It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Great Game

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
New technologies - the looming quiet.
Remember how noisy was Age of Information and PC revolution?
And now? Nothing. Quiet.

However, microwave technology is here. Only, it is used for weapons.

My point is, the elite (military and bankers, politicians) have monopoly on these technologies. Industry, investors, a-a, not this time. New technologies are not for everyone. Internet was a big mistake. They have realized it already. New technologies, which may easily lead to materialization of "replicators" as we know them from Star Trek, would lead to total annihilation of the existing economic model. That means, efficient destruction of any need for authorities to exist. Self sufficient people don't need states, don't need to steal, to fight for survival and domination. Free energy cannot be allowed.

This is the Great Game, with an even uglier snout.

People think, for instance, biological warfare is about creating poisons or deadly viruses. But no, a remotely controlled and programmable virus can subjugate masses of people - no need to kill the enemy. Just convert them to your control.

Most PC computers are now produced in China. The whole technology of silicon processors is obsolete - that's what it means. What has replaced it? Nobody is talking. That is scary.

So, people, keep your eyes and ears open. Lets not be surprised by some new false flag operations which will try to divert our attention.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Hmmmm.

This is the Great Game, with an even uglier snout.

I wonder if the military of the world believe that they are subject to anything such as ideas etc.

I wonder if morality comes into play.

So silicon is old tech and AMD or Intel have a new baby...bio and silocon or whatever.

Where is John Lear when you need him. lol

I cannot understand the full spectrum of what we are facing although I believe that we may be mapping out that spectrum and in this sense we then have a new great game.

Good talking to you as you are very illuminating.

I gotta go change a stove vent. Very old tech. lol

Peace
WR

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Speak of the...

What Pentagon theorists describe as a "Revolution in Military Affairs" (RMA) leverages information technology to facilitate (so they allege) command decision-making processes and mission effectiveness, i.e. the waging of aggressive wars of conquest.

It is assumed that U.S. technological preeminence, referred to euphemistically by Airforce Magazine as "compressing the kill chain," will assure American military hegemony well into the 21st century. Indeed a 2001 study, Understanding Information Age Warfare, brought together analysts from a host of Pentagon agencies as well as defense contractors Boeing, Booz Allen Hamilton and the MITRE Corporation and consultants from ThoughtLink, Toffler Associates and the RAND Corporation who proposed to do just.

As a result of this and other Pentagon-sponsored research, military operations from Afghanistan to Iraq and beyond aim for "defined effects" through "kinetic" and "non-kinetic" means: leadership decapitation through preemptive strikes combined with psychological operations designed to pacify (terrorize) insurgent populations. This deadly combination of high- and low tech tactics is the dark heart of the Pentagon's Unconventional Warfare doctrine

The RFID (Counter) Revolution

Radio-frequency identification tags are small computer chips connected to miniature antennae that can be fixed to or implanted within physical objects, including human beings. The chip itself contains an Electronic Product Code that can be read each time a reader emits a radio signal.

The chips are subdivided into two distinct categories, passive or active. A passive tag doesn't contain a battery and its read range is variable, from less than an inch to twenty or thirty feet. An active tag on the other hand, is self-powered and has a much longer range. The data from an active tag can be sent directly to a computer system involved in inventory control--or weapons targeting.

It is hardly surprising then, that the Pentagon and the CIA have spent "hundreds of millions of dollars researching, developing, and purchasing a slew of 'Tagging tracking and locating' (TTL) gear," Wired reports.

Long regarded as an urban myth, the military's deployment of juiced-up RFID technology along the AfPak border in the form of "tiny homing beacons to guide their drone strikes in Pakistan," has apparently moved out of the laboratory. "Most of these technologies are highly classified" Wired reveals
www.globalresearch.ca...

Yep...that is Walmart.

I always marveled at the shipping/inventory sytem Walmart had in Bentonville and beyond.

They have a great relationship with China.

Pretty interesting read.

If true.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by tristar

There is a similar but more aggressive move as this post is being written in another south american country, but it just has not hit the news yet.

Do you mean Chinese move, or the clashes between Incas (the so called natives) and the police and government troops in Peru?

I am referring to China aggressively establishing itself into South America. They have been there for well over 5 years in high profiling future investment on a scale that would dwarf any U.S. previous investment.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by tristar

There is a similar but more aggressive move as this post is being written in another south american country, but it just has not hit the news yet.

Do you mean Chinese move, or the clashes between Incas (the so called natives) and the police and government troops in Peru?

I am referring to China aggressively establishing itself into South America. They have been there for well over 5 years in high profiling future investment on a scale that would dwarf any U.S. previous investment.

Yes I was blown away by the chinese investment in South America.

