It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Great Game

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Microsoft cuts IM service to five 'hostile' nations
www.computerworld.com.au...

Users in Cuba, Syria, Iran, Sudan and North Korea no longer have access to Microsoft's Windows Live Messenger

While there's a lot of posturing rhetoric from so many countries this one struck me as the most interesting. Forget about the UN Despots Club or even the US.

The American based corporate world has disabled a communication function previously considered universal.

Watch for a parallel Internet.

Mike

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Yeah that one caught my eye as well. Very interesting to say the least. I remember one of my instructors telling us that one day in the future the company you work for would become more important than the country you live in.

And that someday in the future you would have confrontation between rival companies on the scale of small countries at wars.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Very interesting to say the least. I remember one of my instructors telling us that one day in the future the company you work for would become more important than the country you live in.

And that someday in the future you would have confrontation between rival companies on the scale of small countries at wars.

Just in tonight, Canada, where I live, is now co-owner of GM.
US govt has taken 60%, Canadian govt 12%.

I don't want to be a shareholder in GM.

Canadians don't have to worry about the NWO seizing control here.
If there is such a thing we have put in our application already.

NWO

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Well here is an example of a "Company" Getting its way with of all places China.

It seems Beijing will listen and do what its told from a company rather than listen to other governments or the UN. I thought this was very interesting

CEO Lee Scott has made it clear that Wal-Mart's China suppliers have to go green or else they will have to just go, period

Wal-Mart's New Sustainability Mandate in China

I just attended the Wal-Mart Sustainability Summit in Beijing. There are times you know you're watching something special. The point of the meeting was to bring Wal-Mart's Chinese suppliers (some 900 of them) together to hear Wal-Mart's sustainability agenda and the specific goals for the company's biggest supply partner. To put the relationship in context, if Wal-Mart were a country, it would be China's sixth or seventh largest trading partner (clearly the scale of both China and Wal-Mart is shocking).

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Arguably oil conglomerates make foreign policy decisions in the Middle East, at the very least.

Hard to separate big oil form big government.

Notably the United States has had a family of oilmen as Presidents in the last couple decades.

Mike

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That bombing has the earmarks of a Operation Gladio hit,Slayer we have all these pieces on the chessboard we have the Iranian government freaking out over the possibility of a moderate president that would weaken the Mullahs hold on power on one side and on the other side we have the US government who knows their dominance is waning so they are also getting desperate.They send some former stay-behind operatives into Iran looking to force the issue or The Iranians looking to make sure Abbas wins hires the job out to some local mercenaries.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously

we have all these pieces on the chessboard we have the Iranian government freaking out over the possibility of a moderate president that would weaken the Mullahs hold on power on one side and on the other side we have the US government who knows their dominance is waning so they are also getting desperate.They send some former stay-behind operatives into Iran looking to force the issue or The Iranians looking to make sure Abbas wins hires the job out to some local mercenaries.

I wish it was so simple. The president of Iran has limited authority.

Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has been Supreme Leader of Iran for 20 years and was president through the 80s. He and a small handful of Imams determine policy for the country.

Their anti-Western stance has hardened not softened in 30 years. Much of what happens in the Middle East depends on their interpretation of situations.

Myself I feel more comfortable when there is a greedy corrupt regime as opposed to a religious one. At least when the issue is mainly bout money you can predict policies as being self-serving and self-protecting.

Are Ali Khameini and his peers coming to terms with the changing realities of Iran's internal problems and increasing vulnerabilities? Will they choose to have Iran go out in a blaze of glory attempting fulfillment of destiny?

No one can say for sure.

Mike

[edit on 1-6-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Reinhardt is pretty doomy and gloomy...

I was hoping that unlike the 1930s..
the world’s governments weren’t going to opt for world war..
as the economic answer..

.. so much for hoping

statesmen & stateswomen are so evil..
viewing humanity as so much fodder for elite economic gain

it is becoming obvious that War..
is the direction they are going and the..
economic (labor-galvanizing) cure they are relying on

Given what is happening in Pakistan and the tragedy for millions of people there, it seems the switch in bankers-talk from millions to billions and trillions, is going to heavily reflect on inhabitants of this planet.

Trouble with tribbles... pardon, tribals...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Bomb found on plane forces return of Iranian passenger plane minutes after takeoff

wire.antiwar.com...

An Iranian airliner was forced to return to a southern airport minutes after takeoff when a homemade bomb was found aboard, said state television, in an incident a security official called a "sabotage operation."

