between the two, is a failure at denying ignorance.

How dangerous was he while the CIA was training, funding, and equipping him to fight the Russians?

[edit on 24-5-2009 by king9072]

Great post

Disinformation accounts for so much of this "whole story"

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

DISINFORMATION

I could not have said it any better! star for your post. Every single word you wrote is true and no one can dispute it. The book (The Emperor's New Clothes) in my opinion was written to save George Bush and Cheney’s necks and to get people to focuses on the Bin Laden as being the cause of carrying out 911 remember the book is all hear say from this writer, Richard Ben-Veniste.

Those of us who have done years of research, which I see you have, know the CIA and the FBI have done nothing but lied to the American people and covered up the real events of 911 to conceal the real perpetrators. I hope no one gives me that book to read because it “will” be thrown in the trash. It is very clear that this writer Richard Ben-Veniste is a Bush and Cheney paid loyalist. Anyone can Google the gov. org site and see that Bin Laden has not been charge for any of the 911 crimes. In my opinion, Ben Laden has been dead since 2002, which is another reason why our government is not interested in looking for Ben Laden because they already know it. (Case closed for them!)

top topics

join