I was speaking to a guy a few weeks ago who was bumped. He was working near the Caspian Basin...said it was all Chinese money.

The islands are full of Chinese as well.

Anyhow are you refering to any major shift that I do not yet know about when it comes to South America.

Also South America is frikin huge...so which part.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Yes, it will be the biggest and will alter the geostrategical force of the U.S. across the world. The think tanks have been aware of this in the past decade but did not expect such a rapid development from the Chinese. The first move is to totally withdraw from the middle east and allow a group of satellite country's to police the region. This is what everyone has been hearing by the end of the bush and now current administration of the U.S.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This is what initiated a line of thought. The fact is, if these can replace copper and other electrical conductors, then all this Chinese buying of copper mines and other such resources will prove to be useless if this technology of CNT becomes dominant.

Look at the size of those, "a few nanometers"!

Most single-walled nanotubes (SWNT) have a diameter of close to 1 nanometer,

Normally, in history, the monopolist nature of political and economical order would consider acquiring resources of this size a cause enough to start a major war. Now, it seems to me that the Chinese are simply being "allowed" to buy strategic resources without consequences. Present economic crisis may look as a convenient excuse to justify this kind of shift. That's why I think there is some kind of "fog of war" through which we cannot see clearly.

en.wikipedia.org...

Carbon nanotubes (CNTs) are allotropes of carbon with a cylindrical nanostructure. Nanotubes have been constructed with length-to-diameter ratio of up to 28,000,000:1,[1] which is significantly larger than any other material. These cylindrical carbon molecules have novel properties that make them potentially useful in many applications in nanotechnology, electronics, optics and other fields of materials science, as well as potential uses in architectural fields. They exhibit extraordinary strength and unique electrical properties, and are efficient conductors of heat. Their final usage, however, may be limited by their potential toxicity.

Nanotubes are members of the fullerene structural family, which also includes the spherical buckyballs. The ends of a nanotube might be capped with a hemisphere of the buckyball structure. Their name is derived from their size, since the diameter of a nanotube is on the order of a few nanometers (approximately 1/50,000th of the width of a human hair), while they can be up to several millimeters in length (as of 2008). Nanotubes are categorized as single-walled nanotubes (SWNTs) and multi-walled nanotubes (MWNTs).

[edit on 13-6-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Just a small part of the nations billion investment package for only one nation out of the many in South America. This is why i mentioned earlier that its investment's dwarf any U.S. investment in the past three decade. If you have the time you can view the site's content which is very rich in information about a small part of their future goals.

www.cnsa.gov.cn...

China-Brazil Signed Protocol to Deepen the Space Cooperation

BEIJING, May 19, Mr. SUN Laiyan, Administrator of China National Space Administration (CNSA) signed the < Protocol Between China National Space Administration of the Government of the People's Republic of China and the Brazilian Space Agency of the Government of the Federative Republic of Brazil on the Cooperation in CBERS Continuity ,Expansion and Applications > with the President of Brazilian Space Agency. The protocol will insure both sides to keep and deepen the cooperation in the field of space application, satellite develop, and so on.

Three China –Brazil Earth Resources Satellites (CBERS) have been launched successfully so far, large amount of observation data has been achieved, which has been wildly used in the field of the economic construction in both China and Brazil. Only in China, the amount of the distribution CBERS-02B's data in 2008 reached more than 240,000.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

And all this translates into the US debt

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is a fun little piss in the puddle.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=6505747#pid6505747

Chinese sub smashes US destroyer's sonar

A CHINESE submarine has smashed into an underwater sonar array towed behind a US destroyer, according to a report.

The incident with the USS John S. McCain occurred off the coast of the Philippines, CNN television reported, quoting a US official who said it was an "inadvertent encounter".

The array, used to locate underwater sounds, was damaged in the incident, but the military official said the sub and ship did not collide.

The US Navy did not consider the event a case of deliberate harassment, CNN reported.

In March this year two tense standoffs between US and Chinese vessels in the South China Sea triggered accusations by the US that China was behaving in an "aggressive" manner.

I want to comment on this. lol

First off this comment strikes on the idea of the sub being John McCain, a US Navy hero, as being the name of the sub.

John's father was a Navy Admiral.

By the way I always liked John McCain.

Anyhow the John McCain is saying that she was aggresively attacked...

China was behaving in an "aggressive" manner
and that this was unwarranted.

mac as in McArthur had laid down the law years ago that this was our ocean...being the Phillipine area. Yet China is pushing some law "of the sea" excuse to ram US/NATO property.