Propaganda?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Some of the latest news from The Great Game,

- Energy section,

Arctic may be home to 30% of world’s undiscovered gas – study

Russia says the point here is not militarization, but the possibility of a military conflict over this region, which could be high in the next ten years. Meanwhile, Canada also started increasing its military presence in the region.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Russia Divides and Rules Europe

Any shift in Europe's approach to Russia, and its long-term ability to root Russia in a rules-based world economy, must start with energy policy.

online.wsj.com...

Iran, Iraq, Turkey to Link Power Grids
www.asbarez.com...

AZERBAIJAN AND IRAN: AT LOGGERHEADS OVER ISRAEL
www.eurasianet.org...

Iran to become self-sufficient in gasoline in three years
www.irna.ir...

- Mid East section,

Israel's Barak urges more sanctions against Iran

JERUSALEM, June 1 (Reuters) - Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak called on Monday for further world economic sanctions to force Iran to halt its nuclear programme, insisting that "no option" should be ruled out, an official statement said.

www.reuters.com...

Israeli diplomats told to take offensive in PR war against Iran

Organizing demonstrations in front of Iranian consulates worldwide, staging mock stonings and hangings in public, and launching a massive media campaign against Iran - these are just some of the steps Israeli diplomats have been told to take in the coming weeks.

www.haaretz.com...

Israel confident of continued US support
www.presstv.ir...

U.S.: We will continue support of Israel in UN
www.haaretz.com...

- AND SOMETHING INTERESTING TO THE END: (...After Helicopter Crash?)

MOSCOW (SPT) — President Dmitry Medvedev has nominated a former St. Petersburg colleague of Prime Minister Vladimir Putin to become Irkutsk’s governor, a post that remains vacant after the previous governor died in a helicopter crash.

www.times.spb.ru...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Break from the news for a minute.

Arguably with impending economic collapse in so many parts of the world, and a real danger of the US defaulting for the first time, a war would be a good way to reshuffle the cards for a pot of players.

The US, as strained as it's military seems to be in the Middle East and maintaining a presence worldwide, is still the one best prepared and positioned to for an extended war. China is coming closer with upscaling their navy and cyber weaponry and has tens of millions of potential recruits.

Russia I'm afraid, despite their rhetoric, is a shadow of itself. They barely managed to look like they were capable when they wheeled tanks into bush league Georgi not long ago. Their equipment has not been updated and they are chronically short of young seasoned soldiers.

It would depend on alliances formed, and of course, with the assumption it would be a conventional not nuclear war.

The example of how the US benefited from WWII is always thrown out. I don't think anyone rational looks at that as an endgame. A new major war could end up with everyone the loser. Even the winning side could suffer crippling damage that would set them back generations.

Threatening to go to war has become a weapon in itself. Dysfunctional North Korea knows that, and Iran takes cues from them.

I think what will happen in the Middle East is not so much a world engaging mega conflict so much as a prolonged vivisection. Limbs will be cut off one by one, till there's only the two heads - Saudi Arabia and Iran.

The Israeli retaliations in Lebanon and Gaza were dry runs for the future. Everyone looked on but even allied or sympathetic Arab and European states declined stepping in as Iran used it's proxies to provoke Israel and give a test slap in the face to the US.

A badly planned and executed democratization of Iraq may in the end be the benchmark for a new Middle East. If it doesn't fail.

Corrupt monarchies, brutal militarys, and power hungry despots, with their neverending tribal grudges, do not make good leaders in the final analysis. We only have to look at Africa to see that.

The West wants access to their resources, and they can either learn how to play the global game or see themselves weeded out one by one.

(too lazy to reread what I just typed so hope it's comprehensible.)

Mike

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hello, its been a while since i posted in this area, so i was wondering if anyone has a heads up on the build of chinese in cuba, or has it not hit the media yet.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Hey tristar good to se you.
Do you possibly have a link?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hi there,

I do realize i should have had a source to post it here, but its not being covered as of yet. Although the referenced Chinese do belong to engineering division and they are currently employed as civilian's for them to be allowed to enter Cuba without raising a concern amongst diplomatic channels, they are scouting for an area in an upcoming agreement of huge investment deal between the two nations. From what i am aware is the former ussr bases are being considered in order to house the upcoming "workers". I am sure this will be covered in a few months unless something derails the pre arranged announcement in reference to the time it will be.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Big Fat STAR for that one.
I'm going to keep an eye out for that. Great find if it pans out.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hey guys, I set up a TinWiki article on this. The article isn't quite what would be wanted but it's a brief for now. See it here:

tinwiki.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Very good I hope you get the timnwiki points.
Sorry I just woke and had about 10 typos in these few words

Walks away to grab some coffee,

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Good move,

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Tristar and Slayer69, feel free to add onto the article as you see needed. Some of this stuff I can only come up with so much on and I've been a little busy lately for making any contributions.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Cool beans!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join