It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother accused of drowning son, 4, in Oregon river

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Mother accused of drowning son, 4, in Oregon river

my.earthlink.net

PORTLAND, Ore. - An Oregon mother was arrested Saturday in the drowning of her 4-year-old son after the boy and his 7-year-old sister ended up in the chilly Williamette River.

Residents heard screams on the Sellwood Bridge near Portland and called authorities. Some jumped into boats to help search in the early morning darkness. After about an hour, a couple found the children downstream.

The boy, Eldon Jay Rebhan Smith, could not be revived; the girl was in a hospital and expected to survive.

"She's doing well," said Detective Sgt. Rich Austria of the Portland Police Bureau. "She
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Here we go again. This is the second incident in a week of a mother killing one of her kids.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

What is causing these mothers to twist off like this? The economy, spousal abuse, family neglect, demons, HAARP, Satan, simple despair and hopelessness?

Are we looking at the future of America where bizarre murder and other strange crimes are the order of the day?

my.earthlink.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Maybe she's just mentally ill and it has nothing to do with external influence.. There's no point in explaining it, either way she allegedly killed her son.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by whaaa

Maybe she's just mentally ill and it has nothing to do with external influence.. There's no point in explaining it, either way she allegedly killed her son.

Well of course she is mentally ill! Sane people don't kill their kids!!

And you feel their is no point in trying to find the cause of the mental illness that causes people to kill their kids; find an explanation?

Perhaps it's the uncaring attitudes of others that eventually topple these mothers into the abyss of insanity and murder.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

What is causing these mothers to twist off like this? The economy, spousal abuse, family neglect, demons, HAARP, Satan.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In my opinion, every case is different and most of us will never know what causes each person to do these things. There are so many factors that could be involved. You named some of them and there may be more not mentioned. It is just too hard to speculate without knowing all facts.

Another article with photo of horrible mother

Portland police homicide detectives were assigned to the investigation. They were contacted by the Tualatin Police Department about a missing person case possibly involving Eldon and his sister. Detectives then received a phone call from someone saying he thought the children found in the river might be his relatives. Detectives were able to confirm the identity of the children based on information provided by family members

Im sure more info about this woman will come out as the case develops.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 5/24/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Although not specific to this case, I've always wondered in general if such actions have always occurred but due to various discretion (family protection, closed societies, etc), lack of media (tv, internet, etc), and other factors that we just never heard of such killings happening. If it was in your town, there would be news of it, but that would be about it...not world wide exposure which makes it seem like a growing concern. Maybe the growing concern is more to do with the widening media exposure and police reporting measures rather then it being hushed our of "decency" towards the family in the past. Just a thought...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I was just mentioning since you seemed to offer external influences to the problem, some of them even imaginary.

And right, it's my fault that she killed her son. Want to blame anything else on my personallity type before I tell you that you're wrong?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by whaaa

And right, it's my fault that she killed her son. Want to blame anything else on my personallity type before I tell you that you're wrong?

I don't know how you reached that conclusion. But if an apology will make you feel better....im sorrrryyy

top topics

join