Who is the bully now?

lol

I wonder how the Chinese address thier boats.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Some interesting information here about the Chinese in S. America. It's a congress report called ' CHINA’S FOREIGN POLICY AND ‘‘SOFT POWER’’ IN SOUTH AMERICA, ASIA, AND AFRICA ".

--------------

De-Dollarization: Dismantling America’s Financial-Military Empire

June 13, 2009

The city of Yakaterinburg, Russia’s largest east of the Urals, may become known not only as the death place of the tsars but of American hegemony too – and not only where US U-2 pilot Gary Powers was shot down in 1960, but where the US-centered international financial order was brought to ground.

Challenging America will be the prime focus of extended meetings in Yekaterinburg, Russia (formerly Sverdlovsk) today and tomorrow (June 15-16) for Chinese President Hu Jintao, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and other top officials of the six-nation Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO). The alliance is comprised of Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrghyzstan and Uzbekistan, with observer status for Iran, India, Pakistan and Mongolia. It will be joined on Tuesday by Brazil for trade discussions among the BRIC nations (Brazil, Russia, India and China).

The attendees have assured American diplomats that dismantling the US financial and military empire is not their aim. They simply want to discuss mutual aid – but in a way that has no role for the United States, NATO or the US dollar as a vehicle for trade. US diplomats may well ask what this really means, if not a move to make US hegemony obsolete. That is what a multipolar world means, after all. For starters, in 2005 the SCO asked Washington to set a timeline to withdraw from its military bases in Central Asia. Two years later the SCO countries formally aligned themselves with the former CIS republics belonging to the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO), established in 2002 as a counterweight to NATO.

Yet the meeting has elicited only a collective yawn from the US and even European press despite its agenda is to replace the global dollar standard with a new financial and military defense system. A Council on Foreign Relations spokesman has said he hardly can imagine that Russia and China can overcome their geopolitical rivalry,1 suggesting that America can use the divide-and-conquer that Britain used so deftly for many centuries in fragmenting foreign opposition to its own empire. But George W. Bush (“I’m a uniter, not a divider”) built on the Clinton administration’s legacy in driving Russia, China and their neighbors to find a common ground when it comes to finding an alternative to the dollar and hence to the US ability to run balance-of-payments deficits ad infinitum.

What may prove to be the last rites of American hegemony began already in April at the G-20 conference, and became even more explicit at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum on June 5, when Mr. Medvedev called for China, Russia and India to “build an increasingly multipolar world order.” What this means in plain English is: We have reached our limit in subsidizing the United States’ military encirclement of Eurasia while also allowing the US to appropriate our exports, companies, stocks and real estate in exchange for paper money of questionable worth.

"The artificially maintained unipolar system,” Mr. Medvedev spelled out, is based on “one big centre of consumption, financed by a growing deficit, and thus growing debts, one formerly strong reserve currency, and one dominant system of assessing assets and risks.”2 At the root of the global financial crisis, he concluded, is that the United States makes too little and spends too much. Especially upsetting is its military spending, such as the stepped-up US military aid to Georgia announced just last week, the NATO missile shield in Eastern Europe and the US buildup in the oil-rich Middle East and Central Asia.

The sticking point with all these countries is the US ability to print unlimited amounts of dollars. Overspending by US consumers on imports in excess of exports, US buy-outs of foreign companies and real estate, and the dollars that the Pentagon spends abroad all end up in foreign central banks. These agencies then face a hard choice: either to recycle these dollars back to the United States by purchasing US Treasury bills, or to let the “free market” force up their currency relative to the dollar – thereby pricing their exports out of world markets and hence creating domestic unemployment and business insolvency.

When China and other countries recycle their dollar inflows by buying US Treasury bills to “invest” in the United States, this buildup is not really voluntary. It does not reflect faith in the U.S. economy enriching foreign central banks for their savings, or any calculated investment preference, but simply a lack of alternatives. “Free markets” US-style hook countries into a system that forces them to accept dollars without limit. Now they want out.

This means creating a new alternative. Rather than making merely “cosmetic changes as some countries and perhaps the international financial organisations themselves might want,” Mr. Medvedev ended his St. Petersburg speech, “what we need are financial institutions of a completely new type, where particular political issues and motives, and particular countries will not dominate.”

Continue here

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

I wonder how the Chinese address thier boats.

Chung Guo and Mei Guo having tantric sex

Creating tension in order to keep their lights alight...

[edit on 14-6-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Peak Soil Investment: This Quiet Land Grab is Just Beginning
By Q1 Publishing|Jun 12, 2009|Author's Website

According to the Economist, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and China have been “quietly” buying up more than $20 billion of this asset.

It’s not oil or natural gas assets though. And it’s not the molybdenum they need to build thousands of miles of new pipelines. They’re buying up one of my favorite long-term investments, farmland.

The way things are shaping up, investors who follow their lead now will do exceptionally well in the short-term and long-term. Let me explain.

Another Case of Great Expecations

It’s no secret we’re facing a big opportunity in agriculture. It’s something we’ve delved into quite a bit over the past few years.

wallstreetpit.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Another all too terrible tradegy in the Great Game...

Corporal Martin Dubé, 35, the second Canadian Forces soldier killed within a week in Afghanistan, died as he dismantled an improvised explosive device meant to strike a high traffic area in the Panjwayii district southwest of Kandahar City

My heart goes to the family of this very brave man.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hey all new member here

First i want to say this is an extraordinary amount of information, and much appreciation to those who've spent the time to collect it all.

I must say if this information is indeed true, I fear for the world. Having just turned 22 its scary to think that all these power grab schemes are happening that could very well mean the end to a short life as I have know it.

The information is out there, as well as the signs, and I've thought that something has been going on with the country/world for a few years now.
It seems that we should start making preparations in the event of the worst case scenario for us "regular people".

But there's the rub, we are regular people, and if the columnist at Pravda is correct and "The proud American (or anyone else ) will go down into his slavery with out a fight, beating his chest and proclaiming to the world, how free he really is. The world will only snicker. " what can we truly do?

Short of everyone amassing small stockpiles of gold, silver, rubies and diamonds in the hopes of buying a good life in the NWO when the paper becomes worthless, or a worldwide execution campaign of all the banksters, etc it seems there is nothing we can do.

I think at the same time we are preparing the information we should prepare some contingency plans, like what would be the best course of action in case of WW3, or the NWO.

ah well I think I'm starting to ramble, that's just my 4 cents. Keep up the great work everyone!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Pakistan kills dozens of militants in tribal areas

12 hours ago

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AFP) — Pakistani forces have killed dozens more suspected militants in tribal areas, officials said, after the government announced a new assault against Taliban along the Afghan border.

Jet planes and helicopter gunships bombarded militant hideouts in the tribal agencies of Bajaur and Mohmand on Sunday, as the military opened up a second front in the seven-week offensive in the insurgency-hit northwest.

Security officials in the region said that about 30 militants were killed in Mohmand agency, close to the provincial capital Peshawar.

US Gen. McChrystal takes command in Afghanistan

By JASON STRAZIUSO – 38 minutes ago

KABUL (AP) — Gen. Stanley McChrystal, a four-star American general with a long history in special operations, took charge of U.S. and NATO troops in Afghanistan on Monday, a change of command the Pentagon hopes will turn the tide in an increasingly violent eight-year war.

McChrystal took command from Gen. David McKiernan during a low-key ceremony at the heavily fortified headquarters of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force in central Kabul. McKiernan was fired last month by Defense Secretary Robert Gates one year into a two-year assignment.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Some of you guys may have already taken a glance or something at this thread:

Brazil, Russia, India and China form bloc to challenge US dominance

So I guess this changes the playing field quite drastically since this now involves Brazil which seems to counteract the alliance of the US and Brazil's South American neighbor Colombia.

Methinks I see a new rash of conflicts once this gets over if it goes anything like the Cold War.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Must Read article from F. William Engdahl...

The Eurasian Pipeline Calculus

Calculus has two main variants—derivative and integral. The Eurasian energy pipeline geopolitics between Turkey Washington and Moscow today has elements of both. It is highly derivative in that the major actors across Central Asia from China, Russia to Turkey are very much engaged in a derived power game which has less to do with any specific state and more to do with maintaining Superpower hegemony for Washington. Integral as the de facto motion of various pipeline projects now underway or in discussion across Eurasia hold the potential to integrate the economic space of Eurasia in a way that poses a fundamental challenge to Washington’s projection of Full Spectrum Dominance over the greatest land mass on earth.

globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hey Fin.

Good article. Reading the article it shows the relevance of Eurasia.

Turkey has been a flare point for hundreds of years as it has always been the gateway to the East.

Even now as shown in the article geo strategy still has relevance as does the simple ideas of human population, resources, and geography still factor into the picture.

If the US can pursue full spectrum dominance via technology leverage in as Star War type options can be used with minimal human input needed such as having spec ops doing prep work then geographical dominance can be exercised from space allowing earth based networks such as trade to flourish in favour of the US.

The powers in Europe have always used a divide and conquer thrust using debt as an instrument of dominance and control.

Is this what has happened to the glorious republic?

The slow downfall of influence concerning the US reminds me a bit of the Opium Wars developed by the East India trading company in that the US is over run with drugs.

The debt problem reminds one of some early Russian issues from the 19th century.

The wild card is technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join